Capital Plaza Hotel
Best Western Parkside Inn(Frankfort)(Great Value!)
$102
$67
$55
$59
Priceline
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn(Lawrenceburg)(Great Value!)
$100
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleanbuffalo trace distilleryfree underground parkinglarge hotelolder hotellobby areabusiness meetingkentucky riveryard saleconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againnice staffbourbon trailfountainweddinglexingtonfreeway
Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you are visiting Frankfort Kentucky with a dog or dogs you must stay at the Capital Plaza Hotel. Even if you don't have a dog this Hotel is magnificent choice. This review will focus on our experience staying in the lap of old time luxury with our basset hound Daisy Lynn. The Capital Plaza Hotel reserves the entire 6th floor for dog visitors. There is a 25.00 pet fee added to the extremely reasonable room rate that is under 100 dollars. My Mom and I had connecting rooms that overlooked the river. The next time we stay, I am going to request the Capital view. I bet that is pretty at night. Our rooms were beyond clean. The beds were so soft and the sheets crisp and bright white. The pillows were perfect. The AC worked great and the Wifi never missed a beat. The room was newly remodeled with large flat screen TVs. The bathroom was bright, clean and had all the little extra toiletries. The halls were bright and the ice machine was full and quite.

The lobby is really cool and old school. Very majestic with a huge water feature that divides the lounge from the lobby area. There are tables around the fountain on the lounge side. I asked the front desk if dogs were allowed in the lobby and she said, "of course". I then asked if we could order from the lounge kitchen and eat by the fountain with Daisy Lynn and the answer was the same! This was beyond any experience we have ever had staying at a hotel with a hound.

There is new cafe called the Plaza Grill that just opened up for breakfast and lunch. You will need to walk past the Plaza Grill to take your dog to go potty. Turn left and go up the steps to a grassy area that is well lit. There are about 30 steps. Daisy Lynn is pup so she ran right up them. There is also a walking path all around this upper deck which is perfect for an evening or morning walk or jog.

Even if you don't drink Bourbon you should pop over to Buffalo Trace Distillery for a quick visit. They are extremely dog friendly and one of the gals working there said she would watch Daisy Lynn if we wanted to take the tour! This Distillery is on the "Bourbon Trail" and within minutes of this hotel. I am going to do a review on them as well.

The Capital Building is not to be missed. Take your dog on a long and beautiful walk around the veranda and through the grounds. I am going to do a review on this place as well.

The staff of Capital Plaza Hotel did everything to make our stay wonderful. From the check in to the check out and everything in between, the Capital Plaza Hotel is the place to stay in Frankfort with or without a dog!!!

Cat L. Rudert
bassethoundtown.com

Room Tip: The dogs rooms are on the 6th floor. I would suggest the capital side just for the vibe. The river side is awesome as well.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CatChapsEmma
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The service desk ans workers were amazing. The first room I received was supposed to be non-smoking, but reeked of smoke. The front desk was very accomodating and moved me to a different room. The rooms themselves are dated I'm decor and lacking in some ammenities like a minifridge and a microwave which would have been helpful while staying for a week at a conference. However, the rooms were incredibly clean and comfortable. The hotel's restaurant had delicious food but the service was terrible, mostly because there was only one waitress trying to keep up with 10+ customers and being the bartender, so kudos to her. There really needs to be an increase in staff especially when there are multiple conferences being held in the hotel. I did have a good stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here for one night. So my review wont be the best. However the rooms were clean and the beds were doable. The towels in the bathroom were very cheap, but the shower was a amazing. The WIFI was fast and easy to connect to. Yes the hotel is old but it was clean. The best part of the entire trip was Frank from the front desk. Even from the first call Frank was the man. He even offered for me to call him back on my way in and he would talk me into the hotel. I was able to find my way in with his wonderful directions without calling him back. And within a few seconds of pulling up out front there was Frank waiting on me to show me were to park. (Remember I drive a motorcoach) so overall I enjoyed my stay and Frank was an amazing person to meet.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My partner and I had our wedding catered by the fine folks at Capital Plaza and couldn't have been more pleased with the level of service and quality we received. Marie was an absolute joy to work with -- her attention to detail and easy-going personality made our event effortless (they even found napkins to match our colors). The food was amazing and the price was very reasonable. If you have an event you will not be disappointed with Capital Plaza!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel, in fact the whole convention center area is dated and tired. I'm sure it was awesome in 1989 and I wish I'd visited it in it's glory days.
Pros: mostly clean, conveniently located, nice size rooms, excellent wireless Internet (!), coffee in the room, flat screen TV, pool looked nice, front desk staff were pleasant and helpful, free garage parking.
Cons: tired, worn out decor, pillows are throw pillow size (ridiculous), no fridge, no microwave, massive old TV cabinet dominates the room, micro workout room, can hear every door on the floor open and close.
The on-site restaurant...where do I begin? First, figuring out the hours is a bit of a trick. Want to meet someone for coffee and discuss business in the afternoon? No. Breakfast? Well, sometimes it's a made to order breakfast in the bar area (which took 45 minutes for 2 eggs over easy & bacon) or its a buffet in the Plaza Grill section. There I realized how truly unimportant I am as a customer. I'm confused why it took 4 wait staff to ignore me when 1 could have accomplished it just fine on her own.
Finally--room service. I can't say because no one answered the phone. It was 8:00 in the evening. I figured they must be slammed & really busy. So I went down to the bar-restaurant. There was a table of 4. That's it. I sat near the bar area and was greeted with a foul sewer gas odor emanating from the bar.
The location is excellent if you have business in this part of Frankfort. Looks like there are better choices for everything else.

Room Tip: Lower your expectations.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business