“Wahts turnaround!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: public house
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We'll come on, what a turn around!

The old days I agree under Ember we're not that good! However, now, great staff, bit of music, good atmosphere......

The menu is the same as before, good value for money, but to move in and maintain customers it needs reviewing and maybe expanding but they are on the right track!!

Finally, who wouldn't mind being asked there age at 34, come on lads, you will welcome that in years to come!

We'll done The Greyhound, your a great new place, let's keep it that way!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

After planning a quick bite to eat with a friend we arrived at the greyhound and went straight to the bar to order a beer , at this stage the girl behind the bar was unaware we were going to order food. After asking for a strongbow the barmaid asked for ID to my 34year old friend who was flattered and laughed it off as she said it was policy. He produced his driving license and the drink was poured , he then decided he would have a pint of bitter , the bar maid then asked who the strongbow was for , Me ..I replied , she then said did I have any ID , I replied no , at which point we were told again no ID no drink ! I did say surely with his ID that would be ok , I Informed her I was 36 ! ..no ID no drink , company policy ,,....do I really look under 18 I said ... She replied company policy ...then stated that "she had never seen us in their before " I'm not sure how long this has been a criteria for getting a drink ? I wonder if the grey haired man at the bar in his 50s was asked for ID ? Or perhaps he had been there before ?

I find this ridiculous , neither my friend or myself look anywhere close to being under age .. I certainly don't agree with the theory because she had never seen us before ! The irony of the whole situation having grown up in Ash is I drunk in the pub almost 20years ago !

I certainly will not be returning to the greyhound and didn't sample any food ....the girl behind the bars attitude was appalling and a little common sense should be applied ! This has not secured my business and I certainly will not be returning as the poor service , the bad attitude and the computer said no !

I do not expect to have to carry ID to a pub at 36 ! And even when my friend provided his at 34 should think that would be sufficient ! Congratulations on loosing 2 x customers in under 2 minutes

1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed October 4, 2013

been here twice since it has reopened, excellent service, fab food, would definitely go back, refurbishment is very impressive.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Recently refurbished and now table service.
Food was very good, we had the fish platter to share as starter, fabulous .
Four of us had a different meal and we were all pleased.
Wine was good and very reasonably priced as was the meal, we will definitely eat here again

1  Thank Garry K
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Being my most local pub, this is the pklace where I've always gone with my mates for a few drinks on a Friday night, and with the Mrs. for a Sunday roast or a quiet meal out in the week.

Can't grumble about the food or the choice of ales, or the pub building. They're still the same. What has changed this year has been the atmosphere in the place, since the new management took over. I don't know if he's cut the staff, but it takes much much longer to get served with food than it ever did before. I've had to complain a couple of times because orders have come out wrong or not at all, and have found the manager pretty rude and unhelpful when I have complained.

To be honest, not sure how much more longer I'm going to call this place my local unless it really improves or they get someone else in.

1  Thank Alegoblin85