“Beautiful, but staff lacking.”

Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel was beautiful. We arrived around 9:00 pm after traveling all day with a broken leg. We asked the front desk about restaurants and he had no suggestions. We asked about delivery, i.e. pizza etc, he just indicated that we may call a papa johns, but had no info or menus. In the room there also was no info about restaurants in the area. Our room was beautiful, once we finally got in it. They moved us several times, I had reserved an accessible room, but when we got to the room, the key would not work, so we went downstairs and he moved us to another room. That room was not accessible. So again we went downstairs and he switched us to an accessible room. The gentlemen at the front desk, did not seem to know his hotel or area. So go prepared and you will love it.

Room Tip: check out area prior for restaurants
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

I appreciate you for letting us know about some training issues that we can work on. We understand that our guests rely on us for local information and that is why we are creating a training program to make sure all our staff is well informed and knowledgeable about the area so we can provide exceptional service with every stay.

I hope you come back to visit us again so we can show you what we're truly made of!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel is very nice and clean. Both of the people we met at the desk were very personable and friendly. The room was modern and clean. There is a bar and restaurant in the hotel. I used my corporate rate, so the price was fabulous.

There is a pool, and it looked good, but seemed to be closed. There is not a hottub though.

I was surprised to find that there was no free breakfast, so we paid 5 dollars each to eat in the restaurant. Not a bad deal, but I am used to free breakfast at this level of hotel.

I don't know if it is a Holiday Inn thing, because this is not the first time this has happened, but there was no luggage rack. I really miss it when there is not a luggage rack.

In all, there are minor quibbles I could make, but if you are looking for a place to stay travelling along I75, this is a fine choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Being close to the interstate is a wonderful thing in our industry. I am so glad that you found our location convenient for your travels. It will be a great pleasure of ours to provide your future lodging needs!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were traveling through on Nov. 4,12. Since we weren't sure of our schedule we hadn't made any advance reservations. Picked this Inn based on reviews and our Priority Club membership. Check in was efficient and friendly. We wanted a King and the only one left was for handicapped. Due to the late hour and the small likelyhood that the room would be needed for its intended purpose it was agreed we would take it. It was huge. It was also very clean and had one of the most comfortable beds of any hotel. We were next to the elevator and were concerned that we might have noise issues. Not to worry. We didn't hear a thing. Great nights sleep. Good value. Will stay here again if the timing is right.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us! Many hotels do have issues with noise near elevators; however, the layout of our facility eliminates that usual noise. (Even our vending machines are behind closed doors 24 hours a day so the sound is not heard by any guest during the night!)

I hope you stop back in to say hello if you are ever passing through the area.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel was very clean, friendly staff and comfortable beds - all I look for in a hotel. I would definitely stay here again. The hotel was near several restaurants - fast food and sit down full service restaurants. We also even checked out the nearby Kohls and a few other stores. This hotel also has a restaurant which we did not utilize, however, the kids did use the indoor pool and enjoyed that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review! It was a great pleasure having you visit us. If ever you shall need anything, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Ive been staying at this Holiday Inn for quite some time now. I visit Georgetown every other weekend to see my daughter and this is where I always stay. First off, it is very clean and I really like the location. I also like having a microwave and fridge in the room. Since my daughter takes a bottle, the microwave is very convenient. I have never eaten in the on-site restaurant but judging from the menu it seems a little overpriced to me and considering I never know what my room rate will be I always explore cheaper dining options (several restaurants and a WalMart are super close). This leads me to my next point, the room rates. My past stay was 91 plus tax for one night. Two weeks before that I was quoted 119.99 +tax and had to stay somewhere else. Two weeks before that was 79 +tax and then two weeks before that was back to 90 something a night. If breakfast was included every time I probably wouldnt complain, but I was told it costs extra on top of the ever-flucuating room rates. Also it should be known that your credit card is charged an extra 20 bucks when ran which is usually released back to you a few days after checkout. These are all just minor concerns because I really like this Holiday Inn! The staff is friendly, place is.clean, and I always feel safe having my daughter here. If they can decide on a steady reasonable room rate Ill stay here everytime. The last thing I.wanted to mention, and its not a huge deal, but I have had a few problems with the wired internet in the rooms. Each room has two different wall jacks for wired internet with an included ethernet cable. Sometimes one jack but not the other works so I have to unplug and try the other. Then other rooms Ive been in neither worked and I had to switch rooms. When Im paying this much for a room I count on these things working. My laptops wireless is shot so I have to use wired internet. I suggest the hotel have these jacks tested and repaired! Overall though, I do still recommend this Holiday Inn. Just be aware of a few things.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank drewmast3r

I appreciate your review and thank you for staying with us.

I completely understand how the rate changes can become troublesome for our regular visitors like yourself. Depending on the type of room you have reserved and what events are going on in the area, the rates can fluctuate by day and by week.

I hope that this does not keep you from coming back and visiting us in the future. We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and the Holiday Inn Brand family.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were in town for an equestrian vaulting event at the Kentucky Horse Park. The hotel was great. Easy to get to and from the horse park. Lots of restaurants nearby. The beds are super comfortable and the staff is friendly.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are a bit smaller, but have big windows.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KimDushinski

Thank you for your wonderful FIVE STAR REVIEW! Sometimes I wish there was a way we could rate our guests because I would make sure everyone knew how great you are!

Stay You!

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here before and it is excellent. They keep it very clean and allow pets, which is very convenient our little dogs. We will stay again in the future. We were here at a show at the Horse Park

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank boyleranch

Our guests are what makes our hotel so wonderful. Thank you for being a great visitor and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs!