“Will never stay again”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Gainesville, Georgia
“Will never stay again”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I wanted to post this review to alert travelers to an experience I had with this location. For the record, i did not actually stay here again, but i had intended to do so because of a good previous stay. I called this hotel because i needed to stop and park my tractor trailer for the night. I called ahead to see if there were any smoking rooms. I was quickly informed that there were none available. I remembered that this was a motel style location with doors that opened outside. I told the lady that " it's ok, i"ll just step outside to smoke". She very quickly and rudely stated that "we do not rent any non smoking rooms to you smokers". I was shocked. I am a diamond elite member with Best Western and stay over 100 nights a year in hotels all over the southeast US. If a location doesn't have smoking rooms, I respect the policy and go outside. I find it incredible that a place would refuse business in this economy. I complained to BW Corporate. Be forewarned, everyone.

Room Tip: very, very rude
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cah3295

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at this motel on our way down South. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was certainly adequate and the attendant quickly responded to any requests we had for coffee refills. A good place to stay while traveling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Last night's stay at this property (October 2, 2012) proved to be a restful stop in the midst of a very busy trip. The night clerk was friendly and efficient while checking us in. A good night's rest in an exceptionally clean room and a full hot breakfast fit the bill for this weary couple. I left my iPhone plugged in with charger when we checked out and didn't miss it until we were 160 miles down the road. A telephone call revealed that Housekeeping had taken my phone to the manager. He has already sent it by overnight mail to our next destination in Texas. Now, that's good service!
Janie L

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janie L
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My son and I arrived in the evening and were greated by an extremely nice lady. She explained about breakfast in the morning and how to get to our room. When we got there, it had a HUGE television, refrigerator and microwave. Since we were staying for three days the fridge and microwave came in handy. If you go right on the main road out of the hotel driveway, you'll come to the local Wal-Mart about 2-3 miles away. Great place to stock up on soda, etc. The hotel room was very clean and the sheets looked and smelled clean. Only negative was the toilet rocked a little. The gentleman who checked us out was very nice and wished us a good rest of our trip. Will stay again if in the area. Only 47 miles from Nashville and about 3 miles from Kentucky Downs Race Track.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Huntingdon, Tennessee
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I booked a room on Aug 31 for my daughter's wedding on Sept 15. I told them I needed to the room to be ready by 1:00 so we could have time to freshen up. When I got to my room it had not been cleaned yet and I was told there was not another king non smoking room available. I did go into a queen room but it was so small we did not have room to move around. Finally they sent the crew to clean the king room and we were able to do what we had to do. Having to go thru all this made us late for my daughters photography session and caused everything to be late. I am very disappointed about the entire stay. The staff didn't seem to care how important this was to me. And if this hotel has been renovated, it needs it again. There was wallpaper falling off the wall in our room. I am still waiting for the manager to call me with amends.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed overnight Monday, September 10/11 2012. The person who checked us in was very welcoming. She explained the rooms that were available and put us in a room that was exactly what we wanted. The room was very clean and quiet. The bathroom was very clean. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was great. The selection of items to eat was good. The food service area was very clean. Check out was very pleasant. We will stop there again on our next trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Muncie, IN
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Mature woman traveling alone. Assigned to 2nd floor room. All room doors to outside face outdoors, not interior corridors. No elevator. Nice, small pool. Clean room, TV worked fine. Few choices for dining at this exit: a McDonalds which seemed to have drive thru only open due to remodeling, a Burger King attached to a convenience store that was understaffed, and a steak house. Reasonable distance to downtown Nashville, my destination; most Nashville hotels were already booked up for the Fan Fest the days I traveled is the reason I stayed here. Online reservation system said my credit card would be charged immediately; then desk clerk ran my card and said online info was wrong, the charge was going through only when clerk ran it; thankfully my card was indeed only charged one time.

Room Tip: Adequate for just sleep and go on; not a place to stay as a destination on its own.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 10 in Franklin
Baymont Inn & Suites Bowling Green

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!