“Our one and only stay”
Review of Days Inn Frankfort

Days Inn Frankfort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Reviewed December 18, 2007

Yes, this establishment is old and worn, but it was quiet and reasonably clean. The beds were actually comfortable; so no complaints there. The front desk staff seemed to be inconvenienced by our checking in and out. Not very welcoming or friendly. When I questioned that our discounted room rate (discounted for the event we were attending) was the same daily rate quoted on their web site, all the clerk said was that the web site must be wrong. Did not make any effort to check on it. Will not be staying again.

Stayed: December 2007

Reviewed July 6, 2007

The staff was nice, but when we got to the room the first thing that hit me was the bad smell. It smelled like stale urine. My husband didn't seem to mind though, it was very late, we were tired, so I put up with it. We were lucky to get a room on the ground floor that we could park our car in front of. The bed slept like a hammock - sunken in the middle. On the back side of the bathroom door there was old, built-up grime that had apparenlty never been washed off. Overall, the place was very run down, and too use a rather childish adjective - icky.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2007

I just got back from my trip. I am very disappointed in our stay at the Days Inn in Frankfort. When we first arrived we checked in, the lady at the front desk was not very polite at all. She kept telling us there was no outgoing calls and when we asked why she just repeated there was no outgoing calls. We put our luggage up and then called her from the phone and told her we wanted to know why. She then informed us we had to put a ten dollar deposit down to turn the phone on, which was fine if she had told us that when we first asked her about it.

It's a very old building and not really nice to look at. We were on the second floor and outside the floor is slanted and hard to work on. Being half way through my pregnancy I almost fell four times just trying to walk to the staircase.

We checked out today and they said there was a 2.02 charge on a phone call we made. They were not very clear as to how that happened because it says on the phone "Free Local Calls" the only call we made was to Papa Johns which is just down the street. I will never stay there again, I probably will never stay at any of the Days Inn ever again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank HN_22
Reviewed May 3, 2007

I had to go to Frankfort to take a state test. Went to the hotel web site and found coupon for $49.00 almost $50.00 cheaper than Hampton inn . The hotel had cable tv with HBO, the bedding had 4 pillows on each full bed and same kind a bedspread like the Hilton I stay at in Silver Spring Maryland. The hotel wireless internet was easy to get on, not needing a password to get on. Room was clean and comfortable. Also had coffee pot in the room and a continental breakfast at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2007

This is an old hotel, and not in a quaint way -- no effort seems to have been made to keep it up. We asked for a non-smoking room (cost $68) and when we got to the room, the smell of stale smoke was overwhelming. My husband is allergic to smoke, so we asked for our money back and left (the clerk was nice about it). But we didn't even mention the fact that one of the double beds wasn't quite made up --it looked like someone took a nap on it -- and the walkway floor was warped and slanted. The furnishings were decrepit. I'm not that fussy normally, but this was horrible -- and for $21 more, you can stay at the nice Hampton Inn up the street or (since they were full, they recommended their sister property) The Capital Plaza Inn, on the river, which is wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed May 11, 2006

I stayed here until I found an apartment (I moved from VA to KY, stayed in a Lexington, KY, Extended Stay hotel, where I had a bad experience - - so noted in TripAdvisor - - and then stayed at this Days Inn). Every night of my four night stay ($35/night with coupon from a highway rest stop) was miserable. Despite my asking for a quiet, non-smoking room, it reeked of cigarette smoke (I had to exchange the towels and bedding; yes, it was THAT bad!) and the ambient noise was terrible. One night there was a drunk who was banging on the door next to mine and who was taken away by police. Another night saw teenagers partying, with cars coming and going frequently, and, judging by what I saw and heard, prostitution and drug dealing as well. I overheard one of the teens tell his buddy that he would "teach the girl a lesson" by vandalizing her car. Again, this was next door to me. I didn't yell at the kids, because I was afraid they would take revenge on my car, so I called the front desk who obviously couldn't care less. I called the local police number (not 911), but nobody answered the phone! (I won't call 911 unless someone's life is in danger) So, I left the hotel while the kids were vandalizing the car! They never stopped, even though I was less than 10 yards away! Unbelievable! When I drove to the front desk to check-out, the clerk clearly didn't want anything to do with it (if I were in his shoes, I would have at least called 911, but he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Couldn't he tell that something was going on with all the cars coming and going, and the hotel was less than half full???). I was stunned by seeing a $1 a day charge for a safe that I never even knew was in the room, much less used! He took it off the bill, and even took off that night's stay for the inconvenience. The beds are practically toys: lightweight and stiff that move every time you toss and turn! The sheets were not fitted, so they kept popping-off the edges (no mattress pad, either!). The TV and continental breakfast were good, but despite the signs that say "Free wireless internet", you had to connect to the in-room telephone jack to use it! For those without computers, one is available near the front desk, 24/7. When I complained about the criminal activity at the hotel to the hotel's web feedback, all I got was a "sorry about that" letter that said I should try again in the future, with no mention of a free or reduced stay. If you are a heavy sleeper, and don't mind risking your car or just mental well-being, then you won't mind this hotel. However, I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank skaizun
Reviewed May 9, 2004

Overall, dissappointing. Usually Days Inn are a good value however this location has a few problems. Front Desk staff on both check in and check out was slow and bordering on rude, at check out the guy was on a personal call and didn't even acknowledge we were there until I said excuse me and then he still told me to wait and acted like I was imposing on his time. I finally just turned the key in and left, he was still on the phone, ignoring me. The bath towels were stained, small and threadbare and no continential breakfast as advertised, just coffee. This Days Inn location needs help. Prices were very reasonable but even at a value rate these problems should not happen.

3  Thank Beckie K