“Nice hotel, but bring your pillow”

Holiday Inn Florence
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently over a Saturday nite. At checkin, the staff was friendly but I discovered they gave me a key for the wrong room. After pointing out that my signin sheet was different than the key, this was fixed.
The rooms are nice. The bed was nice. But the pillows were like hard marshmallows. One pillow was not enough and two were too much.
No free breakfast here, as in other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property before and was pleased with the room and services. This trip was different. I was on Cincinnati 10/3 - 10/7 and made a reservation at the Holiday Inn for Sunday night as it is close to the airport and provides shuttle service.
When I got to my room I noticed that the door did not latch when it closed. I had to pull or push the door to make sure it latched every time I opened the door.

I walked about 1/4 mile to Famous Dave's for dinner. When I finished it was raining quite hard so I called the hotel and asked if I could get a ride back to the hotel. The desk clerk said that she would send the van when it returned in about 10 minutes. About 45 minutes later the rain let up so I walked back to my room.

When I got up Monday morning I turned on the coffee maker and got in the shower. Great shower lots of pressure but the tub didn't drain. Got out of the shower and found 1/3 cup of coffee. I had to restart the coffee maker several times to fill my cup. Same was true for the second cup of coffee

I noticed that the sink drain was also really slow when shaving.

I reported the maintenance issues to the front desk at checkout in hopes that the next guest will have a better experience.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jsk60
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear jsk60,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, room amenities and the tub condition. We will address these points with maintenance. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were in the area to visit friends, and the Holiday Inn had the best rate of hotels in that class. This was the second time we stayed there in the past few years and it appears to have had an update in that time.

We had a spacious, well appointed room with a large bed, a fridge, and which was (at our request) not facing the highway. It was very clean and had free wifi, which was awesome. We didn't get a chance to try the restaurant, but the options looked good and there are also plenty of food choices nearby.

The staff were quite young but mostly helpful - I spoke to 3 different people, and only one was dismissive, but I'm not sure we'd stay here again. I asked if they had a recycling bin available and she kind of smirked at me and said 'NO' in a way that said 'you hippie'. I ended up finding one just down the street (off tanners lane at the city buildings) but I was really disappointed in her response - it's the 21st century and businesses world wide are managing their waste in a way that's both responsible and cost-saving, so the Holiday Inn should really get with the program. I'll be checking out the other options before staying here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Was looking for a comfy place to stay on my road trip and onstar recommended this hotel. Conveniently located right off of the interstate, and close to everything you could possibly need.
first the pros: my room was nice.... plenty of space, nice flat screen tv, fridge and freezer...and comfy bed. This is a pet friendly hotel and never had any issues with my small dog.
they offered a 10% offf either dinner or breakfastto priority club members so I decided on dinner. You cant use the discount on room service, so I ordered and picked up. Autumn, the associate who took my order, was very friendly and well versed on the menu. She made sure I had everything I needed.
cons: the front of the hotel was littered with cigarette butts, even though an ashtray was readily availaable. The young man that checked me in was not friendly at all! It seemed like it was a bother that I was checking in. Never welcomed me, never said anything about the coupon stuck in many envelope. .. never even smiled.
My room was on the 4th floor... inconvenient with a dog but quiet. As I said before, the room was nice. ... bathroom just average. Basic small bathtub and sink. The door opens our because there's not enough space in the bathroom.
that being said, I was comfy and got a good nights rest

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Seekingcomfort
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stopped by on our way home from a trip. This hotel was very clean, nice, and accommodating. They had a restaurant/bar that even let us take our adult drinks back to the room (a really great bonus when you have kids.) My sister and I had quite a night laughing our butts off (sorry to the guy next to us who was banging on the wall . . . we were having fun . . . yes I took pictures!) Anyway . . . beautiful rooms, CLEAN, safe, NO BUGS, nice pool, excellent restaurant/bar, and great staff. Nice safe family place to relax. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Very clean, updated and has a GREAT restaurant/bar too. :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Thank GetYourMoniesWo... F
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on journey to Kentucky. I was riding my bike and stopped for the night. The hotel allowed my to park my bike under a covered area to keep it out of the weather. They were very accommodating. The rate that I paid did not include breakfast, but the dinner that I had in the restaurant was very tasty and reasonably priced. This was by no means the cheapest hotel I have stayed in, however there was great value to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I left my IPAD in the lobby when I checked out and didn't realize it until 3 hours later. I called the hotel in panic and they had it in a safe place, waiting for me to call. The staff very kindly worked with me, fielding several calls to arrange transport back to me, all the while keeping a diligent log of what had transpired. As far as a hotel experience, this honesty made it top notch! Also, the room was very nice and clean, and comfortable. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone -- again, many thanks to the honest staff!!........Cathy

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cast-Away62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#12 of 28 in Florence
2 mi away
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South

Been to Holiday Inn Florence? Share your experiences!