“great motel, good location”

Best Western Parkside Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Caryville, Tennessee
“great motel, good location”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Rooms are spacious, clean and well lighted. Rooms have two entrances-from interior corridor and from exterior corridor. Rooms have microwave, refrig, hairdryer, coffeemaker. PLENTY of pillows. Location is easy access to interstate, to city center, and to restaurants. Continental breakfast with bagels, waffles, cold cereal, fruit etc. Ver large swimming pool indoor connected to outdoor pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SALLYCAT8166

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Louisville
Reviewed June 9, 2012

After being there on business for a couple of days I thought I would at least have some cold drinks but not in this Hotel! No Refrigerators are in these rooms, I never stayed in a Best Western like this! Of course the Ice Machine was broken too, so you had to go out and buy your Ice! Good thing it was only in the 80's! The bed slept Great but they were really small, like a full bed! The location was Great and the Staff made this stay Good!

Room Tip: If you are a Non Smoker, don't open the interior door!! You will smell smoke the rest of the st...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike E
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed for one night, and there were several families in our group. We had a great experience from the reservations down to the amenities. The price was better than anywhere else, the pool was great for the kids, the onsite laundry was helpful, and the continental breakfast hit the spot. This is an older hotel, but it has been kept updated and clean. The rooms were a good size, and the beds comfortable and clean.

Please note that there is not an elevator (only two floors), so if you have heavy luggage, you'll need some help getting it up the stairs--thanks to some kind Louisville, Ky folks who helped us!!
Also, the customer service was very good. They allowed us to store some cupcakes before check-in so they didn't melt at the ballpark, and adjusted a billing error very promptly. We would definitely stay again and recommend this to anyone looking for a nice, clean, affordable, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kcase300
Sunbury, Ohio
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Had a big group of 9 of us. Another hotel totally messed up our reservations and we lucked out and managed to get 6 rooms for a long weekend at this Best Western. The price was better than the other hotel, the rooms were more than adequate, the staff was terrific, the location was great, and everything you needed was minutes away. We found the rooms to be updated, very clean and comfortable. In fact, I hope to find out where they got their pillows. They were so comfy. As far as some people complaining about the breakfast offered, free of course, for heaven's sake, if you want a full meal, go to a restaurant. The breakfast room was cozy, warm and inviting and there was plenty of food to pick from. I have to admit, I don't offer that much at home. After a long day, the warm cookies greeting us in the lobby were just too good. The staff refilled the plate twice and were extremely pleasant and happy to do so. We make this trip every year; me, personally, for about 20 years. The next trips we make, we will choose this hotel as our home away from home.

Room Tip: We would prefer second floor so the doors would be off a hallway rather than street level, where the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Everyone was nice enough and they do have fresh cookies in the afternoon. However a few days of my stay were "busy" which apparently means you cannot access the Internet - which is utterly frustrating and ridiculous for a hotel this size and when you are traveling and need to access emails and travel details, it's a clear negative.

• Stayed April 2012
BESTWESTERNPARKSIDE, General Manager at Best Western Parkside Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
On behalf of Best Western Parkside Inn, I would like to take this opportunity to say "thank you" for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Frankfort, KY. I do sincerely want to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with our high speed wireless internet. I am aware that 80% of our guests were online at one time this past weekend causing the system to lag in speed. You will be happy to know as well as the fact that we are extremely excited to be welcoming the fiber optic technology to our hotel. Along with this, we have increased our bandwidth to keep up with the current trend. Of course to stay ahead of this growing advancement in technology would be entirely impossible. I understand how important the wireless access is on a day to day basis especially for work purposes. I do hope that you come back and stay again as the upgrades will be complete soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed here with my family last week for a long weekend. The hotel itself is next to the interstate and in a good location for us. It is an older hotel but the rooms seem to be up to date and didnt hear any road noise from our room. The two big things that I was bummed about is the crappy continental breakfast and the room cleanliness. The breakfast area has just one waffle maker and no other hot stuff. Just the usual bagel, small muffin and juice fair. Come guys, step it up a notch. The other hotels are offering better choices. The room was pretty clean but there was one thing that bugged me. The room had a special easy clean remote and holster to put in on the night stand that promoted this new clean remote. The irony was that it was dirty and had coffe stains and crud on it. I thought it was kind of petty to go and complain to the desk but I thought they might see my post on here so they could tell the staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you for bringing your comments and concerns to our attention. I want to apologize for you feeling that this hotel was and is not worthy of being #1 in Frankfort. We strive each and everyday to meet and exceed guest expectations. We not only have to impress you but we must beat the competition as well in order to stay #1. There are times that we do not do just that and even though there are some general managers that won't admit to it, we do occasionally drop the ball. Apparently that seems to have been the case on the "clean remote". It should be a clean remote regardless of the name. We have spent a great deal of time in modifying our breakfast variety and presentation. We are currently working on expanding the "hot items" to not just include the freshly prepared waffles but possibly biscuits and gravy. If all goes well, we should have that up and running soon. Please come back and give us another try as I am sure we will make you feel like you are #1. Don't forget to join us during the evenings for popcorn and those delicious Otis Spunkmeyer cookies.
Kentucky
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This Best Western looks nice on the outside, but sometimes looks can be deceiving. The bottom floor has outside entrance rooms, whereas the top floor has inside entrances. There are no elevators. The outside door that lead upstairs required a room key. However, when I came in late at night, the door was propped open, which provided very little security in my opinion.

I was awaken at 4AM with the sound of my neighbor's shower going. It was so loud, it sounded like the tv was on with static. You can hear conversations quite loudly in other rooms as well.

My room was a smoke free room, but the hallways REEKED with smoke. My allergies were bothered quite a bit. The room lighting was dark, but it did contain a fridge and microwave.

Customer service on check in was excellent and friendly. I did not get a receipt under my door during the night, so I had to wait for the front desk girl to get the printer to work to obtain my receipt.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have difficulty walking stairs you might want to get a first floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank thekentucker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
Hampton Inn Frankfort
#5 of 10 in Frankfort
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn
#1 of 1 in Lawrenceburg

Been to Best Western Parkside Inn? Share your experiences!