“Great place to stay near Lexington KY!”

Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed December 5, 2013

After attending Colts vs Titans football game, my son and I stopped here to rest halfway back home. We were tired and ready for bed!the check-in was fast, even gave us a snack bag with chips and bottled water. The room was clean, the shower was hot and the beds were very comfortable, more so than some luxury hotels I've stayed in. Walmart and gas just right next door. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Paula H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your review!! We are so happy to hear that you had a good stay with us! We are excited to see you again!! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review! Have a safe and happy holiday season!!!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Was attending a business meeting in Georgetown and the gathering was at the Holiday Inn Express. As soon as I entered the property the front desk agent greeted me with a delightful smile and a warm hello. Service was good, room was very nice and the service staff in the eating area were very helpful. The meeting room was attractive and the hotel location is excellent (lot of food establishments in the area and the downtown area is just a five minute drive.

The property has a nice fitness center and pool area.

Room Tip: I always select a room on the top floor just to have no noise over me..:0)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Paula H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hello DrMarc9491!!!!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on our property!!!!

Our staff works hard to make sure that each and every guest has an enjoyable stay.

We would like to wish you and your family a happy and safe holiday season!!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We planned a last minute visit to Lexington to go to Keeneland. All of the usual places we stay in Lexington were sold out or super expensive so we looked at Georgetown. This Holiday Inn seemed like the best choice since we needed two queen size beds.
When we checked in it was raining very badly and there was a line at check in. There was only one male associate there and it was quite backed up. When I checked in he announced my room number by calling housekeeping and asking "is room ### ready"? WIth others in the lobby I wasn't sure that was the best move.
Our room was at the very end of a long hallway. The room was super clean and had 2 very large and comfortable clean beds. We never heard a toilet flush, a door slam or any other noise. Maybe because we were at the end of hall?
Speaking of the toilets, my only complaint about the room itself was our toilet. It ran on it's own off and on throughout the night. It also always needed at least 2 flushes to get everything taken care of. Weird.
When we went down for breakfast we noted an enormous breakfast area. Way bigger than most hotels of this size. We anticipated a large offering of breakfast items to match the room size. What we experienced was underwhelming. A couple of bagels, one dried out muffin,a couple of pieces of bread for toasting, 6 hot cinnamon rolls and prefab eggs and rubbery sausage. There was no fruit except for 3 over ripe bananas. There was not even a fresh waffle maker. The counter where there could have been a nice selection of food was very bare. On our second morning we were at the tail end of a large group of teenage boys who wiped out the meager offerings. The breakfast host did whip up some bacon... the rest of the dried sausage from the day before was gone, but that was gone in mere minutes when the boys caught a whiff. I did get the remaining muffin(seems like they always just had one out and then replaced the one muffin) but it was dried out and incredibly stale. Any an underwhelming breakfast compared to their peers.
When we came back to our room on the second day our room keys no longer worked. When the overworked male initially checked us in he must have only initiated the key for one night not two. So when the key did not work I had to walk back down that very long hallway, wait for the elevator and then get it fixed and then walk back up and hope it worked.
OK so maybe I am making this sound worse than it was? Other than the toilet the room was very nice, comfortable and quiet. If you want a nice breakfast you may want to go to Cracker Barrel across the street.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Paula H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We apologize that your stay with us was anything less than 100% satisfactory. When we have groups in house we try and place other guests as far away from them as possible. Due to the fact that we were at 100% occupancy some guests end up closer to the group. We try to be proactive and prevent guests from hearing the groups by letting the coaches know that any complaints will be directed to them. Although it is inevitable that some noise will be heard. Also when we have groups in house, especially teenagers, we make sure that more food is prepared the night before. This helps to prevent any delay of our breakfast buffet not being fully stocked. Again, we are very sorry that your stay was not what you expected. Please consider us for future stays in the area, so that we can grow to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Overall my 3 day stay was pleasant and I would probably stay here again. We were not able to check in early but the staff was very friendly and made sure we had a room as the hotel was completely booked on the Friday I checked in. I had a room on the second floor. There is no road noise as the hotel is tucked away from the main traffic areas. However, I did hear the people in the room above clomping around. Fortunately they went to bed early and did not really bother me but I would try to get a room on the top floor if I stay here again.

The free breakfast is from 6 am to 10 am and overall I would say the choices are very limited. I came down late one morning and there were no muffins, bagels, bananas or fruit of any kind. I opted for the toast and yogurt and even those were in short supply. I have had much better at other chain hotels and would give it 2 stars out of 5.

Overall the room was quite clean and the bathroom was spotless. The beds were good but not great. Each bed had 4 pillows so no problem there.

There is no restaurant on the premises. There is a pretty decent Chinese buffet just across the street just a few minutes by foot called the Royal Asian Buffet. Ordinarily I would avoid such a restaurant but I read the reviews which were quite positive and the place was very good and very inexpensive even if you don't want the buffet. On another night I opted for the Chick fil A which was quite good.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor room. They have elevators so the extra floors are not an issue.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Paula H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your review!! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review!! We would like to apologize for the breakfast inconvenience. We strive to have as many of the choices that IHG will approve for our guests for breakfast. We hope that in the future you will let us make your stay 100% satisfactory. Let us know the next time you are in town and we will make sure that we have you a room on the fourth floor!! Thank you again!!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed one night with my wife, son, and 5 of my son's friends. We had two rooms, and he hotel staff was very gracious and accommodating by allowing the teenage boys to stay in one room. Very courteous staff! The most impressive aspect of the stay is that the rooms were EXTREMELY clean. This is not a 5 star resort, but the rooms are every bit as clean as the best resorts in America. I've stayed in all kinds of hotels. While this one is not the most elaborate, it ranks right up there for cleanliness and friendliness. What more could you want for the price? Nice breakfast, too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Paula H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!!! We were so glad to have your boys!!! It is great to hear about your experience at our property. Thank you again!!!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was the designated hotel for a work training, and I confess I wasn't looking forward to staying at a Holiday Inn Express, because they seem to be in busy traffic areas and not very scenic. What a pleasant surprise this place was! It was very quiet, the staff exceedingly accommodating, the training facility very good, and the FIRST hotel advertising the "Save the Planet" (goes by several eco-friendly names) towel re-use program that really pays attention to this! I dutifully hang up my towels and plan to re-use them at other hotels, but they still always replace them. A BIG CHEER for the housekeeping staff and management at this hotel - you deserve a "Save the Planet" Gold Star!! Rooms were quiet and comfortable. My only wish would be for some whole grains and fresh veggies at breakfast.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room on the back side was very quiet - I live in the woods, and have a low tolerance for n...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!! It is great to hear that our housekeeping is doing great at the "Save the Planet" as this is something that we just started a few months back!! We are excited that it is all working!! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know!! Thank you again!! Hope to see you again if you are in the area!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the night of September 29, 2013 and have nothing but great things to say about it. The young man who checked us in was so efficient and friendly, the hotel itself is beautifully kept - extremely clean, and we couldn't have asked for a more positive experience! It was not easy to see after we got off the interstate and had to look for it, but the morning desk person said that there will be a much higher sign in the near future. Make your next reservation here if you are in the Lexington, KY area. You won't be sorry!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank irishmardi
Paula H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay!! We hope to see you again soon!