“Ugh, go somewhere else”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
“Ugh, go somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Well so much for a Chinese place on a military post. Worst and overpriced Chinese food I have ever had. Spent most of the next day running to the bathroom. Hot and sour soup was terrible and the egg roll was like a soggy piece of bread with vegetables in it. Turn this place into a Mexican restaurant and maybe customers will start showing up. Sorry China Bistro it's a strike out.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spoiled food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been here three times. Each time i was less than impressed with the food. It was too expensive for the quality of food that was prepared. The service was mediocre at best. We recently had a going away party there for a coworker at lunch time. Most of us chose to eat at the buffet. Many of us tried one of their chicken dishes, and was met with spoiled chicken. When we informed the staff, they immediately replaced the chicken at the buffet, but it was found to be bad as well. This obviously discourged us to continue eating. We asked to be compensated with a possible discount, and were met with an unequivocal "no". I will not be a patron at this establishment again.

Groton, Connecticut
“Nice looking place lacks what it takes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I went here several times and hoped each time it was going to be better. But I have to say if I want some chinese food im going to the hole in the wall in Radclif before I return here. The food was expensive but lackes quality, putting it simply, buffett food taste better. The waitresses always seem to have attitude and seldomly check on you until their ready to offer a togo box and the check. I would not bother with this place. The post should have kept this place an Italian restaurant.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Not worth the money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got to this restaurant late after a long day. They still were supposed to be open another hour, but we were the only ones in the dining room. There appeared to be 2 workers there, the waitress and the cook. It was obvious they were ready to leave. The food was slow coming out, and we tried to hurry. The waitress only came back to our table once and that was to ask us if we needed anything else and to ask if she could go ahead and bring the check so she could close out her register. The food was not very good, it was expensive, and the service and attitude was worse than the food. We were staying on base at Fort Knox and we didn't have many choices for food, but from that night on we made sure we ate before returning to the base

Roanoke, Virginia
“We Shouldn't Have Bothered”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I ordered take out from China Bistro. I ordered the chicken and broccoli, with a side of hot and sour soup, and my husband ordered their bourbon chicken. The restaurant decor is upscale, provides lots of seating (we noticed it while waiting on our to go order), and appeared really clean. The staff took our order quickly, was pleasant, and the food came out hot and fast. We were very impressed, until we started eating. My chicken and broccoli came out with a thin sauce that was similar in color to chicken noodle soup. When I picked up a piece of broccoli or chicken, none of the sauce adhered to it. It was like eating a side of plain white meat chicken, with a side of crunchy broccoli. The chicken and broccoli had a fair amount of bamboo shoots in it, a hand full of mushrooms, and several carrot slivers. The taste and amount given for take out was well below average as compared to the price. Flavor was barely there. It was almost like eating a salad (for a flavor comparison). Chinese cooking (that I've had anyway), always has a flavorful sauce, spice. This dish had nothing but the taste of the chicken, salt, and broccoli. The hot and sour soup was another matter however. The soup was really spicy, had a few chicken pieces in it, red pepper flakes, more tofu in it than chicken, and more taste than the chicken and broccoli, although it was still below average. My husband's bourbon chicken came out light brown in color. My husband said specifically that he had tasted better chicken and broccoli, but that the fried rice it came with was "scrumptious." His only complaint about the rice was that they didn't give him enough to eat with the bourbon chicken. He said, "the container they package the rice in is so small, they almost made me think they were mad at us." He has a healthy sense of humor, but back to my review. This restaurant is located on the military installation, which is why we went there for a quick lunch. We both agreed that if it weren't for that fact, and if we had known about the quality and amount (lack) of food they serve before going, we wouldn't have bothered. If we find ourselves at Fort Knox again, we will not be visiting. Even though my husband liked the rice, the decor is beautiful, the food came out hot and timely, and I thought the soup was fair, we felt like eating here was not an over all good value for our money. I guess we've been spoiled by the flavorful Chinese they serve in bigger cities.

• Visited July 2013