Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was fine and the rooms were as expected of a HI Express but the management is inflexible and I would expect to be treated a little more fairly given the fact I am a platinum IHG member and have been for years. I will be moving 300 plus nights of business to a competitors property in Georgetown. If I find out that any of our 70,000+ employees are staying at rainmaker hospitality managed properties this will stop.
A very unfortunate situation for a loyal customer.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank rainmakerno
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

I want to personally apologize if our communications had, in any way, came across as unappreciative. I greatly appreciate each and every one of our guests, regardless of whether you stay one night or 100 nights per year, as each person is incredibly important to the success of our business.

When booking reservation through online third party websites, I unfortunately have no control over the cancellation policies that such a company maintains. Although we allow up until 6 p.m. on the day of arrival to cancel if you book directly through us, many online booking sites have their own requirements that may be 24 hours in advance. As much as we attempt to assist guests who cancel a reservation made through a third party website, we have no control over the charges on your card as we were not the ones that charged the card and do not actually have your card information. In these instances, I can attempt to contact the company on your behalf, but even if we cancel your reservation, they may still charge your card for cancelling late according to their policies. I understand how frustrating this must be for you and I am heart broken that there wasn't anything I could do to help you in this horrible situation.

Being a business that is entirely about people, I strive to make sure that we treat every individual as the most important person in the world, and I am so very sorry that I fell short of that goal in this instance. If there is anything further I can do to assist you in this matter, please do not hesitate to let me know.

General Manager and Friend

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Staff is outstanding. rooms are very clean and well appointed. Standard IHG breakfast fare. great location off the beaten path and quiet. We got a room on the backside where there is no parking and no lights! Parking can be a challenge as the lot seems to be smaller than normal especially when vehicles with trailers park.
Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: stay on the back side with no parking.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to leave review from your prior stay at our home! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and am so thankful you chose your Holiday Inn Express as the hotel of your choice while in the Georgetown, KY area!

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area! Thanks again for being so super awesome!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown on April 1-2 during our spring break. Such a beautiful hotel! I'm extremely picky about hotels because they have to be CLEAN and this hotel more than exceeded my expectations! The staff was so friendly. The pool was nice and we really enjoyed our stay. It was the perfect location for us to visit the Kentucky Horse Park the next day, only 10 minutes away! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Wow! I am so excited to hear that you had a wonderful stay! It is true, we are very close to the Kentucky Horse Park and our housekeepers do a wonderful job everyday making sure that your rooms are as perfect as they were on the day we opened the doors five years ago!

We look forward to having you stop back in and giving us a visit next time you are in the area!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Loved our stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was really nice with a comfy bed. Glad we stayed and if in that area again, we would definitely stay again. The breakfast selection was excellent. You can't beat the breakfast that they offer. They have everything from yogurt to gravy and biscuits.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

In the words of Sheldon Cooper from "The Big Bang Theory"...BAZINGA!! That was a great review! I am so pleased to hear that our staff was able to make your stay so enjoyable. We are always working as hard as we can to make everybody's stay as perfect as humanly possible.

If you think our breakfast was great, wait until the beginning of May 2014! Holiday Inn Express is updating it's breakfast and will be ADDING many more options, including gluten free and whole wheat options...and don't forget topping for oatmeal and so much more! I am positive you will be completely excited to see these wonderful new changes.

Thanks again for your wonderful review. We look forward to meeting you again soon!

Georgetown KY

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I stopped here after driving for 14 hours after a great holiday in Florida. We consider the drive as part of the holiday and love to stay at nice hotels. This was perfect. Gene was a terrific host and left no detail untouched. Our room was great and the bed was better. Everything was clean and quiet. Breakfast was lovely and most important.... the coffee was good. There are plenty of eating establishments and gas stations nearby. We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

It is with great ferver and enthusiasm that I thank you for telling us about your wonderful stay at our Hotel. I am sure Gene will be enthused that he was mentioned by name in your review as he is a wonderful team member who dedicates himself to leaving no detail untouched when it comes to our guest's experience at our hotel.

I am glad that you had a wonderful time in Florida; it sounds like a perfect place to be this time of year! We look forward to seeing you again during your next holiday trip!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was my sleep stop on the way home from a road trip.
The hotel lobby is absolutely stunning from the furniture to the decor above the door.
Cynda was at the front desk (she guided me to the hotel on the phone after my directions took me off the wrong freeway exit) and checked me in and then came to my room twice to assist me rather then "tell" me,when I was panicking because I could not get the TV to work for the 2nd half of the Big Ten Championship Game I had been listening to in the car. She did not act like it was a bother at all (though I am sure it was!)
I was traveling with my dog and the staff and other guests were very friendly to him.
The only thing preventing a 5 star rating is that my window looked out over a construction yard of some kind which was not too appealing.
My room was nice and clean, quiet and decorated beautifully. I slept like a rock and was well rested for the morning leg home.after a quick hot breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for your great feedback; I am sure Cynda will be ecstatic that she was specifically mentioned in a review for a job well done.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know that some of our rooms do not have the best views from the windows, but please do not hesitate to let us know on your future visits that you would prefer a better view and we will be sure to notate your account for every future stay you have so we can make your visits even better than the last!

Again, thank you for visiting with us and remember that you are at the HEART of EVERYTHING we do!

Warm Regards and Fresh Hot Pancakes!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I travel a fair amount and almost always stay at a Holiday Inn Express. This one ranks up there with the best of them. Rooms were adequately sized with DIRECTV HD. Location is convienent with plenty of eating options nearby. It's close to Lexington but far enough away that it's not a crowded area. Breakfast area was nice, roomy, and modern. Seems like the hotel has been updated fairly recently.

Only minor hiccup was that they initially gave us the wrong room type (one king, we needed two doubles). Was quickly fixed with many apologies. Certainly not a major thing.

Overall highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

It melts our hearts to read such wonderful reviews from our guests. We strongly believe that by putting the Guest First in EVERYTHING that we do, we can show the world what hospitality is made of and what it can really mean to be fully satisfied with a business.

Thank you for visiting us and please do come back to say hello again soon!