“What a Blast!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grand Avenue
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I took a group of 15 adults to Vito's, our group was visiting the area from out of town. Having a common interest in music, I thought this would be just the place. What a blast! Vito was tremendously accommodating throughout several adjustments as the date approached, and was really easy to work with.

The food was tremendous, the entertainment was fantastic, and I came off like a hero.

We had a ball. Thanks Vito!

There are newer reviews for Vito's Cafe

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We celebrated my Mother's birthday and Vito's and had an amazing experience. I let them know in advance that we would be celebrating. From the moment we walked through the door they made her evening wonderful. Wait staff is associated with the University of Cincinnati 's Conservatory of Music and customers are entertained along with great food. Our table of five ordered the cold antipasto appetizer and it was sufficient to satisty all. I ordered the osso buco and it was mouthwatering and beautifully served. The lasagna bolognese was a hit at our table and my husband ask for something off the menu and they were happy to prepare it for him. They have an amazing vanilla bread pudding and no matter what you order before dessert, you MUST leave room for this. It is served warm. If you must, order one for the table and share. Vito's is romantic, lively, fun, inviting, and delicious.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a find! My wife and I heard of the "singing staff" at Vito's and thought we'd check it out. The location is easy to find and it has a quaint, old-city, location. Friendly hostess, coat-check as you enter and the owner (Vito) seats you and is quite the conversationalist. The layout is small rooms and we were seated in the piano section with a small stage. The piano player was awesome and played an eclectic mix of Italian, Sinatra and modern classics. The menu was full of classic and not-so-classic Italian options. My wife had the special of the day and I stuck with spaghetti and meatballs. The service was great, not rushed, very well paced. The food was delicious.

As we finished our salads the singing began. This isn't a show bar/restaurant per se, but the servers are the singers (apparently all music students or accomplished singers.) Accompanied by the pianist, they sing opera, Italian, German and contemporary pieces. They were not stodgy at all, but fun, lively and very, very good. I was impressed how well they all sang. My favorites were Justin and I forgot the other deep bass singer (both were amazing.) Vito, the owner, stepped in and accompanied a few of them.

This was a great dining experience. We went on a Thursday night and the dining room was full but not packed and I wondered why. This should be a reservation only, destination restaurant, what with the atmosphere, food and music. One our favorite dining experiences in quite some time. It is evening-only dinner times, and only open Thursday through Sunday. Worth a visit.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Hubby and I and three other couples had reservations for dinner Valentine's Day. We met in the cozy bar for cocktails. Our table was ready at the reserved time and we were taken to a room that was quiet yet within view and sound of the piano and performers. The singers frequently left the little stage and strolled back to our table to sing part of their songs. We were able to carry on conversation while enjoying the beautiful music. Vito himself came back frequently to sing and to ask if we had any requests. We did, and he took them to "Piano Pete" who delighted us with his beautiful renditions. Six of us ordered the Valentine's Dinner special of a crab and fontina appetizer, short ribs, and chocolate trio dessert. The appetizer was tasty and more than enough for two. The short ribs served over gnocchi and spinach was so tender I cut it with my fork. It was delicious. Dessert was a trio of flourless chocolate cake, mousse, and a little chocolate covered treat. I can't eat gluten, so the flourless chocolate cake was perfect for me. Hubby ate the reamining two sweets. The other two members of our group ordered off of the menu and reported their choices were "wonderful." The professional singers were talented, enthusiastic, and had a large repertoire - we were there for three hours and never heard the same song twice. It was a perfect Valentine dinner with outstanding food, incredible music, and excellant service. I don't know how we have missed this restauarant, but we will definitely return.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I took my girlfriend to Vito's for her 22nd birthday, and this place is fabulous! There was live music from an experienced pianist, and vocals from our waiters. The food, while on the pricey side, was delicious and came out with little wait.

The only complaint I have was that people seem intent on talking to us every five minutes. I felt like I had little peace, and when we had a conversation going, we would only be interrupted once more. We even had some random guy from another table that I had never met in my life come over and ask if the food was good and where we were from. He didn't even say happy birthday.

They sang happy birthday to my girl, and gave us a scoop of ice cream with a candle in it. Marvelous place, I will definitely be back soon. Thank you to the waiters and waitresses of Vito's, good luck in your careers! :)

1  Thank AngelofEbola