“Great Rest”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Naples, Florida, United States
“Great Rest”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Beautiful Hotel, comfortable beds and quiet. The Hotel staff are very friendly and accommodating !This hotel is very clean and the breakfast plentiful. The cold water they offer and a fresh cookie at check in a plus.

Room Tip: Stay low. Smoking rooms are on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cynthia G
AMaxwell11, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Cynthia G,

I'm Alma, general manager of the Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are please you have found our clean hotel, great breakfast and helpful staff. Our staff works very hard to ensure each guest walks away with a smile on their face. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Alma and the team at Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed August 9, 2012

A good value at the time of our trip, located in historic Georgetown, KY, one exit north of the KY Horse Park and out of the Lexington traffic.

And you don't have to pay upfront for your room. The staff was friendly and helpful when looking for local restaurants and other sites of interest. A large hot breakfast, coffee all day and cookies at Happy Hour. Their pool is a must have for summer travel.

We would definitely consider this hotel location again, IF the price was right.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OHCircuitRider
Dear OHCircuitRider,

This is Alma, General Manager at the Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our staff works very hard to ensure each guest walks away with a smile on their face. We are very glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, cookies and coffee during your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and reviewing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Your Friends at the Hampton
Austin
Reviewed August 8, 2012

First, I booked the room via a hotel booking website, not Hilton.com. I have never had any issues with rooms I've booked through this website before, so I was a bit disappointed in this experience from the beginning. So, I booked a king nonsmoking room and that's what I expected when we showed up just 20 minutes later.

We were told at the front desk that they only had one nonsmoking room left, and it was a 2-double room. That was ok - we can make that work for our family. We got up to the 4th floor... and it reeked of smoke. Well, that wasn't a good sign. We opened our room, and it was not exactly free of smoke smell even though it was clearly marked as non-smoking. (ambient smoke is still smoke, and it goes everywhere.)

When we returned to the front desk, we were told they had no other nonsmoking rooms - until they suddenly "found" another one on a nonsmoking floor. Now, I know that they have to operate within the boundaries of sales and you keep certain rooms available for your rewards and repeat customers. But please don't pull this stuff on people just because they saved a few bucks by going to a hotel booking site. We were simply trying to stay budget conscious but also have a quality hotel experience with a reputable company.

So, the highlight - the pool and hot tub were very good for this level of hotel. Very enjoyable.

Other than that, we found our beds a bit less comfortable than expected after the reviews, our door handle was very loose (room 318 I think? It's been a few days), and the air conditioning had a start up rattle (also not uncommon in this level of hotel - which I would not put as 3-stars.) The breakfast was ok - typical again of this level of hotel.

In summary - I won't book again with a Hampton. There are many, many other choices at the same level that will offer me better beds, better service and less hassle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Trooper88
Dear Trooper88,

I'm Alma, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Lexington/Geeorgetown. Thank you the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I deeply regret that you had such a poor experience with our front desk staff. We expect our agents to be friendly and responsive to our guests needs. I will take every measure to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope that you'll stay with us on your next visit so that we'll have the opportunity to make this up to you.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Arrived at this hotel we felt very welcomed and our needs were met. The place smells good, is very clean. The room is marvelous as usual. The staff at the front desk is so friendly and helpfull. What can we say better. We trully recommend this place before anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Diane076
AMaxwell11, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Diane076,

I'm Alma, General Manager at the Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our staff works very hard to ensure each guest walks away with a smile on their face. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your Friends at the Hampton
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed June 8, 2012

First, if you are connected to the hotel, you should look at my other reviews for a little bit. You will learn that I am a Hilton "homer", and rarely have anything serious to complain about.

I booked this room for a annual event, and I have stayed at this very Hampton in the past. I learned years ago (when traveling with my children) that this hotel has a 24 hour pool and jacuzzi, which is handy when one has been working on their feet all night. The downside is that (from our previous stays) kids also can go later, and there can be some late night noise as they come and go. This was my fear this time, but not what really turned me off of this property.

As an hhonors member I have enjoyed how carefully Hilton properties place me in rooms according to my preferences. Generally, I like to stay on a high floor, away from elevators which will frequently cut out a lot of noise in the hallway. I made a specific request with this reservation for a similar room assignment. I was greeted amiably by Chris, and I reminded him of my request. He commented "yes we have you on the 4th floor, room 418".

Off I went, and stepped off the elevator on the 4th floor. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the door directly off the elevator lobby was 419. 418 shared a wall with the elevator lobby AND the housekeeper's closet.

I went back down to the desk immediately, and advised Chris that it didn't meet my needs. He was quick to tell me it was all they had. I pressed a little more, and he went into the computer and studied for a few moments, and offered me the same room (218, 318, etc) on different floors. He called a sister hotel next door, and they seemed to only have rooms right on the elevator as well.

I have stayed in Hilton properties 23 times in the last 12 months. I have never encountered the following:

1. Having a advance room request not being met
2. Having a property not come to an accommodation when a valued customer is not happy.

Chris' take was that there were literally zero rooms that met my needs. This would mean that he had a 'trumping' request from every other guest that had not yet checked in (it was 2pm). Each and every reservation must have said "don't put me in a room next to the elevator", or he could have easily swapped my room with the later arrivals.

I'm a trooper, and decided to let all this go, and go work my job at the local event. I came back at 2 am, and was settled for sleep at about 3. At 6 am I was awakened by a loud series of noises that I wasn't accustomed to. I later realized it was the housekeepers arriving to start their day, beating and banging their carts and supplies from the "attached" closet.

In the end, I never slept again after the constant disruptions. I checked out of the Hampton in the AM, and chose a different property.

Otherwise? The room was perfect, absent a usb charging port that are starting to show up at better hotels. It's a shame that my opinion of HI has dimmed a bit.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, don't accept a room ending in 18 if you plan to sleep-in in the morning. Don...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank zjxtinpusher
AMaxwell11, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Zjxtinpusher,

I'm Alma, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Lexington/Geeorgetown. Thank you the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate the type of room you reserved. Although we strive to accommodate our guest with exact reservations, at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and noise associated with the room placement. I understand how important a good night’s sleep is while traveling and will work to avoid similar situations in the future. I do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way home and enjoyed our stay very much. The check in was quick and efficient thanks to Alma the General Manger working the front desk. Alma gave us a discount on the room which we were not offered when we made our reservation. The rooms were spacious and clean and the staff was very pleasant.
The beds were very comfortable which is very important to me. We were unlucky enough to stay the same night a young girl was having a birthday party with several of her friends. The young girl were noisy and running up and down the halls which was annoying. Apparently several other people complained about the noise and Alma took care of the problem before I had a chance to complain. Alma is a very good manager and we certainly appreciated her efforts. The young lady taking care of the breakfast room was very pleasant and efficient. This was our second time at this hotel and the experience was just as good this time as last. We will certainly stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Top floor for smokers so if smoke bothers you stay on a different floor. Minor smoke smell in the ha...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ToledoTim
AMaxwell11, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear ToledoTim,

I'm Chris Jones the Assistant General Manager at the Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown Kentucky. Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your stay with us. I'm sorry about the birthday party that took place while you were here. However I'm glad you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and and had the pleasure of speaking with Alma the General Manager. I have had the pleasure of working with her the past few years and know the hard work she puts into everything she does. Thank you for noticing. We welcome you back to stay with us the next time your in the area.

Hope See you Soon,

Your Friends at Hampton
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean and the property is n the style of a nice Hampton inn as expected. Good breakfast bar and they hadtp go bags for a snack on the road. This was a good option for going to the horse park.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear 81globetrotter81,

I'm Chris Jones the Assistant General Manager at the Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown Kentucky. I would like to think you for taking the time to write this review about your stay with us. I'll let Bonnie our breakfast host you enjoyed her breakfast bar. We would love to see you again the next time your visiting the horse park.

See you next time,