Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7350 Turfway Rd, Florence, KY 41042-1355   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% TODAY!
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Dayton, Ohio
“Overnight stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great price. Though a bit difficult to get to, they are visible from the main road so you just have to wind around the block for access. There was some road noise from what I assume is I-75. If I were going to be there for a week, I would have asked for a different room location. A room on the side away from the Interstate may have been quieter. The room was clean. WiFi was available. The bed was harder than I prefer but for one night it was sufficient. The sheets were clean but felt "stiff". We didn't have much interaction with the staff other than to check in. We left for the airport before the office opened. Security was good. Ditto on an earlier comment about the hallway carpet being quite stained and/or dirty.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate side of the building.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found your room clean and a good value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
cincy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've stayed at some Extended Stay Hotels recently that weren't that great but this one was an exception. The check in was easy and the room was clean and comfortable. There was a new flat screen TV in the room and the wireless internet worked OK. No complaints.

I'd like to complement the manager, Dave, for keeping this hotel above average.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your review. The new flat screen TV are new and were installed just a few months ago. Dave works hard to provide all our guests a GREAT stay. Thanks again.
Vincennes, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The carpet in the hall way was filthy. Once we got into our room, it was not much better. The carpet was not vacuumed, or dusted. The floor in the kitchen and bathroom were dirty. You could not run the ac above 64, which made the room very cold. We were not told that we would be responsible for the trash being taken out, and that we had to take the dirty towels/washcloths down to the front desk to pick up the clean ones. Unless we were there for a certain number of days. We will not be staying there again, and will not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not to your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to review the check in process so you future guest are aware that we do not clean rooms everyday at check in. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This place is an absolute dump. So much so that I felt compelled to warn others.

Spent 1 week here while visiting a parent in a local hospital....the entire week was spent in a stuffy, odorous room with a rock hard mattress and 15 channels. NO wireless net access was available...every guest complained they were unable to connect and in the 7 days I was there nothing was ever done about that (so much for getting work done). The room telephone could not make outgoing calls (once again, reported and nothing serviced) and the bathroom shower fixtures shot water all over the ceiling when used due to loose fittings. The kitchen sink was covered in hard-water stains, the floor wasn't vacuumed and the AC was like listening to a freight train (and had to be run all evening due to the indoor temps).

You definitely get what you pay for at this place.... I suggest couch-surfing or saving up your pennies to stay at a real hotel chain. Avoid like the plague...especially if you're traveling on business.

Room Tip: This is near the expressway, so no rooms are quiet. They do have a "no barking" section...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Brian E
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Cincinnati - Florence. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Just needed a place to hang that was stress free, bugfree, emotionally not more stress and customer/staff friendly. nice calm atmosphere

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank NoOrdinaryLuv
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, March 6, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Cincinnati - Florence. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

The good news is that there were no bedbugs. The bad news is that this hotel has inadequate sound proofing-the ceiling sounds like a kettle drum when neighbors walk normally...mild exercize caused my floor to rattle which likely bothered the occupants below. The building is so close to the interstate that it shakes as 18 wheelers pass.
The furnishings are heavily worn including a bedspread with burn holes draped on the bed in my non-smoking room and carpet with no remaining nap. Upon my arrival, the check-in clerk had diffiiculty with the process as he stared into his computer for many many minutes without hardly a sound and seemed alouf to my presence. When I asked him for a room on the back side of the building, he again spent minutes looking at his computer screen then told me there were no non-smoking rooms on the back side of the building he said the same regarding back side smoking rooms. There were fewer then a dozen cars in the parking lot at midnight so I doubt his truthfulness when he said "yes" to my question "Are you sold out?" After dark there was a light pole 20 yards away with high powered spot lights pointing right at the same heighth of my window. There was no one at the desk that night when I returned, I was having trouble getting into the room so I called the hotel phone number and got no answer. I left a message and my phone number and never did hear back. What if the building was on fire or there was a hostile intruder; or an urgement mechanical malfunction. The supreme irony is the posting on the wall in their lobby which says how they want to treat guests according to the golden rule, "who would want treatment as described above?"

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank minnesotasparky
Mandy629, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, February 9, 2011
On Jan 27, 2011 our hotel was in fact extremely full, which unfortunately limits our room availability, and occasionally we are unable to accommodate a request for a room in a specific area of the hotel. Many of our guests are visiting on business, and work either during the day or at night so the parking lot may not have been full, but the hotel was. Unfortunately this was one of those situations, and we did not have a room available that was not on the highway side. All of the rooms that are closest to the highway have an additional window to help limit any noise heard from I-75, and if it is an issue we always do our best to move a guest as soon as another room becomes available.
We also attempt to address any issues with excessive noise from other rooms immediately when it is reported to us. We rarely have any complaints about noise from people walking normally, as some noise is to be expected at any hotel or apartment complex.
We also regret that we were unable to address any concerns with the room in this situation. All rooms are inspected by management before they are rented, and any issues are always taken care of promptly.
Our company takes safety and security very seriously and having a well lit parking lot is part of that. Again, we don't normally get any complaints concerning the lighting as all of the rooms have curtains that help block any light coming into the guest rooms at night. In fact many of our guests work nights and sleep during the day without any issues.
Our office is closed between the hours of 11pm and 7am, but we ALWAYS have a night attendant on duty to assist with any arrivals, guest requests, or emergencies that may arise. She may have been assisting another guest during the call, and we are currently looking into why the call was not transferred to our answering service, which is normal operating procedure if the night attendant does not answer for any reason.
The Guest Service Representative that assisted with this check-in had only worked for us for a short time, and although he was fully trained, he took slightly longer to assist with this check-in, especially because of the specific room request. We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your comments which will definitely assist us in correcting any future issues.
Guest satisfaction is very important at Extended Stay Hotels, and Extended Stay America Cincinnati-Florence, and we always do our best to make sure every guest is happy with their stay, and that any issues are taken care of as soon as possible. Although we did not have the opportunity to rectify these issues at the time of the stay, we hope that this will help address any concerns. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly with any additional questions or comments and we would be happy to help.
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

Stayed here for two weeks while on business. Enjoyed having the kitchenette and wireless service. The room was comfortable and clean, nothing fancy though. Mixed feelings about the staff, some were good, others were not so good. Do keep in mind if you stay here, there is no daily cleaning of your room.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank worcesterlove
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Days Inn Florence
#11 of 26 in Florence
3.5 of 5 stars 582 reviews
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Value Place Cincinnati OH (Florence)

Been to Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd.
Address: 7350 Turfway Rd, Florence, KY 41042-1355
Location: United States > Kentucky > Florence
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Florence