“Surprise dinner”

Rodney's on Broadway
Reserve with OpenTable
Rodney's on Broadway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: month. The old house has been renovated and is just lovely for an upscale dinner at a reasonable price point. Entrees are served with a choice of soup, salad or sweet and range from $15 - $20. Appetizers range from $5. - $9. We had the crab cakes to start - the sauce was lovely but the crab cake was on the cold side. The Bourbon Barrel Salmon was outstanding but my lamb special was served less than warm, a overdone for my liking - when speaking with the server, she went back to the kitchen and I was told this was the last of the lamb needed more au jus or some mint sauce to complement. Upon request for mint sauce they brought out the chefs homemade special steak sauce. It was wonderful! It went well with the roasted lamb. The roasted vegetables were delicious albeit just warm.
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

So we got the name of this place from the front desk at our hotel. It's a house but oh the food was excellent! The aged beef filet was perfect. If the wilted spinach salad with the owner's special dressing is available, order it!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

While on a "girlfriend" trip to the races at Keeneland we took my brother here for his 81st birthday. It was wonderful! The lovely house, built by a Civil War General, has been renovated with lovely colors and contemporary art. (Check out the paintings in the restrooms.) My brother, who has lived in Georgetown most of his life, knew quite a bit of the history of the former owners of the house, from the Civil War General to the local bootlegger and bookie. The appetizers and entrees all sounded delicious and it was truly hard to choose. Two of us ordered the filet and it was seasoned and cooked to perfection. My brother's lambchops were some of the best he has ever had. The waiter was quite attentive and knowledgeable regarding the menu items. The host was delightful and meeting Rodney after our dinner was a treat. The wine list and cocktails were great, too. Wish I lived closer to make Rodney's a regular dinner spot!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Georgetown was our pitstop along I-75. Rodney's on the boardwalk is about 10 minutes from the freeway on was highly recommended by hotel staff and tripadvisor. The building is a repurpose 1840 house. Pathetic interior has been refurbish and offered a contemporary atmosphere with beautiful artwork and vibrant color with architectural details from 10' foot ceiling to vintage arch wood trim. If you have a big party, not a problem for this establishment, they have several dining rooms that can be reserve for your special function on either the first or second story. Just as a note, this restaurant does not have en elevator for the second floor.

The entree items range from steak to seafood ranges from $25-$35. They also have a selection for pasta,salad and sandwiches. Do ask for the daily special as the chef do try and mix up the menu. Our evening started with a cocktail of a well stock bourbon bar, calamari for appetizer and their roast duck with reduced port wine sauce and a grouper in panco crust. Both entree are offered with 2 sides which changes daily. The entree was delicious but the plating is kind of blend. The calamari with a light vinaigrette dressing was blend still crunch but not soggy. The marinara sauce that a company the app didn't help spice up the taste.

We enjoy this place. I do recommend asking for a tour and check out the artwork in the other dining room. If you have time, sit down at the bar area for a night cap and you might even meet Rodney and share in some of his passion for food.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

While driving from Louisville, KY to NJ, I took a little detour to Georgetown KY. My hotel recommended, when I asked for the best meal in town, Rodney's on Broadway. They were spot on.

Serving diners in a renovated southern street-side home, Rodney's is the perfect setting for everything from a business dinner to a romantic night out. The interior decor is nicely appointed with local artist painting adorning the walls, but is the food and bar offerings that really shine.

I had a perfectly prepared lamb chops for my appetizer. The sauce was sublime. My entree choice was the 8 oz filet which is billed as "the best filet you have ever tasted", which it wasn't, but it was still excellent. The chef knows food. Local farm to table but with a NYC flare. Service was outstanding and the beer and wine selections were very good.

So when in Georgetown, KY, if you want the best in town, go to Rodney's You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Took my wife here for a surprise "Just Because." We've talked about it quite a few times, but finally went. The meals were well prepared by Chef Rodney. The service was impecable and professional. Our waitress was able to describe in detail the ingredients of the varied dishes and was very attentive without being bothersome.

The restaurant is in a renovated house from the late 1800's. It is comfortable and features local art on the walls.

I highly recommend for couples wishing an upscale meal with a local twist. No pre-fab here. And, no need to drive to Lexington.