“Nice place for an overnight stay”

Holiday Inn Florence
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Fort Lauderdale
“Nice place for an overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for a comfy place to stay on my road trip and onstar recommended this hotel. Conveniently located right off of the interstate, and close to everything you could possibly need.
first the pros: my room was nice.... plenty of space, nice flat screen tv, fridge and freezer...and comfy bed. This is a pet friendly hotel and never had any issues with my small dog.
they offered a 10% offf either dinner or breakfastto priority club members so I decided on dinner. You cant use the discount on room service, so I ordered and picked up. Autumn, the associate who took my order, was very friendly and well versed on the menu. She made sure I had everything I needed.
cons: the front of the hotel was littered with cigarette butts, even though an ashtray was readily availaable. The young man that checked me in was not friendly at all! It seemed like it was a bother that I was checking in. Never welcomed me, never said anything about the coupon stuck in many envelope. .. never even smiled.
My room was on the 4th floor... inconvenient with a dog but quiet. As I said before, the room was nice. ... bathroom just average. Basic small bathtub and sink. The door opens our because there's not enough space in the bathroom.
that being said, I was comfy and got a good nights rest

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Seekingcomfort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stopped by on our way home from a trip. This hotel was very clean, nice, and accommodating. They had a restaurant/bar that even let us take our adult drinks back to the room (a really great bonus when you have kids.) My sister and I had quite a night laughing our butts off (sorry to the guy next to us who was banging on the wall . . . we were having fun . . . yes I took pictures!) Anyway . . . beautiful rooms, CLEAN, safe, NO BUGS, nice pool, excellent restaurant/bar, and great staff. Nice safe family place to relax. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Very clean, updated and has a GREAT restaurant/bar too. :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank GetYourMoniesWo... F
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on journey to Kentucky. I was riding my bike and stopped for the night. The hotel allowed my to park my bike under a covered area to keep it out of the weather. They were very accommodating. The rate that I paid did not include breakfast, but the dinner that I had in the restaurant was very tasty and reasonably priced. This was by no means the cheapest hotel I have stayed in, however there was great value to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I left my IPAD in the lobby when I checked out and didn't realize it until 3 hours later. I called the hotel in panic and they had it in a safe place, waiting for me to call. The staff very kindly worked with me, fielding several calls to arrange transport back to me, all the while keeping a diligent log of what had transpired. As far as a hotel experience, this honesty made it top notch! Also, the room was very nice and clean, and comfortable. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone -- again, many thanks to the honest staff!!........Cathy

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cast-Away62
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at the full service Holiday Inn in Florence Ky recently and had the best breakfast that we have had in a long time. We chose a vegetable omelet and it was cook with the fresh vegetables grilled. So yummy. Both the waitress and the cook were very friendly, and knew what they were doing. If this Holiday Inn was in my home town it would be a regular place I would go for breakfast.

Room Tip: A tip if you are a non smoker is not to get a room on the 4th floor. This floor had smoking rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ruth Z
Fairfield, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room looked nice and was very clean. It was very relaxing at first. However, as the temperature dropped from the 40's during the day to the 20's overnight it appeared the only heat in the building was in our room. It was very cold even as we put our thermostat up to 80. The hallway didn't seem to be heated at all. We put a blanket at the bottom of the door to keep out the cold. We even felt too cold to take a shower and swimming was out of the question even though the pool area was warm. We didn't want to walk with wet suites in a freezing hallway. Maybe the heat was down because that night only about 12 cars were parked outside. It was pretty empty. We also had a nonsmoking room on the 4th floor but could smell the cigarette odor in the hallways. I think maybe each floor should be either smoking or non smoking, not mixed. We ate breakfast in the restaurant in the morning. It was cool to see a TV at each table but not cool to see dust from some kind of construction all over the table. I liked the taste of the food (gravy and biscuits) but the biscuits were more like bricks. Could have been better, could have been worse.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Florence, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Jesse P,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel finally is starting to recognize Priority Club members. Good location, fairly clean (see note below). Do know this is a Holiday Inn and only offers free coffee in the lobby.

Bad: Mold in shower ceiling. I pointed this out to front desk upon check out. Not what I expect from a newer property, and over $100/night.

Yogurt parfait in the in house dining - advertises with blueberries or strawberries. Seeing they are both available fresh this time of year. It was a shocker that my almost healthy breakfast item was ruined with pie filling versus fresh berries.

Room Tip: They do have a highway side, if you are a light sleeper you might ask for a room on the opposite sid...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Florence, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear orreo5859,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our location.

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from our staff and for the poor breakfast selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South

Been to Holiday Inn Florence? Share your experiences!