“You won't go hungry!”
Review of The Meeting House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frankfort
The Meeting House
Ranked #1 of 4 Frankfort B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We spent two nights at The Meeting House in Frankfort, Kentucky last fall. We couldn't have been happier. The home was quite charming and beautifully decorated for the season. The owners, Gary and Rose, were very hospitable and we enjoyed their company very much at meals. The food was fantastic, and just when you thought you'd finished your breakfast another course appeared. I have to say that Rose is definitely a gourmet cook and everything she prepared was superb! The inn also has a cafe, which serves lunch, but unfortunately we were always out and about and didn't have a chance to sample any of the meals there. But I'm sure that with Rose doing the cooking, it has to be great. I'd highly recommend The Meeting House and we'll certainly check it out if we're every back in Frankfort.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bonnie M

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I must first say, I am not a fan of B & B's however I really liked this one a lot. The house has tons of character and was nicely decorated for the season. The room we stayed in was great and was large enough. The floors and bed were a little creaky but that is what I expect in a a very old house with antiques. The owners, Rose and Gary, were such great hosts and kept us entertained at breakfast with their stories. Rose is an awesome cook and our breakfast was so yummy and more than enough. I would come back again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Pleasant stay with Rose and Gary. At the edge of historic downtown. There on business - could walk to meeting each morning. Enjoyable breakfasts. filling. Enjoyed watching the fireflies in the evening from the upstairs porch. It is a pre-civil war 3 stories home. It is also a small restaurant in the back yard from 10 am to about 3 pm. Will certainly stay there again next time in Frankfort.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ChuckOldBoy
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Rose and Eric the owners of this B & B are what makes this place tick. They are very funny and friendly. The home is right near the capital and museums. The night we arrived we were al be to pick any room we wanted as we were the only ones there! The food was excellent, a little too much sometimes and would have liked more choices.
Some little things I noticed, a very ratty looking rocking chair is at the front door where you enter, but maybe it is an antique! The For Rent signs on the front gate don't help the look of the place, and maybe empty the ash trays on the upstairs porch. Would stay there again, only offer criticism so the owners can make the home even better than it already is!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have a nice library room anyone can use!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marygrace58
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed there for 4 days in January and we were treated like royalty. It is an older home with many antiques but the ambiance was part of the draw for us. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fantifan
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I will be brief. My wife and I spent 3 nights here while touring the regional distilleries. The hosts, Gary and Rose were a wonderful couple. Rooms were very comfortable, best nights sleep that I have had in a while. There was a comfortable second story outdoor porch that was a treat in the evening. The breakfasts were absolutely wonderful. Over the 3 mornings we had apple dumplings, delicious coffee, "the stack" a delicious stack of has browns eggs ham and cheese, and any number of delicious reads and fruit dishes. Owners were very helpful with suggestions for the local sites.

Room Tip: all seemed fine
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnloewer
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I just spent the weekend in Frankfort and we had a wonderful time due in part to Rose and Gary who run The Meeting House. They were full of great information and made our stay comfortable. Rose had baked goods waiting each afternoon in our room that were melt in your mouth delicious! if you get a chance to visit the area make this your spot to rest and relax.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple