“Great hotel and staff”
Review of Days Inn Frankfort

Days Inn Frankfort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Comfortable beds. Friendly and courteous staff. A great place to stay for a reasonable rate. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
kyregional, General Manager at Days Inn Frankfort, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to send the response Our goal is to be friendly and courteous. And try to keep our rates reasonable. Marjorie Chism GM

Reviewed June 3, 2010

I have to go to Frankfort a few times a year for business. Since my employer pays for my stay I could stay anywhere in town, such as the Hampton, Holiday Inn Express, Capital Plaza or elsewhere, but I always choose the Days Inn for several reasons. I earn Wyndham Rewards points, the room is cheaper compared to the other places and even moreso when I use my AAA card thus saving my employer money, and I like this facility. The staff has always been very friendly and accommodating. The building is older, there's no question about that, but it's clean and comfortable. I like being able to park right outside my door and this motel gets a lot of business from working folks like tree-cutting companies, etc. There are plenty of channels on the TV including both Lexington and Louisville broadcast stations, the wireless internet works great, and i don't really worry about the breakfast since I usually need to be downtown early in the mornings and don't have time to eat. I do wish the water pressure in the shower was a little higher but there's always plenty of hot water. Some of the rooms have newer heating/cooling units. The rooms don't have refrigerators but if you can park outside your room and are staying on the first floor, a cooler filled with soft drinks and ice from the their ice machiine works just as well. Unless I feel the need to pamper myself at employer expense, I see no need to stay anywhere else in Frankfort when I have to go to the capital city on business.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for using the Days Inn Frankfort, we are older than the other hotels in town. But we do pride our staff with both being freindly and keeping the motel as clean as possible.
Marjorie Chism GM

Reviewed December 30, 2009

Very affordable and comfortable (with weekday AAA discount ~$45 before tax). Check-in was easy and the staff was very helpful. They also offered a free map of Frankfort.

This motel offers:
free continental breakfast
free wi-fi
comfortable bedding
basic cable TV
close proximity to many restaurants
outdoor pool

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
kyregional, Owner at Days Inn Frankfort, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Thank you for the response. Hope you use us again in the future. MArjorie Chism GM

Reviewed November 13, 2009

This hotel is not one I would want to go back to. The room smelled, cigarette smoke came in through the vent although it was marked as a non-smoking room, the carpet was musty, yes, I didn't enjoy it. Plus the night clerk was in an awful mood I guess. Everything was an annoyance to him. The day clerks were very nice. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn Frankfort last week--the second time since March. I have to be in Frankfort for family business from time to time and I am not the one in charge of finding a place to stay. The location is fairly depressed and depressing, but very close to the capitol if that is what you are in Frankfort for. The motel is just okay. It seems to be clean enough, but I would never walk barefoot in a motel room anyway! The wireless internet worked fine--a little slow, but it acceptable. Nice shower, no problem with hot water. Maid service was fine. The room comes with a free breakfast, but hardly worth it. It would take very little effort to actually make it very good. Instead, it is fair. How hard is breakfast? Also, the dining area needs to be brought into the 21st century. There is one really grumpy woman (employee) who starts the vacuum at 9 am on the dot in case you might still be lingering drinking your coffee. She lets you know it's time to move on. I was glad to do it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I found the facility clean, the staff professional. The surrounding area (a mostly abandoned shopping center) is on the way down but not there yet. It was a good value and what you would expect in a Days Inn. Not fancy but serviceable and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stayed here on a business trip in January of this year. I had stayed here in the past and had said I would never stay again but was told the hotel had been improved and was under new management. It was also the only room available in the immediate area so my choices were pretty limited.
Service at check-in wasn't bad, short and efficient. Upon entering the room I realized it had not been improved much. The heater/ air conditioning unit was actually a window unit stuck in the space below the window which meant I had to lay on the floor to get to the controls. The room seemed clean enough, but not updated since the last time I was there. I was apprehensive to walk on the carpet barefoot but the bed was clean and comfortable. The wireless internet didn't work at all and when I called the desk to inquire they apologized but said there was nothing they could do. I watched the very small television for a while and then went to sleep.
The next morning I awoke to find there wasn't any hot water to shower or shave with. I packed my things and left glad to be headed home.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
Bluegrass Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn
#1 of 1 in Lawrenceburg

Been to Days Inn Frankfort? Share your experiences!