“Graet food, interesting ambiance”

Rodney's on Broadway
Reserve with OpenTable
Rodney's on Broadway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: month. The old house has been renovated and is just lovely for an upscale dinner at a reasonable price point. Entrees are served with a choice of soup, salad or sweet and range from $15 - $20. Appetizers range from $5. - $9. We had the crab cakes to start - the sauce was lovely but the crab cake was on the cold side. The Bourbon Barrel Salmon was outstanding but my lamb special was served less than warm, a overdone for my liking - when speaking with the server, she went back to the kitchen and I was told this was the last of the lamb needed more au jus or some mint sauce to complement. Upon request for mint sauce they brought out the chefs homemade special steak sauce. It was wonderful! It went well with the roasted lamb. The roasted vegetables were delicious albeit just warm.
Reviewed September 12, 2011

One of our favorites when we want a good meal, Reasonable prices that include a salad and vegetable. I wish the chef Rodney would bottle his dipping sauce, served before the main course with delicious hot bread. I could eat it with a spoon, not just oil and balsamic, packed with herbs , cheese ,etc. So good.

Fun bar too.

2  Thank goodneighbor7
There are newer reviews for Rodney's on Broadway

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We have had several wonderful meals here. I would highly recomend.

1  Thank Terrispal1
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Just had my first visit to Circa 1840 and can't wait to go back with my husband. The food was well prepared and beautifully presented. The service was top-notch and the warm atmosphere perfect. The owners and the staff do an outstanding job of making you feel welcome and taken care off. A great value in a charming town.

1  Thank Kelly1390
Reviewed July 19, 2010

My husband and I ate at this restaurant with 2 other couples, and enjoyed it. The wonderful old house has so much character, and is well kept with dark chocolate walls and subdued lighting. The cabernet sauvignon we had was very nice, as were the bread with olive oil for dipping, appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The caprese and caesar salads were different from most other restaurants, and very tasty. A sweet potato slaw was one of the sides - it was very different, and very spicey! The diners at our table ordered steak, fish, and chicken, and all were delicious. Chef Rod Jones does a very nice job in Georgetown.

2  Thank KyBoop
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My husband and I ate here recently to celebrate my birthday. It was our first visit. The restaurant is located inside a nice old building with wide plank hardwood flooring and high ceilings, decorative wood accents in the stairway and unique stain-glass accent windows. It has a patio dining area outside in the backyard.

Ambience:
We were seated in a room that had five tables. Not too much space between the tables but enough space that if you talk low, you can feel that you have some privacy. There were two small candles on each table. Tables were covered with white tablecloths. Overheard lights were turned down later in the evening. We (as well as most other patrons) were dressed nice: ladies in summer dresses and men in long pants and collared shirts. However, we also saw people come in wearing shorts, jean capris and casual dresses (like the kind you would wear over a bathing suit). So I guess it would be safe to say that there is no particular dress code here.

Food:
For starters, the restaurant's menu can be found here: http://www.circa1840.com/web/dinner.pdf
They started out by bringing out a basket of bread with a side of herbed oil and cheese. We ordered calimari as an appetizer. The wine list was not extensive but did have several choices among whites and reds, both by the bottle and the glass. We ordered a bottle of Penfolds shiraz ($24). For dinner I ordered the 1840 Pasta ($12) with scallops added (add $12 more for 3 sea scallops) and my husband had the circa burger ($9). The scallops and pasta were cooked perfectly and I really enjoyed the flavors of this dish. My husband ordered his burger well-done, and one side of it was burnt black. He also did not get the cheese that was supposed to come with it. Other than that, he thought it was good. Not awesome, just ok. For dessert, he ordered the homemade chocolate mousse. It was what you would expect out of chocolate mousse. Our bill was around $75 before tip.

Service:
Here is the area I believe was most lacking for the entire visit. I would not let this keep me from returning to the restaurant, but I thought I would include this information in case others came here expecting five star service. When we arrived, the hostess led us to our table and sat the menus down on the table. She did not pull out the chairs for guests. Napkins were not handed to guests. When our wine was served, wine was spilled down the sides of the wine glasses and was not wiped off. Our wine glasses were also not refilled, so we did that on our own. When our main course was brought to the table, the waitress waited for us to move our appetizer plates out of the way before she sat our food down. Again, these are not deal breakers for me, but I have encountered much better service elsewhere.

Despite the service issues, I would return to this restaurant and/or recommend it to others. Give it a try and see what you think!

1  Thank mdmcqueen