Review Highlights
Gar gar gar

For little money, you get an easy accessible variety of life animals and plants Loved the... read more

Reviewed November 1, 2018
GoeieWitte
Neshanic Station,NJ
visit with family

What a great way to spend some time with family on a very hot Tuesday afternoon. Wheelchair... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2018
sarahtuckerburton
Lexington, Kentucky

All reviews game farm live animals fishing pond indoor and outdoor exhibits walking trails local animals bison great place for children children and adults whole family walk around any age great place to visit self guided tour couple of hours all ages deer
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Great place to visit with a group of kids. They can see why wildlife in Kentucky is all about. If you’re in town stop here, very interesting and you can stay 15 minutes or 2-3 hours.....

Reviewed February 18, 2018

Salato offers a self guided tour of live animals and exhibits. It is surrounded by lakes and hiking trails as well with picnic areas to enjoy the day. There is also fishing.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank James G
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Went through Frankfort to visit the New Capitol Building and found this attraction also. The indoor and outdoor exhibits as well as the animals in their natural habitat are very nicely represented. This is great for kids as well as adults.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

First you drive past pleasant lakes and forests and then enter the center with stuffed Kentucky birds flying overhead and many realistic displays. The walking trails and overviews of wildlife is like being there in nature. The fences are protective but not noticeable and the guides are super enthusiastic and helpful.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

I was in town with my husband and needed to kill some time while he was at work so I called up a long lost friend of over 20yrs and she met me. I had looked up things to do and upon asking my friend what she thought about us going to Salato she she said, absolutely! I'm so glad we did. Admission is reasonable for what they have available, we paid $5.00 a person and spent a couple of hours just taking in all the little exhibits and live animals. Indoor and out is easy to navigate and full of education material on native wildlife. Salato also has a beautiful lake to walk around and fish in. A licence may be required to fish but I'd call to confirm if that's the case. The only other thing I thought about while visiting is the feeding schedule for the animals because that would be neat to watch if you knew when they did that. There are water fountains and restrooms in the building but once you're outdoors you're on your own so you may want a bottle of water and don't forget your camera. There are benches to sit down if you need to rest or just want to take in the scenery and the path is paved. Unless I missed something I believe the whole place to be wheelchair accessible. I loved it here and had a fantastic time catching up with a lifelong friend taking in nature and learning a few things we didn't know. Defiantly worth admission, the type of thing you don't mind to tip. Bring a lunch and spend the day here.