“Not a bad place to stay”

Super 8 Franklin Hwy 31
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kane, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Although the furniture was older, the room itself was clean and did not smell like smoke. The bathroom had new fixtures. The pool was a welcome site since it was hot and we had been driving all day. The only negative was the limited breakfast choices. There were only 2 fairly ripe bananas for fruit, but I was glad to see yogurt offered. My husband loved the packaged cinnamon rolls. The biggest plus was our contact with TJ. We had to call regarding check-in time both times we stayed, and he was helpful, pleasant and able to make the changes easily. This was a huge relief since we were traveling to/from a funeral and were under enough stress. I felt safe in the area where this motel was located. Great Mexican restaurant nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MayaMia203
JimWilliams2013, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Franklin Hwy 31, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
MayaMia203,

Thanks for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the breakfast in the morning but we have to follow the Super 8 standards on what to put but as far as the bananas go I wish you would of contacted our staff to put new ones out. We are in the process of getting rid of the older furniture and replacing with contemporary designs. We hope we can get that put in before your next arrival and for our desk clerk T.J., he is a great asset to this hotel, I am glad he assisted to your expectations and will forward the message to him about his service.

Take care,
Indianapolis
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay at this motel. I particularly enjoyed the pool. I would definitely stay in this motel again if I am in this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Rebecca M
JimWilliams2013, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Franklin Hwy 31, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Rebecca M
Thank you for taking your time for your positive review regarding your stay with us, we appreciate it. I am glad you enjoyed our pool. Our employees and I here at the Super 8 in Franklin, KY look forward to seeing you in the future. Take care.
Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'm not hard to please, and I'm not eager to give bad reviews. But after reading the comments and ranking for this place, I expected better. If you don't mind a toilet that's practically in the bathtub, a little mustiness, people occasionally hanging around outside, a pool in real need of upkeep, then yeah, awesome. If not, continue to another exit. Or pay another $15 somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear TruthIsGold,
Firstly thank you for your review and secondly I am sorry that you did not have a completely pleasant stay during your travels. We realize that several elements in our hotel and the design of our rooms may not quite suit what some of our travellers are expecting but we are currently going through a remodel phase and upgrades to our rooms. The next time you are passing through Franklin, KY I hope you give us a chance to host you. Please call us to reserve you a room for your future travels @ 270-586-5090 so we can give you a 15% discount on your next visit. Thanks again.
GA
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is nothing special, BUT if yo want a clean cheap hotel then this place is for you. This is not a Holiday Inn Express so if your looking for something like that then don't bother. If you don't mind out dated furniture and an old console TV, then this is a good place. What like interaction I had with the staff, they were helpful and polite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crash0473
Dear crash0473,
Thank you for being a top contributor on Tripadvisor. While you take your time to review us it helps us to being a better and improving hotel in the area. I do agree with your comments on needing new and updated standards of the room. Hopefully during your next visit through Franklin we will get done with the upgrades. I am glad our front desk clerk provided great service during your stay. Thank you again for your business and perhaps you give us an opportunity to allow us to welcoming you back.

Take care,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
Quality Inn
#8 of 10 in Franklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Franklin
Baymont Inn & Suites Bowling Green

Been to Super 8 Franklin Hwy 31? Share your experiences!