“Bourbon candy”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Bourbon candy”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I made my husband take a side trip so that I can replenish my candy stash, as I take them to work to make the day easier to deal with :-) I didn't have time to take the tour, but I would love to do so in the future. Meanwhile during my wait for the shop to open, I was greeted in the driveway by several beautiful feral (?) cats who were friendly. Since I missed my own kitty cats at home, I enjoyed petting them while I waited. The shop opened promptly at 10 am as stated on the door, and I was able to get in and get what I needed and get out.

Visited January 2013

Galesburg, Illinois
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“The Bourbon Balls will wake you up!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Rebecca Ruth's is a cute candy factory offering excellent chocolates and tours. The pecan clusters are very good, and if you like bourbon, the bourbon balls are a must. They are rounded chocolates with a center of bourbon.

Visited February 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Stopped on a whim, glad we did!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

While returning from the Louisville area to our home in Lexington my wife got a sweet tooth so she started looking up places to go when we got back to Lexington. About that same time, we were passing through Frankfort and I saw on one of the attraction signs "Candy Factory Tours" so I said to my wife, what about a candy factory? This is how we generally do things, on the fly! Anyway, we actually went to one of the Rebecca Ruth candy stores first (there are two stores and the factory in the greater Frankfort area) however we were after the factory so a little google searching lead us to the 2nd street location. First impressions of this place is that it's tiny! Especially when you consider that this tiny factory produces many of the bourbon balls sold under different names in all the stores in KY. We went in and browsed around the store portion while waiting for the tour. The tour costs $2 per person. A large group came out of the back and shortly thereafter my wife and I got our own personal tour. Our tourguide was a charming young lady who knew her stuff but seemed to be a bit rushed in her delivery. The tour passes through two rooms of artifacts from the family then the kitchen and the assembly and packaging areas which may measure 1000 square feet combined! Like I said, this place is tiny! We proceeded back out to the store section of the building and were given our free bourbon ball. As a lover of these potent creations I have to say that these are some of the best out there. My wife who really doesn't care for bourbon balls even liked them. We purchased a one pound "boo boo" bag of bourbon balls. These are ones that may have a chipped nut on top or some other minor imperfection which in no way effects their taste. The young lady behind the counter told us we could get a $5 off coupon out of the local paper which was available just down the street at the Pic Pac. So we got a total of $10 off the regular price of bourbon balls by buying the boo boo bag with the coupon. The store also has many other types of chocolates and candies. This is a great little place with tons of history and great chocolate, if you have some time to kill, you should definitely check it out!

Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“best mint juleps & bourbon balls in Kentucky”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I went to try the bourbon balls & came home with a mystery bag (boo-boo's), which I promptly put in the freezer when I got home. My mystery bag was almost nothing but mint juleps which i was initially disappointed with until I tried a frozen one. Then I quickly realized I liked the frozen mint juleps better than bourbon balls hands down. They are way better than frozen Thin Mint GS cookies! So delicious!!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank konagirl10
Chicago, IL
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Always worth a stop”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We didn't go on the tour but stopped at the factory store for bourbon balls booboos. We love them and my daughter even took a few of the non-booboo boxes back to Croatia to share. We always stop by here when we are in this part of the country, even if it isn't right on the way to our destination.

Visited September 2012