“What a fantastic night”

The Corbet Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Uffington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Corbet Arms is in the village of Uffington just 10 minutes car journey from centre of Shrewsbury. Family owned Local Village pub consists of Bowlers Bar, Restaurant, sabrina suite suitable for Weddings parties wakes conferences can seat 80 or 100 for Buffet. we have 9 Bedrooms available for guest staying B&B. Large Outside Terrace Overlooking our crown Bowling green. Sitting On the Banks of the River Severn near to local beauty spot Haughmond Hill and Haughmond Abbey.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've just returned home from my weekend birthday celebrations at the Corbett Arms. From beginning to end the service was impeccable and my family and guests were made to feel very welcome.

When we booked my party way back last year, Stacey reassured us that everything would be just as we would want it, and due to her professionalism we had every faith in her and the team.

We booked all of the rooms for the Saturday night for our family and friends. We booked a large table for Saturday lunch. Due to people travelling from far and wide our party arrived at different times throughout the afternoon, but everyone was very accommodating and helpful with our group of mixed ages.
The party was a great success mainly due to wonderful food, excellent service and a high standard of accommodation. Special thanks to Simon, who along with the team made our weekend very special and nothing was too much trouble.

2  Thank Phil B

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Visited here on a Sunday for an impromptu Sunday lunch. Setting is lovely with the views across the fields. i had the soup to start with which was very watery and tasteless and for main I had the roast beef, this was good but a little over cooked for my taste, the vegetables however were delicious. The service was ok just a little slow at times. Overall it was ok, but will be returning.

2  Thank louise03037
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We found the food very agreeable and good value for money; the brunch was tasty and well presented. Atmosphere is friendly. The only criticism was the slight delay from ordering to the arrival of the meals; however, the staff were apologetic and embarrassed. Otherwise a good experience for a mid-week brunch.

1  Thank Stanley74
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend went to the Corbet Arms for a Sunday lunch, could not fault it. Service was attentive, the beef was perfect, the accompanying veg was superb (roast potatoes, swede mash, cauliflower and carrots. Will definitely be returning again.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stay for a short break and definitely disappointed. Arrived at the Corbett Arms and checking was hassle free. Was given the keys to our room. On entering our room I was so disappointed that we were only staying for 3 nights. The room was superb. It looked freshly decorated but didn’t smell of paint. The furniture was top quality and there is plenty of storage space to put your stuff. The king size bed was out of this world. I slept like a log and it was a struggle to get out of it in the morning. The bed linen again was top quality and crisp. The bathroom has electric under floor heating which is fantastic when getting out of the shower or bath. There were tea and coffee making equipment in the room should you need a nightcap before retiring into the sumptuous bed. The room looks out over the pubs own bowling green which in turn back onto the River Severn gently flowing past on its way to the Bristol Channel. The breakfast in the morning was as good as the room and did not disappoint at all. The breakfast wasn't included in our B&B but you can book it when you check in so you can take it or leave it but I would have breakfast it’s lovely. The staff were really friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We ate in a couple of times and the choice on the menu should please the fussiest eater. The food is good and well presented. We put the meals and any drinks on a tab which suited us as we settled up when we reluctantly checked out. I tried to find a B&B in Shrewsbury with free onsite parking but nothing was available, I am so pleased it wasn't as we would have missed what is a brilliant B&B. Hopefully we can return in the future and stay longer it certainly is home from home

3  Thank number1leadman