“Good Location”

Capital Plaza Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I recently spent a very comfortable week at the Capital Plaza while attending a conference. The hotel is very clean and housekeeping did a wonderful job with my room. The bed was very comfortable. I was able to get a refrigerator for my room and it was no problem. As a female traveler, I always felt safe.

The location allowed me the opportunity to do some walking tours of Frankfort which was good exercise as the pool and gym were closed. I did not use the restaurant as I ate at some local restaurants for lunch and as I was staying a week, I brought my own breakfast items.

Room Tip: Get a walking map and walk to the Capitol.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed here on a family trip. This is a neat conference center-style hotel with a bar and restaurant downstairs. Very clean and the staff was outstanding. I loved the message to their guests that started with, “Because this hotel is a human institution to serve people, and not solely a money-making organization, we hope that God will grant you peace and rest while you are under our roof.” True Kentucky hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights over July 4th weekend. Frankfort downtown is a ghost town on weekends, and the hotel restaurant wasn't open much of the time. This was a disappointment, as was the empty pool. The rooms were very clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. Good choice for the money if staying in Frankfort.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Was traveling through and I don't like staying in cookie cutter hotels. This place looked like it might be a place I would like, and boy was I right. When I walked in the entrance, a cascading waterfall greeted me right in the lobby. What a unique and welcoming feature. At check in, the friendly front desk clerk asked me if I'd prefer a river or capitol view. I'm a sucker for water, so I chose the river. Driving in, I didn't even realize there was a river that flowed through town. I had an excellent view from the 8th floor. Decided to try out the hotel restaurant for dinner and I'm happy I did. I had a great ribeye with a Maker's Mark bourbon glaze. I thought that was very appropriate for this area of the country! Our server was very polite and responsive. I was sad that I was only in town for one night. If I'm ever in Frankfort again for a night, I will definitely be back to have another great steak!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank travelh0g
Reviewed May 24, 2011

This is no longer a Holiday Inn. No worries. The hotel has been remodelled. Room was big with a great view of Fountain Plaza. Walk to great restaurants like the wine bar and Kentucky Coffeetree Cafe on Broadway. Use the Y for 8 bucks next door. Free underground parking. Much better than the chain hotels near the freeway. Frankfort is the next Lexington. Take a walk along the river and in the historic neighborhood. Don't miss Liberty House. And enjoy the Capital Plaza Hotel--the only hotel downtown.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed October 22, 2010

It has great service and a wonderful staff! Its also pet friendly! The pool is clean and there are many attractions near by so you won't get bored!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Stayed at this property during a business trip. Had a bad start to trip when given a smoking room when reserved a non-smoking room. The smoking floor was dreadful. Luckily, the staff moved me to a non-smoking room after first day.

Rooms are very average. Property is no longer affliated with Holiday Inn. Proerty is getting older and worn. This place needs an update.

Positives--food at restaurant was good and reasonably priced. Service from staff was good. Location is across Plaza from Civic Center.

Dont get your expectations too high for this place. It is very average.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business