“Great place to stay”
Review of Super 8 Georgetown

Super 8 Georgetown
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Rooms are clean and they have a great staff,very nice and willing to help.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed February 23, 2010

Great clean hotel with fast internet, at a very affordable price.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Checked into the hotel before going to a ballgame that night. Reserved a non-smoking jacuzzi suite about a week before our trip. Upon arriving to the hotel we had to rush upstairs to change before the game and they asked me again at the desk if I wanted smoking or non-smoking. When we got to the room it smelled of smoke and there was an ashtray in the room. I didn't have time to argue the point because i needed to get ready so we accepted the room and went on our way. Room 220 is NOT a non-smoking room.

The bed seemed to be ok and the overall cleanliness of the room was acceptable. The bathroom was tiny with barely any room to move around. The furniture was ok but again smelled of smoke.

The next morning we made our way to the lobby for the free hot breakfast served from 6-9 and we found that there was nothing hot left at all and they did not restock anything. The waffle mix was empty and so was the gravy and they made no effort to refill anything. My wife and I had a muffin and water and headed to Denny's quite disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2009

My husband and I travel all the time for business and to keep some of our traveling cost down we stay in cheaper hotels. So when we checked into the Super 8 Nov 18 I was surprised when I walked into the lobby to find it remodeled to a fresh and contemporary look. Then we got to our room which was even more shocking, with nice linens, and paint, new desk, large t.v., nice fixtures, and more. The breakfast bar was above average with all you basics and more. They had a nice guest laundry, and the pool area looked nice (although closed and too cold to swim) but looked nice. We will definitely be back to that hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Renovations have certainly upgraded this hotel to equally compare with the more expensive places to stay along I-75. Very clean rooms and staff were very friendly and helpful. Comfortable new beds and fresh linens gave us a great nights sleep!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Just stayed here for 4 nights and have mixed opinions.

First the good points:
- The staff is very helpful. We had 2 issues (security and billing) and both were resolved promptly.
- The beds are nice, the pillows soft and supportive (unlike another Super 8 we stayed in recently that had lumpy pillows).
- Fridge and microwave in a room.
- The breakfast is good.
- Reasonably convenient to Lexington, even Cincinnati; restaurants & shopping close by.
- Affordable; we paid $55 on average per night. Our reservation was for a king bed, but we picked 2 beds instead.

The not so good points:
- The bathroom is tiny. Very.
- The room can be noisy as there are no heavy curtains. We stayed in a room facing south (not as noisy as the opposite room which faces the 75), but there’s truck parking behind the motel and trucks can drive directly under the windows at any time (plus they can idle all night long as we experienced). Noisy and smelly.
- TV is rather small and old; limited channels (but that may be due to local cable co.).
- Though recently renovated (as proclaimed) the place does not feel or look like it on the inside (outside, yes), with entry door not locking (security issue as anyone can enter the premises), no fly screens on the windows, hard to close windows/doors, wall paper starting to peel here and there, etc.

Overall it’s hard to rate this place. Were it not for the staff I would give it 3 stars.

Would I stay here again? All depends: if you spent most of the time away and just need place to shower and sleep or just stay for 1 night, yes. If you plan to spend more time in the room or use the facilities, no.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This was definitely a nicer Super 8. They had updated beds, bedding and fixtures, a large mini-fridge and microwave. We brought a dog with us and the room was a little strange because it was on the first floor and had both a door you could enter from the hallway and another door leading to outside. I usually select hotels with indoor corridors, because I feel safer in them, (I'm not sure they actually are any safer--I just feel safer.) I don't know what was the purpose of having both--perhaps the point was to make it easier to take out the dog, but you couldn't re-enter the door from the outside. I was glad I had a dog with me, or I would have felt uneasy on the first floor with two entry doors.

There was a dog fee of $10 per night, which was not mentioned on the website and also was not mentioned when I called to confirm my reservation, but $10 a night is really a minimal fee, so not a big deal.

The breakfast was pretty great for a low-cost hotel, with waffles and biscuits and gravy. The room was clean, and that's the most important to me.

The hotel was definitely a step up from budget hotels, but not quite up to the quality of mid-price hotels--perfect for an overnight stop though.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple