“Relaxing last night”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Georgetown
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed November 17, 2013

For the last night of our driving trip home from Florida, we chose to stop at Georgetown and were looking for a nice warm indoor pool and a relaxing evening before the last leg of our journey back to Canada. The thing that stood out for us most was the service provided by the lady at the front desk. She was very unassuming but extremely helpful in our every question and request. Great hiring choice! She is very good at her job.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yvonne D

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I travel over 100 days a year and have come to like the Country Inn and Suites chain. This hotel is very similar to the others in many ways (rooms, facilities, breakfast etc.), but what puts the Georgetown property over the top is the friendly staff. I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions (close to 30 days this year) and I feel like its a second home. I know when I walk in, the front desk clerk is going to be smiling and ready to help with anything from the printer to suggesting good dinner spots. This may not be important on everybody's list but when you travel alone its nice to see a friendly face at the beginning and end of the day. Special shout out to Leah, she seems to always go over the top to make sure that the hotel is doing everything possible to help the guest with their stay and keep things running smoothly.

Room Tip: I like the second floor because I usually choose to use the stairs rather than the elevator
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bighead00
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here with 2 other families as we visited a third family at the Kentucky Horse Park campground. The hotel was very accommodating so that we could all be on the same floor so that we could sit in the hallway into the night visiting while our kids slept. The hotel walls and room doors are truly soundproof! Great breakfast, with staff tending to it (and refreshing things) right up until the last minute. We know as we put that timing to the test. Great indoor pool as well -- perfect temperature for the kids to jump right in. For future trips to Lexington, this will be our place to stay.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel, near a main road, and heard no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CincyFamily04
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here while in town attending a softball clinic for my daughter. It was a decent hotel. Not the greatest I've stayed at before. But the bed was clean and nice. The room could use a little attention. Like the shower curtain rod looked like it had been pulled out of the wall multiple times and just moved over and screwed back in with drywall screws. Just mostly appearance issues. The pool area wasn't the cleanest looking, but I have seen worse. The girl working the front desk was extremely nice and a welcome to deal with. Again for the money I cannot complain too much.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TSirch
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and clean. It had all the amenities. Everyone was friendly. The girl at the front desk called not even 5 minutes from checking out to let me know that housekeeping found a item I had left behind. I can actually say that has never happened before.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stefanie W
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel offered everything it advertised. This is not the Hilton. It's a 2-3 star hotel but that is what I expected. Clean rooms, great front desk personnel, comfortable bed, free local paper, good breakfast, working pool and exercise room. Just happy there were no issues. Often these lower end chain hotels can be hit or miss but I have had good luck with every Country Inn and Suites.. Not so with Ramada, Comfort Inn, Quality Inn and La Quinta. I do not have any affiliation with Carlson Companies. I just enjoy the consistency of their hotels.

The only cons were that the walls are a bit thin so I could hear my neighbors early in the morning. The pool is pretty small so do not plan on doing laps. It is more of a kid's play pool. Our stay was a little pricey but it was a fall Saturday night stay and there was a competition at the nearby Kentucky Horse park. So it is probably a peek weekend.

Room Tip: If you do not have a dog ask to not be put on the 4th floor where dogs are permitted. Ask not to be...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelEMB
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay here based on the high ratings of previous visitors. Even though it was quiet, I don't understand why there were alot of excellent ratings. There were several things noticed by us. First the bathroom door handle didn't line up with the old hole. Second the old mounting holes for the shower curtain rod were still visible. Third the furniture was marked up. The location of the hotel is not well marked. When traveling north on Interstate 75, signs along the road indicate to exit at exit 125. It makes more sense to us to exit the interstate at exit 126. Next time through Georgetown, we will probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple