“Spacious, modern rooms...cheap!”

Motel 6 Georgetown - Lexington North
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice on my travels. I believe I paid under $35.00 each time. The modern room design that Motel 6 is doing is very nice. There are no nasty carpets, just clean bamboo-style flooring. The room was very spacious with a nice desk to work at, free Wifi, and comfortable beds. This is not plush, but I preferred it over lots of fabrics that would hold smells, dust mites, and bacteria. The heating and cooling worked well without a lot of noise, and you get a good nights sleep. Clean bathroom, clean white towels, and a free java & processed carb breakfast (If you eat that sort of stuff). There is a Waffle House next door too. This is an affordable place to sleep when you're on the road, that's not gross or scary. My only complaint is the hallways and stairs were dirty.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
m64548, Manager at Motel 6 Georgetown - Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 Georgetown KY. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Good: The staff was friendly, efficient, and accommodating. We needed 2 rooms (called ahead and it was about 11 pm), includ. one with 2 beds and they gave us the only room available with 2, a room for disabled people. That earned them their only star. The floors were covered with a vinyl which was spartan and not that attractive, but given the level of poor maintenance, we were glad it was a surface you could see was cleaned. The mattresses were checked and seemed cheap but clean and newer looking. Room seemed clean including fridge and microwave.
The Bad: The motel was VERY poorly maintained. The vinyl baseboards in the bathroom were held up with scotch tape on the corner. The shower water pressure was very low, the water did not drain properly from the handicap shower and spread throughout the bathroom. Likewise, the water barely flowed from the sink faucet. The shower was poorly maintained and had mold growing on the quarter round in shower (not a housekeeping problem but a maintenance problem). There was no soap dish in shower area. Both rooms just gave the appearance of being run down.
The Ugly: The mirror was intended to lean forward to accommodate wheel chair level, but the mechanism was broken and the sliding mechanism just stuck out from the wall and looked ugly. The screen was torn and not mounted in the track. When we opened the window the screen fell off. We had 2 non-smoking rooms, but the hallways reeked of smoke and guests were smoking in the hallways. One of our non-smoking rooms really reeked and one of our blankets had a cigarette burn hole. One room had a beer can left in it. The vinyl floors were buckled near the bathroom probably due to moisture intrusion. Painting was sloppy.
The room was worth about $40 and we paid about $69 per room. There was a shortage of rooms in area due to Keeneland, Univ of Ky practice games, and a Pasofino Horse Show at Horse Park, otherwise we would have left. We paid twice as much for downtown hotel in Louisville and got ten times the value of this Motel 6.
Room was clean, but not comfortable, and a poor value. Stay in Georgetown or Lexington, area is gorgeous. But don't stay at this motel if you have a choice.

Room Tip: Avoid this place all together.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
m64548, Manager at Motel 6 Georgetown - Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We appriciate your feedback because it tells us what we are doing right as well as those areas where we need improvment. I apologize that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. We currently going through the renovation and about 10% of the renovation still pending. Unfortunatly, you were rented one of the older rooms. In regards to rate, We always price our room very competative and we always keep in mind that we provide clean, comforatble room at lowest price of any national chain. Our price was $69 during that particular weekend because of the major events which was still lowest price in and around Georgetown area. I would like to assure you that we are taking measure to resolve the issues that you experianced. Please accept my sincere apologies. I would like to invite you back and stay with us the next time you are in the area. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

They had advertised, rooms with hard wood floors & new rooms! Well our room was terrible! Room smelled terrible ,broken bed, and other things broken in the room,so we got out of there & we got our money back and left!!

• Stayed: August 2012

I would like to thank you for taking a time to write a review about your stay at our hotel and that is one way we know what we are doing right and wrong. I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectation and I am glad that you brought the issue during your stay. Unfortunatly, we did not have any other room to switch you in and we had to refund you the money. We believe in 100% customer satisfaction. At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very fair price, clean and very big room, good location and friendly staff. As others mentioned the room is extremely spartan but the size (for two adults and two teen agers) made for it. Quite despite beeing close to the interstate road.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The room was very spartan but was immaculate. Everything worked and the room was very big. We stayed in room 221 with 2 double beds. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was upgraded and I would say the decor was sort of modern. The floors were vinyl which was great. I didn't have to worry about what was lurking in the carpet and if I could take my shoes off. I saw housekeeping mopping the floors as well as we checked in. Great for a dog which the motel allows free of charge. The pool looked inviting even though we didn't use it. We booked online the night before and paid $40 with AARP discount and no problems checking in. The only thing negative I saw was the carpeting on the stairs was stained and dirty. The landscaping could be better. If you can get past that, this a clean place to stay and I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

This is probably the most spartan room I've ever stayed in but the lack of clutter and carpet in the room probably makes it easier to clean. The beds are fairly comfortable. Overall, a great value for the money if you are looking for a quiet place to sleep for a night.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank amyleigh
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I've stayed here for many years for events at the horse park because the staff is friendly and it is very inexpensive. I stopped staying here 3 years ago because the window in my room leaked a river of water into my room during a storm which explained the horrible musty smell in my room.
I am back again for the price (and the friendly staff) but I cannot call the rooms "new" or "remodeled". The only thing new is the lobby, the hall carpet and the vinyl floors in the rooms. Oh, and new paint- bright Howard Johnson's orange in the hallways. They are still the old, broken down, squeaky beds with flat or lumpy pillows, old bedspreads and holy curtains. Same old stained tubs and sinks. There is a desk in the room but no chair or table so you have to eat on your bed.
There is wireless but it is NOT secure and the signal is weak and intermittent.
It is what it is- it's a clean, friendly and cheap hotel but to say the rooms are remodeled or new is a stretch and misleading.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown
Comfort Suites
#3 of 14 in Georgetown
Days Inn Georgetown-North Of Lexington
Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel

Been to Motel 6 Georgetown - Lexington North? Share your experiences!