Knights Inn Franklin East
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I don't often experience a bad hotel or restaurant, but this was one of them. On entering, the receptionist, the owners wife, couldn't find our booking. She needed her spectacles!! The breakfast area was in reception with 3 tables so several people had to stand and eat. We went up to our room and the key card worked temperamentally. The bathroom was the only clean room in the place and the bedroom was very bare with no coffee maker. When I enquired of the owner, he said coffee was only served between 6 and 9a.m!! We slept very badly as people were arriving all through the night with no regard to guests sleeping. A very unhappy stay. Don't go there!

Room Tip: Sorry no pool. No good rooms here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Umesh c, Manager at Knights Inn Franklin East, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Hello this is the manager of Knights Inn of Franklin, KY and I would like to say sorry about your stay, but that desk clerk wasn't the owners wife she was a worker of the hotel. For the noisy part I am sorry you must have been given a room near the front office door so the bell of that must have made it a noisy stay. For the breakfast area part since it is a Knights Inn we are not required to even put breakfast or coffee, but we want to make the customers stay as best as we can so we put breakfast out and coffee and we are trying to put in hot breakfast as well which will include biscuits and gravy and also waffles. For the sleep quality being so low we have put in brand new mattresses in every room and these mattresses are the same mattresses that are put in Hampton Inns all across America we value the quality of sleep of our customers and we value the whole experience the customers have so I am very sorry but from the time you came in to now we have really renovated every room so again I am sorry about your stay and I welcome you to another stay and next time I will give you a room away from the door so your stay isn't noisy it will be quiet. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Please don't plan to stay here. Unfortunately, when you're on the road & tired you don't always think to check reviews before you check in. I had to ask for cleaning supplies to clean the bathroom. Filthy room, overpriced, would NEVER stay there again, or any Knights Inn based on our experience at this one.

Room Tip: Bathroom was filthy. Would never stay here again.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen W

I am very sorry about this, the reason the bathroom must have been like that was because the owner just had hired a new person to clean the room so she must have not cleaned the rooms to our expectation, but now she is fully experienced in cleaning the room and now because of this review I check every room to see if they are cleaned properly. The owner and I really value your feedback and I am very sorry about this please come stay with us again we will show you that everything has changed thank you.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed here using hotel coupon from travel magazine, cost was only $41 including tax. This is an older hotel that has changed hands several times. The simplest furnished hotel did have large TV, refrigerator and microwave in room. The room was clean. The shower had an endless supply of hot water and strong water pressure. The TV had over 80 channels. Owner was pleasant as he checked me in.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrew177

Thank you for giving us a good review we take pride in our rooms please come stay with us again.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I generally don't express opinions but report on what i found on my arrival and during my stay there.....
- very clean looked recently painted
- 7 towels
- microwave & fridge
- a/c that worked
- Outside door handle hanging - need to hold up to use card
- 1 bed + recliner (w/cigarette burn smaller than a dime)
- old furniture - one drawer may have been off the track
- includes soap & shampoo
- newly remodeled room
- beautifully tiled bathroom - clean ceramic - probably recently remodeled
- removable shower nozzle - spray area about the size of a 1/2 dollar
- water pressure low
- new carpeting - soft and clean
- firm mattress - lower one exposed
- thick curtain dark room had a great night sleep

Room Tip: Pick up a coupon in the motel guides available at State rest stops.....if you're staying in that...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FreqTravelER12345
Umesh c, Manager at Knights Inn Franklin East, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review we really appreciate it. I hope you are able to stay with us again!

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Here's a copy of the letter that I've submitted to the corporate offices of Knights Inn:

As soon as we sat our bags down, 3 cockroaches came out to great us. In addition to the welcome party, we found a dead cockroach in the refrigerator. Then, adding insult to injury, the foam toilet seat was cracked in 2 places, exposing the interior foam. This is VERY unsanitary. Needless to say, we didnt stay there. I asked for a refund and was told since I booked the reservation via Orbitz, then the refund would have to come from Orbitz. I called Orbitz twice and Orbitz attempted to get my money refunded. We were told 2 didderent stories. I think someone is giving me the runaround. I expect a refund. I did not stay at the roach motel. I left and stayed at a different hotel down the road. I expect a response within 5 business days, otherwise I will take my photos the welcome party of roaches, the nasty toilet seat, and the photo of the dead roach in the fridge to 1 The BBB 2 The Heath Department and 3 The Office of the Attorney General.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shoo H
Reviewed October 15, 2009

This was a spur of the moment weekend on the cheap. We booked an absurd rate, and you get what you pay for. There were holes in the wall, water stains on the ceiling, and just a scuzzy feeling to the whole place. It was convenient to the highway, but I would have to be very hard up to return.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FearlessFitz
Reviewed September 22, 2008

In a word? HORRIBLE!
First off - at $60.50 (including tax) this is totally overpriced. In fact you couldn't pay me enough to get me to ever stay here again.
This property used to be a 'Super 8' then it was a 'Budget Inn' & now it's a 'Knight's Inn'. All these name changes in a matter of weeks.
The front desk staff (who is also the owner, manager, and maid all in one) was rather inept and unprofessional.
The rooms are absolutely tiny. The breakfast is almost nonexistent. That's probably just as well as I can't imagine anyone wanting to eat anything from here.
The owner's save money by not running the air conditioner in the lobby or hallways at all. The lights are also all low wattage. This has the effect of making this a hot dark property.
The smell of urine permeated the entire floor I was on. It was especially disgusting in my room. I mean it smelled like someone had urinated in the air conditioner's filter. It was just as gross as it could be.
This is one of the worst motels I have had to stay in in quite some time and there is no way I could recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Ozcfied