“Never again!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Franklin
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Went before the holidays and were CLOSED!! We went there on the Dec 21. The desk clerk said I don't know what I am doing. He was new and said we were closed for the holidays. We next went to the Days Inn which was adjacent to that hotel and also was closed. What is going on with these people! This is very BAD BUSINESS!! Corporate will be notified!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank recognizethis2013

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Very nice & clean hotel. Comfortable bed. Nice Shower. Free breakfast was lacking. We usually stay at hotels at the Franklin exit south of this, mainly because we like to be near places to eat, no places near this hotel to eat.

Room Tip: No good places to eat near by.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My room was great, bed is comfortable and the staff is nice. Large vehicle parking available. My only 2 complaints are... The WIFI didn't work well and the breakfast was terrible. No eggs or waffles or anything hot. Just some stale bread, cereal and sweet junk food. Coffee was ok as was the OJ. Still worth staying at for a comfortable nights rest.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I usually stay in a different place in Franklin but decided to give this place a try. I am not sorry I did and will stay here in future trips to Franklin. This is a newer property. The rooms are very nice, comfortable and clean. Good work area, bathroom, and a large TV. The heat/ac unit was a bit noisy but no big deal. The bed was very comfortable. The clerk at the front desk was not the frendliest but perhaps she was having a bad day. I did have to call a couple days later and get a copy of my receipt and they were very happy to send me one. I will be staying here from now on when I pass through the area.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed here twice before, and during those stays was very pleased with the hotel. This time however, it was like staying in a totaly different hotel. When I walked into the room, it was so cold, I could almost see my breath. This was late October, and the area was expecting frost that night. The AC unit was set at 54 degrees and on high. I reset it to heat and kept my jacket on a while. When I walked into the bathroom, three of the four lights above the sink were out, and one of the bulbs was missing. I touched one of the unlit bulbs and found it was unscrewed. I found the other unlit bulb unscrewed as well. When I showered later, I went to lift the stopper, and the knob on top of it came off in my hand. I screwed it back in, and the tub drained fine. I began to wonder how the maid cleaned the tub without noticing the stopper not working. How did the maid not notice the AC or the lights in the bathroom? I gave the room a good going over, and did find clean sheets and the trash emptied. I did not use any of the ammenities provided in the room however. In all other Comfort Inns & Suites I have stayed in, there is always an information booklet about the hotel and area, a hotel pen and note paper, this room had none. I mentioned this the next morning and was told that they were still on order. I usually use the pool and exercise rooms while traveling, but once I saw the pool area, I decided against it. There were no clean towells, but a very large pile of dirty ones. This same pile of towells was there when I checked out. The pool area did not appear to have seen a cleaning for a while. I did report the problems to the front desk, and received a some what apology that included excuses for why there were no pool towells. I have the impression that this hotel has either changed hands, or decided that quality service is not important anymore. What I encountereed in my room was very likely the result of the previous occupants playing pranks, however, why didn't the maid fine them. They were so obivious, maybe he/she didn't care. I will not stay here again, nor do I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Check the room out thoroughly before you decide to stay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stopped over here on a trip to AL in Feb 2011, and decided to stop again two weeks later on the way back -- why change a good thing? I picked it based on the positive reviews on trip advisor. The hotel lived up to its reputation, twice. It is relatively new. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. And a very reasonable price. Not sure if this hotel is still in business, since it shows up as "not available" on the choice hotels website and others. If it is, I would plan on staying here again the next time I am passing through.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Traveling from Florida home. Exhausted, pulled up tripadvisor reviews on our phone. Thank you tripadvisor! Used our AAA discount and got a great rate. Place was immaculate, Rooms were large and comfy. The pool was small and crowded on a Saturday night in July so our kids headed to the ping pong table in the game room. What a perfect way to end a long day in the car. Every room has a fridge and microwave. Stay here!

Room Tip: stayed near the game room and pool on first floor. amazingly quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin
#4 of 35 in Bowling Green
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 2 in Portland

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!