Capital Plaza Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bluegrass Inn(Frankfort)
$62
$45
$85
Travelocity
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn(Lawrenceburg)(Great Value!)
$105
BestWestern.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleanbuffalo trace distilleryfree underground parkinglarge hotelolder hotellobby areabusiness meetingkentucky riveryard saleconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againnice staffbourbon trailfountainweddinglexingtonfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I pulled the cover and sheets back to find multiple hairs and s yellow stain. I called the hotel clerk to find no manager on duty. The maintenance guy came up, we checked 5 other rooms to find hairs and stains as well. I was advised the general manager Brian Booth should be in around 9am. I attempted to make contact with Mr. Booth 11 times. I also emailed him. No response. I finally went to the clerk and requested to speak with Mr. Booth, surprisingly he came our to speak with me. I told him my complaints he wasn't apologetic at all. I went back to my room to find it had been made with the soiled sheets with multiple hairs on my bed. I went straight downstairs back to the front lobby and requested to speak to Mr. Booth. He came out of his office and I asked him to come with me to my room. I showed him the hairs and stains. He then took pictures with hus phone of the soiled bed. He gave me a $25.00 gift card to the hotel restaurant. Still he could care less. I asked him would he like laying in a bed of hairs and stains that weren't his. Mr. Booth replied no. So I went to the restaurant at 7:19 ordered a tiramissou and received it 7:5pm totally uncalled for.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank m1309
Reviewed November 9, 2013

By far the worst hotel experience of my life. I was given a room on the 7th floor then told the elevators were temporarily down. Elevators were down the next afternoon as well. Smoke was filling the hallways. Was told they were testing the ductwork for leaks. Obviously there were plenty because there was lots of smoke. Next afternoon there was no water in the entire hotel.
Every day my shower was covered with black residue that was coming out of the vent in the corner of the shower. As I left, I wrote a note. I wrote the note in the dust that was on the tv cabinet.
Never again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank tammy k
Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you are visiting Frankfort Kentucky with a dog or dogs you must stay at the Capital Plaza Hotel. Even if you don't have a dog this Hotel is magnificent choice. This review will focus on our experience staying in the lap of old time luxury with our basset hound Daisy Lynn. The Capital Plaza Hotel reserves the entire 6th floor for dog visitors. There is a 25.00 pet fee added to the extremely reasonable room rate that is under 100 dollars. My Mom and I had connecting rooms that overlooked the river. The next time we stay, I am going to request the Capital view. I bet that is pretty at night. Our rooms were beyond clean. The beds were so soft and the sheets crisp and bright white. The pillows were perfect. The AC worked great and the Wifi never missed a beat. The room was newly remodeled with large flat screen TVs. The bathroom was bright, clean and had all the little extra toiletries. The halls were bright and the ice machine was full and quite.

The lobby is really cool and old school. Very majestic with a huge water feature that divides the lounge from the lobby area. There are tables around the fountain on the lounge side. I asked the front desk if dogs were allowed in the lobby and she said, "of course". I then asked if we could order from the lounge kitchen and eat by the fountain with Daisy Lynn and the answer was the same! This was beyond any experience we have ever had staying at a hotel with a hound.

There is new cafe called the Plaza Grill that just opened up for breakfast and lunch. You will need to walk past the Plaza Grill to take your dog to go potty. Turn left and go up the steps to a grassy area that is well lit. There are about 30 steps. Daisy Lynn is pup so she ran right up them. There is also a walking path all around this upper deck which is perfect for an evening or morning walk or jog.

Even if you don't drink Bourbon you should pop over to Buffalo Trace Distillery for a quick visit. They are extremely dog friendly and one of the gals working there said she would watch Daisy Lynn if we wanted to take the tour! This Distillery is on the "Bourbon Trail" and within minutes of this hotel. I am going to do a review on them as well.

The Capital Building is not to be missed. Take your dog on a long and beautiful walk around the veranda and through the grounds. I am going to do a review on this place as well.

The staff of Capital Plaza Hotel did everything to make our stay wonderful. From the check in to the check out and everything in between, the Capital Plaza Hotel is the place to stay in Frankfort with or without a dog!!!

Cat L. Rudert
bassethoundtown.com

Room Tip: The dogs rooms are on the 6th floor. I would suggest the capital side just for the vibe. The river side is awesome as well.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CatChapsEmma
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The service desk ans workers were amazing. The first room I received was supposed to be non-smoking, but reeked of smoke. The front desk was very accomodating and moved me to a different room. The rooms themselves are dated I'm decor and lacking in some ammenities like a minifridge and a microwave which would have been helpful while staying for a week at a conference. However, the rooms were incredibly clean and comfortable. The hotel's restaurant had delicious food but the service was terrible, mostly because there was only one waitress trying to keep up with 10+ customers and being the bartender, so kudos to her. There really needs to be an increase in staff especially when there are multiple conferences being held in the hotel. I did have a good stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here for one night. So my review wont be the best. However the rooms were clean and the beds were doable. The towels in the bathroom were very cheap, but the shower was a amazing. The WIFI was fast and easy to connect to. Yes the hotel is old but it was clean. The best part of the entire trip was Frank from the front desk. Even from the first call Frank was the man. He even offered for me to call him back on my way in and he would talk me into the hotel. I was able to find my way in with his wonderful directions without calling him back. And within a few seconds of pulling up out front there was Frank waiting on me to show me were to park. (Remember I drive a motorcoach) so overall I enjoyed my stay and Frank was an amazing person to meet.

• Stayed: October 2013