“Comfortable”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Georgetown
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
“Comfortable”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Very courteous staff from Manager to Housekeeping. Very clean. Small 2 bedroom suite worked out perfectly for us. Bed was comfortable. Free breakfast is good, especially the fresh fruit and waffles. We plan to stay here next year for Pony Finals at the Kentucky Horse Park. Follow PonyBeds.com on Facebook.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Topgun48

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Phila, PA
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If this had been the first Country Inn & Suites I had been to, it would have been the last. From the check-in experience I knew right away that service was not emphasized here. There were three of us waiting at the reception desk while the clerk answered a phone call and proceeded to work out some logistics for a reservation that was for more than a week away (yes, I could hear both sides of the conversation). The conversation went on for about 5 minutes before the guy in front of me walked out in disgust. Then, finally about 3 minutes later the clerk went ahead and checked me in while still on the phone with the other woman (who was talking to her the whole time). It seems to me that taking a message and calling her back when no one is waiting would have been in order...or, if you are going to multi-task and check me in, do it right away. I was ready to grab the phone from her and resolve the situation myself! Where are the priorities? I guess i was a "sure sale" (pre-paid and standing there) so I could wait.

The room was fine. It was clean, quiet, and well maintained.

The breakfast was passable...not great by any means. The food wasn't very appealing. When we told the attendant that we got the last half-cup of coffee out of the dispenser (and we needed more) she found it more important to do dishes before making more coffee. We ended up going to Starbucks down the street. Again, where are the priorities? But the thing which astounded me about the breakfast was that there was a tip jar out soliciting tips for the breakfast!!! I have never seen that before but I can name many, many more places where the service at the free breakfast most certainly would warrant tipping. This place would not make that list.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked a two bedroom suite as we were traveling with another couple and wanted some seating space for the evening. The sitting area was very small with really only seating for 3. The bedroom with the king size bed was fine but the room with the queen size bed was small with a very noisy air conditioning unit. That room also had a support wall jutting out into the bit of walking space that was around the bed. Definitely not well laid out. Luckily, the beds were good; bathroom was an okay size. Typical hotel breakfast. We were going to use the pool but the pool area was so hot that we didn't think we would find the swim refreshing.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite #201 is very small.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Georgetown, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Lastmango,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. We appreciate you taking the time send us your feedback.
Union County, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I really want to thank the generosity of the staff at the Country Inn & Suites in Georgetown. We were on our way back from visiting family in Illinois and needed a place to stay as we were planning on visiting the Kentucky Horse Park the next day. So we stopped Thursday evening (June 13th) at the Country Inn & Suites after our original hotel was blocked off (road closed) due to a storm that had come through the area earlier in the day. The staff could not have been nicer to us. The accommodations were great- many food places surrounded the area. i had never previously stayed at a Country Inn & Suites but will definitely consider it going forward.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kathyboa2
Scott Depot, West Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this property 2 nights over the Labor Weekend 2013. I was greeted by a smiling face at the front desk that was eager to help. The rooms were modestly appointed. The bathrooms were kind of small (you had to close the door to get into and out of the shower.).

The internet was as fast I have have seen in a hotel. The hot tub was great, very clean and well maintained. The free breakfast was not up to Hampton Suites standard but still pretty good. The lobby was nice and offered books to read.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is my second time stay.
Hotel is clean and comfortable. I had a great night stay onece again. Breakfast was good. Pool looks awesome. Newly renovated. Above all HARRY the GM professional and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013
Monclova, Ohio
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We chose to stay in Georgetown instead of Lexington to save a little money. We did have a big room here for our family which was nice. We got a two bedroom suite but a family living area with pull out sofa. It was nice to all get our own sleeping space. The hotel was neat and clean. My kids enjoyed the pool although it was very small. With a few others in the pool it was crowded. The road noise was very loud. Not sure if it was the highway or the side road, but we were at the end and it was very loud. The next morning we had breakfast. The room is very small and only has tables of 4, so if your family is larger good luck. Unfortunately the food was terrible! I realize it is "free breakfast" and I am not picky but the eggs, bacon and even oatmeal were barely edible. My kids ate waffles. Everything kept running out including utensils. Next time we will $30-40 more and stay at a higher quality hotel chain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family