“Avoid it if you can”
Review of Days Inn Frankfort

Days Inn Frankfort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Reviewed November 13, 2009

This hotel is not one I would want to go back to. The room smelled, cigarette smoke came in through the vent although it was marked as a non-smoking room, the carpet was musty, yes, I didn't enjoy it. Plus the night clerk was in an awful mood I guess. Everything was an annoyance to him. The day clerks were very nice. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Frankfort

Reviewed May 19, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn Frankfort last week--the second time since March. I have to be in Frankfort for family business from time to time and I am not the one in charge of finding a place to stay. The location is fairly depressed and depressing, but very close to the capitol if that is what you are in Frankfort for. The motel is just okay. It seems to be clean enough, but I would never walk barefoot in a motel room anyway! The wireless internet worked fine--a little slow, but it acceptable. Nice shower, no problem with hot water. Maid service was fine. The room comes with a free breakfast, but hardly worth it. It would take very little effort to actually make it very good. Instead, it is fair. How hard is breakfast? Also, the dining area needs to be brought into the 21st century. There is one really grumpy woman (employee) who starts the vacuum at 9 am on the dot in case you might still be lingering drinking your coffee. She lets you know it's time to move on. I was glad to do it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I found the facility clean, the staff professional. The surrounding area (a mostly abandoned shopping center) is on the way down but not there yet. It was a good value and what you would expect in a Days Inn. Not fancy but serviceable and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stayed here on a business trip in January of this year. I had stayed here in the past and had said I would never stay again but was told the hotel had been improved and was under new management. It was also the only room available in the immediate area so my choices were pretty limited.
Service at check-in wasn't bad, short and efficient. Upon entering the room I realized it had not been improved much. The heater/ air conditioning unit was actually a window unit stuck in the space below the window which meant I had to lay on the floor to get to the controls. The room seemed clean enough, but not updated since the last time I was there. I was apprehensive to walk on the carpet barefoot but the bed was clean and comfortable. The wireless internet didn't work at all and when I called the desk to inquire they apologized but said there was nothing they could do. I watched the very small television for a while and then went to sleep.
The next morning I awoke to find there wasn't any hot water to shower or shave with. I packed my things and left glad to be headed home.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2008

kudos to the young lady behind the desk, as we waited in line on the 16th of may around 6 oclock i guess ,to check in , the desk clerk was being givin a hard time about the rate,after telling them she could give them 10% off, that rate was not good enough either, they became very rude to her saying she should be embarassed to over charge people. the quote was the same as our rate we made on line, very reasonable in our eyes but not in these peoples after giving the desk clerk a hard time for a few minutes and the desk clerk being as calm as she was, the couple told the young lady to keep her dam room we will go elsewhere, in responce the desk clerk said, well im sorry i couldnt help you , you have a good day we ask her how often she has to deal with people like that, she smiled and said pretty much on a daily basis, but i try to be as polite and nice as possible but,, she said, some people dont understand that i just work here, i follow the rules, i dont make them, we had a wonderful stay and we will stay agine, and to the young lady behind the desk,, keep up the good work, we need more customer service people like you,

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 21, 2008

i have to say first, after reading the reviews for the days inn frankfort i was skeptical but the location was great as it is close to resturants and stores, and most important close to my faimly so i decided to stay there, on my check in the dest clerk was friendly and had a good attitude, my room was clean, and my stay was great, breakfast was also great, i would stay here again and would recomend it to others. as for the reviews, they should be updated, some of the reviews are over 2 years old and really do not apply to the days inn as of 2008, BECAUSE....... the reviews are saying its dirty and run down, unfriendly desk clerks, i find the days inn of frankfort, clean, friendly and a nice place to stay. the amenities are continental breakfast, cable with 65 channels and hbo, the state capitol is less than 2 miles from the hotel and is very nice. thank you

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 18, 2007

Yes, this establishment is old and worn, but it was quiet and reasonably clean. The beds were actually comfortable; so no complaints there. The front desk staff seemed to be inconvenienced by our checking in and out. Not very welcoming or friendly. When I questioned that our discounted room rate (discounted for the event we were attending) was the same daily rate quoted on their web site, all the clerk said was that the web site must be wrong. Did not make any effort to check on it. Will not be staying again.

Stayed: December 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
Bluegrass Inn
#1 of 10 in Frankfort
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frankfort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort
Best Western Shelbyville Lodge

Been to Days Inn Frankfort? Share your experiences!