“friendly and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
White Pine, Tennessee
“friendly and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

we have stayed here several times. the staff is always friendly and helpful. the rooms are clean but the hotel itself could use a little facelift overall. it is convenient to lexington with less traffic hassle. like the pillow top mattresses, extra pillows and soft towels!

1 Thank Jane19571965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived later in the evening and when i was greeted at the desk by the clerk I soon found out that i had made an error in my reservatiion. I accidentally booked a smoking room and she quickly switched me over with a smile. I had really thought I booked the non smoking room and she told me that sometimes the computer switches it over. I liked that she didnt blame me. Anyway, on en tering my room, it was beautiful. Not the typical super 8. Looked and felt much more upscale. The bed linens were soft, the bed comfortable, the bathroom was clean and the room over all was very well taken care of. The hotel didnt have any hotel odors. Breakfast was more than adequate. There was plenty for everyone and very clean area. Many tables etc. It was a nice place to start and end the day.

1 Thank breeze1der
MILAN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were in town to visit the Kentucky Horse Park and this was close, convenient, reasonably priced, clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was good. This was a good choice.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank LOIS C
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Nothing too disappointing here, just when you see a Super 8 is the second best rated hotel in an area that includes Hilton and Marriott properties you tend to expect more.

Upon checking in (booked through Priceline) I was given a handicap room. I wasn't told it was a handicap room, I only found out when I entered the room. I went back to the front desk and was initially told that was all that was available for non-smoking rooms. Then, she decided to check the computer and found there were other non-smoking rooms available, so, fortunately, I was able to switch.

Everything was fine until about 9:30, when the Internet started to slow down considerably to the point it would take minutes for a page to load. It was like this again an hour or two before check-out time in morning. Even their guest computer (w/ printer) Internet connection was very slow, so I couldn't get anything printed, more less pages loaded. I guess its because they were booked pretty full, but certainly not a shortcoming you expect from a hotel that has such high reviews.

Lastly, the room doors have a tendency to slam shut, which woke me up in the morning. Wasn't particularly thrilled about this either, which is ultimately what prompted me to write this review.

The only thing that met my expectations was the bed comfort. Much nicer than most Super 8's I've stayed at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo