“cold food, pool closed, bad internet connection”

Capital Plaza Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Cincinnati
“cold food, pool closed, bad internet connection”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

when we checked in we were told the pool was closed for the weekend they should have told us that when we made our reservation, also all the food on the breakfast bar was cold you had to heat it in the microwave, and we kept loosing our internet signal, they told us to move around in the room.

Room Tip: find a room with good internet maybe a lower floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Joe M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Before this week it had been about ten years since I had stayed at the Capital Plaza Hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the service, updated condition of the room, and free internet. I would have given 5 stars, but the outlet where I tried to plug in my computer didn't work. (I verified that by plugging in a lamp to the same outlet.). But, overall it was a great experience.

• Stayed October 2011
Bowling Green
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Excellent internet service. Good service at the front desk. Has made improvements since it was the Holiday Inn. Pool wasn't working the night I was there, but sauna and exercise rooms were available. Windows crack a few inches, which I enjoy. The lobby looks good, and the bar area looks lively and inviting. The sofas and chairs near the waterfall feel inviting and offer a wonderful noise in contrast to cell phones or silence. Internet easy to get connected and stay connected. Restaurant is a little pricey, but offers a small discount when you show your room key. Wish the rooms had a fridge or microwave, especially when staying multiple days. Feels clean. Furniture not as outdated as I'd expect from a hotel this age. A pleasant surprise. I'd choose this over my other Frankfort options anytime. Will return on purpose.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We were staying at the hotel with a large group of friends and family for a wedding. it apparently had been a holiday inn in a past life. we were in a king room on a high floor and the room was a good size with an easy chair and sofa so plenty of room to have people in to chat. it was clean and easy to get around. the staff was really helpful and accomodating. the pool was closed for repair which didnt bother me but some of our party were looking forward to spending Sat afternoon at the pool before the wedding.
Only downfall - We went to the dining room on SaturdaySunday for breakfast. they apparently don't get a lot of customers and it is a buffet. the scrambled eggs looked like they had been there awhile. They did bring fresh when I asked for it though. The brunch on Sunday was adequate - good variety but kind of a tired buffet. it was handy though.
I would stay here again but try to find someplace else for breakfast.
also it is good to note that it is very close to Buffalo Trace distillery. a few guests who couldn;t go to the pool made a productive trip there on Saturday afternoon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Rose W
Independence, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

I recently spent a very comfortable week at the Capital Plaza while attending a conference. The hotel is very clean and housekeeping did a wonderful job with my room. The bed was very comfortable. I was able to get a refrigerator for my room and it was no problem. As a female traveler, I always felt safe.

The location allowed me the opportunity to do some walking tours of Frankfort which was good exercise as the pool and gym were closed. I did not use the restaurant as I ate at some local restaurants for lunch and as I was staying a week, I brought my own breakfast items.

Room Tip: Get a walking map and walk to the Capitol.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Sherwood, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed here on a family trip. This is a neat conference center-style hotel with a bar and restaurant downstairs. Very clean and the staff was outstanding. I loved the message to their guests that started with, “Because this hotel is a human institution to serve people, and not solely a money-making organization, we hope that God will grant you peace and rest while you are under our roof.” True Kentucky hospitality!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights over July 4th weekend. Frankfort downtown is a ghost town on weekends, and the hotel restaurant wasn't open much of the time. This was a disappointment, as was the empty pool. The rooms were very clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. Good choice for the money if staying in Frankfort.

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
Hampton Inn Frankfort
BEST WESTERN Lawrenceburg Inn
BEST WESTERN Lawrenceburg Inn
#1 of 1 in Lawrenceburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Georgetown

Been to Capital Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!