“Atmosphere”

Galvin's
Ranked #6 of 102 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Fun place to spend an evening. The beer selection us outstanding for an out of the way place. The service is great and fast. The good is average but hot and served fast. If you are looking for a fun sports bar, this is a good place.

There are newer reviews for Galvin's

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I'm all in for $3.99 chardonnay! Food was quickly served, hot and fresh tasting. Nothing fancy...but my daughter's chicken tenders were beautiful chicken breast fillets (not the pressed and processed variety) with a yummy, crunchy coating. Like real fried chicken! My salad was perfect, although served with iceberg lettuce, which bores me. However, at least the lettuce was torn into appropriately-sized bits, which was nice. Slab of chocolate cake for dessert was as heavy and filling and rich as you always dreamed it could be. Great, efficient service. Atmosphere...meh.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm not a fan of Galvin's. Nothing on their small menu seems appealing to me and when I have ordered from here they are always out of what I am trying to order (like chicken on a Tuesday night?!). The atmosphere is nothing special and the service is slow and the employees are rude. Do not order the pizza, it taste like cardboard!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Myself and group of bicyclists were in town for the Horsey Hundred bike ride over the 2013 Memorial Day weekend and decided to eat here Saturday night. Most of the group had ate there before, but it was my first time.

Our waitress, Dee, was incredible. It was as if she was a mind reader, she was always at our table when we needed her and was receptive to our wants. We were a large group of about 12-16 people but no one ever had a empty glass or went too long being hungry.

I had a 16 oz ice cold mug of Vanilla Shotgun Wedding beer to start off (we had ridden 108 miles on a bicycle that day). Maybe not everyones cup of tea but I absolutely loved it. If you like a smooth, slightly sweet dark beer, I would highly suggest you try "Shotgun". I ordered the Tavern Fish sandwich which was advertised as being 1/2 pound on the menu and It came to the table tipping the scales over that. It was accompanied by some very fresh home made chips. I washed this down with a 12oz "Shotgun".

This was one of the most enjoyable dining experiences I have had in awhile. If you're looking for fancy food and a swank dining room, don't bother. But if you are looking for great food, awesome beer (they have over 20 on draught I think), and incredible service, Galvin's is for you. Prices are very reasonable too.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Don't pass this little place up. It is located right in town and is easy to park and enjoy. What a great draft beer selection, the best I have seen in a long time and in a small town bar and grill. Great work pulling all these unique selections together. The food was good and the service was quick and polite. Prices were reasonable and the atmosphere is fun.