“Good Night's Sleep...that's about it”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The beginning point for me is a clean, comfortable bed with a hospitable staff. Fairfield Frankfort scores on this one...the rest of the amenities are lacking. Breakfast good...pool full of chlorine (so much so, they our eyes burned for a couple of days after leaving) and staff worked through some check in problems like no electricity in one of our two rooms (time to check how we can exit in case of a problem that no electricity may indicate). Would stay again, but realize I'm getting my base requirements...nothing special...just good nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was fine. Perhaps we had a remodeled room. I'm picky about the moderness of hotel room and ours was perfectly modern and clean. However we were only awake in the hotel for less than an hour. We were just looking for a place to stay during a road trip. Checked in at 10:30pm, checked out by 10am. Had a room with a king bed and a separate area with a sofa bed that was already made up and ready to go. Just had to pull it out. Breakfast was not great and that's where they lose a little bit of rating. Perhaps we were there at the end when they weren't replenishing things. We ate a little cereal then stopped at Starbucks across the street.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

the room was clean but nothing fancy, we try to stay at Marriott hotels, stayed at a residence inn in michigan for same price and it was AWESOME. this one just ok as far as decorations but the guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: second floor room was good
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

So much potential, so little realized.
The Good: exterior of Hotel; Shower pressure and Tempersture; comfortable Bed

The Bad: Finess Center- there was only one elliptical (out of order) and one treadmill. ; The hot was out of order; I saw some ants in room; in wall heat and air unit. ; window screen broken; check in issue with reservation (I was glad I had a copy of it)

The ugly- the breakfast was not up to par with even a Hampton inn. I don't need much in the morning, but I was glad there was a Starbucks accross the street.

This hotel is definitely tired and needs to be updated.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pvb4me
Reviewed April 18, 2013

the first thing i was struck with at this property was a 7 inch curb at the front door. there are accessible curbs at the handicapped parking spaces but if you are in a wheelchair being dropped off at the only covered entrance, or if you are unloading lots of baggage, forget it.

aside from that issue this property is a poor competitor to other mid-major players. nearly every holiday inn express i've stayed in puts this place far behind. strangeness abounds in this motel. the beds in our third floor room were the height of camping cots for example. furnishings and decor seemed like the 1960's had a love child with a 1990's eastern european remnant sale.

next time its the HIEX at the next exit to the west.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank joe1860
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We received very poor service at the hotel. The front desk person actually glared at my daughter when she asked for more towels, and when I called the front desk to ask for more towels they told me they had run out of clean towels and I would have to wait.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cathy475
Reviewed January 22, 2013

For hotels in Frankfort, the Fairfield is just ok. I found their beds very uncomfortable and lumpy and the pillows flat. The decor in the rooms is outdated. It's not particularly clean if you're on the first floor, as I found some ants in the bathroom. I would highly recommend requesting a room on the upper floor, as first floor rooms are quite noisy (you can hear people walking outside your door in the hall and doors closing all night). I was most disappointed by their breakfast. They only offer Jimmy Dean microwavable breakfast sandwiches and some yogurt, fruit and bread. I would also recommend not using their dry cleaning service, as I've had colleagues drop clothes off to be dry cleaned and not get them back on time several days later. Overall, it's an ok hotel if you just need a place to crash, but for the price, you can definitely do better elsewhere in Frankfort.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
Hampton Inn Frankfort
Capital Plaza Hotel
#5 of 10 in Frankfort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Georgetown/College Inn

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort? Share your experiences!