“Don't stay here.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Perryton, Texas, United States
“Don't stay here.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I reserved a handicap accessible room online four days ahead of my arrival. My reservation was guaranteed with a receipt. When I arrived the fellow behind the desk had given my room away. He assured me that he could give me another room on the first floor that would be fine because it had hand rails near the tub. When I got to the room, no hand rails. I called the desk, he came to make sure. Guess he didn't believe me. He said he could give me another room in the morning and they'd move me. Ok, so next morning I have to move myself into a so-called handicap room. Guess what, no hand rails at the tub. These people don't know what is required in an handicap equipped room. The room had a microwave but nowhere to plug it in. The breakfast was available till 9:00 A.M. But the selection was poor. This is my second experience at this motel. Last year, no problems. However I will stay at the Quality Inn across the street next time.

Room Tip: Go across the street to Quality Inn
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Judi H
JimWilliams2013, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Franklin Hwy 31, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. I apologize that your experiences were not up to our usual high standards. Your comments have been shared with the departments and we have coached the team in efforts to avoid this in the future. Our goal is to make sure every guest that stays with us has a great experience, so we value all the feedback we get from our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Elkton, Maryland
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Always greeted with a smile I was welcomed back to my Franklin Kentucky home again this year. When asking for a reservation a week before I asked if the pool would still be open and was told no but would leave it open if I wanted them too. They left it open and I forgot my bathing suit. Luckly a large family arrived and had a blast in the pool.

This is a budget hotel in a budget town! The rooms are average but the family that owns it very pleasant. Had a fridge in my room and plenty of water pressure. The sink drained slow but was fixed before I returned from dinner.As for dinner several places you can walk too. The parking is small so no large vehicles other than a Bobtail tractor. Breakfast in the morning so so maybe slip over to the Barrel?

Room Tip: Stay up stairs to avoid the early morning car starting in front of your room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
JimWilliams2013, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Franklin Hwy 31, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear coopervanning,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad to know that you returned to our hotel several times in the past also. We appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and staff. We don't want our guests to go hungry but we have to follow Super 8 specifications on what items to choose from for the breakfast bar but I do agree with you on the heading to the cracker barrel or maybe walking next door to the waffle house. We will continually to work on improving the hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Ciao
Benton, Arkansas
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was a great place for a one-night stay as I was traveling. The hotel clerk when I checked in informed me of the local eating establishments. The room was very clean and quiet. Breakfast was more than a continental breakfast and tasty! I would highly recommend this hotel! Will stay again!

Room Tip: Very affordable and clean room for a one-night stay!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dearest PJLOng2013,

Thank you for your kind words and your 5 star rating for our hotel. We strive to provide a friendly atmosphere for every guest who enters our hotel to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay away from home. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast, we sure do not want our guest to go hungry on the road. We will see you on your next trip back to Franklin, KY.

Take care,
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We chose this property for an overnight stay from the many favorable reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. The room was comfortable and clean. There was wifi, a mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot in the room. There was a simple breakfast in the lobby as well as a guest computer.

For the price this was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
To MrsBo,

It was our pleasure to accommodate you, I appreciate your time and giving us a positive review on TA and also being a TOP CONTRIBUTOR which helps other businesses attract newer customers. Our staff and I will welcome you back on your next trip.

Goodbye,
Kane, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Although the furniture was older, the room itself was clean and did not smell like smoke. The bathroom had new fixtures. The pool was a welcome site since it was hot and we had been driving all day. The only negative was the limited breakfast choices. There were only 2 fairly ripe bananas for fruit, but I was glad to see yogurt offered. My husband loved the packaged cinnamon rolls. The biggest plus was our contact with TJ. We had to call regarding check-in time both times we stayed, and he was helpful, pleasant and able to make the changes easily. This was a huge relief since we were traveling to/from a funeral and were under enough stress. I felt safe in the area where this motel was located. Great Mexican restaurant nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MayaMia203
MayaMia203,

Thanks for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the breakfast in the morning but we have to follow the Super 8 standards on what to put but as far as the bananas go I wish you would of contacted our staff to put new ones out. We are in the process of getting rid of the older furniture and replacing with contemporary designs. We hope we can get that put in before your next arrival and for our desk clerk T.J., he is a great asset to this hotel, I am glad he assisted to your expectations and will forward the message to him about his service.

Take care,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Franklin
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 2 in Portland

Been to Super 8 Franklin Hwy 31? Share your experiences!