Budget Inn
$115
$98
$68
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stopped here after a long day on the road and believed we were staying at a great place because of the name. Were we wrong. The one and only receptionist was booking a family that need four rooms, this took her forever. When we finally did get a room, it was at the back of the hotel, in a very dark parking lot. After we unloaded that car we moved it out to the front again under some lighting. The room wasn't very clean, there is garbage behind the dresser and headboards as well as a lot of thick dust, bathroom was disgusting and well as the chairs were very stained. We were told we had wireless internet, couldn't get it working, called the front desk, she said we were to call the tech support number of the card, but when we tried to do that we couldn't make an outside call. The front desk said she would have to transfer a call to us. We waited and waited, finally had to go out for some supper around 9. When we got back, I tried to make a telephone call with my calling card, again the front desk person came on the line and said that she would have to call the number and transfer it to our room. She said she would do this when she could as she was busy. I waited 20 minutes and called again to the front desk. She asked me if we had got the call from the tech support and I said no we had gone out and to never mind. She tried to transfer the call but couldn't and said I could come to the front desk and use her phone to make my call. So I got out of my pj's and got dressed walked to the front desk (which was a long way from our room) All the clerk said was that she had been so busy and hadn't had time to even have a break. I placed my call. I asked her for a blanket as one of the beds in our room had only a sheet on it. She replied that they were in laundry and she couldn't leave the desk till after 11, it was 10:20. I couldn't believe it, you mean to tell me that a motel with over 100 rooms only has one person working? I told her to never mind, we were exhausted. Nobody slept well and we were on the road very early. There are lots of other motels at this exit, I would stay at one of them not here.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Check in took half hour only 1 person working. could not get the internet working. the front desk was no help. The bathroom ceiling was rusty the fan was not working. The bathtub drain was pluged. tried a calling card from the room and that did not work. Finally had to call from the front desk. Next thing the bed only had a sheet on it no blanket. The lady at the front desk said it would take a half hour to get a blanket because she was the only 1 working. Never got the blanket. It was a terrable night after driving for 14 hours never again. One of the front desk trips we had to wait for the lady to get off the phone personal CALL. she compled about how busy she was.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2009

After about 7.5 hours driving from Atlanta on my way to Canada, I decided to call it a night. I pulled out my Blackberry and, using my Simultravel app, checked out the prices of hotels just off I-75 in Florence, KY. The Quality Inn looked like a good choice. All I needed was a comfortable bed in a quiet room and that's what I got. The front desk staff was very helpful and I was very satisfied. I paid only $55 for a comfortable stay.

The hallways were a bit dark and smelled of cigarettes but my room was clean, big and the bed comfortable. It seems to be an older hotel that has gone through some renovation.

The free breakfast was very good -- they even had a selection of juices (I loaded up on grapefruit), hard boiled eggs and a waffle maker! Much better than the standard fare one usually finds in these places.

I definitely recommend it for what it is -- a comfortable overnight spot just off I-75. Also a great location if you've got a flight out of Cinannati airport.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank GeorgiaOutdoorsDiva
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I stayed here after a evening Cincinnati Reds baseball game. It was close to the stadium and had an alright price ($80.15) with a significant organization discount. I think it was a little expensive for what I received. The parking lot was quite dark and The woman that checked me in was not very efficient. She told me that a convention was in town (for young people) and if I heard any noise at all, I needed to call the front desk. She did not seem to happy that these people were staying in the hotel. Upon parking, the back door did not shut correctly, so no room card had to be swiped to enter the back hall. I reported this security issue to the front desk and I was assured it was noted. The hotel is spit level, with no elevator. I would not recommend this hotel with anyone with a disability that prohibited them from ascending/descending stairs. My room (102) was close to the vending and ice machine, so I could hear it all night. There was a glass sliding door with a view of the pool that was inoperative (screwed shut) to the floor. Once we got to the room it was very clean and welcoming. The room was just renovated. It had new sheets and comforters. The room had two sinks -- one inside the bathroom, and one just outside. This is a very convenient feature! A microwave and refrigerator were provided. I needed to do laundry so I asked the front desk for quarters. They had no quarters for some reason and she sent me to the doughnut shop next door. Well, they were moping the floor, and didn't want to unlock the door, so I went to the BP on the other side of the doughnut shop. They could not open the cash register without a purchase, so I bought some chewing gum. On my way back to the hotel (to finally do some laundry) I walked by a police car that pulled over a car in the hotel's parking lot. One and a half hours later, and much hassle, I had clean clothes. The bed was comfortable that night. The breakfast the next morning was average (I would give it a B- rating). Strangely enough, this place has a barber shop right in the hotel. If I needed a haircut at the time, I would have gotten one for the kicks! I would stay here again to earn my Choice Privilege points, but I still think the price was expensive for what I got. And yes, I did chew the gum in the car on my way out. Lower the price, and I'll stay again!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hippo5
Reviewed July 29, 2008

My family stayed here for a recent weekend trip to Cincinnati. We had a total of three rooms.
The hotel is still under construction in many areas. The room was neat, but the bathroom needed cleaning. The pool area is old and in need of updating. The staff could do much better. My brother in law left his bag in my room and the front desk gave him a key to my room without ever asking for identification of any kind. Good thing I trust him!!!
For the price we could have stayed at a number of other hotels in this area that look much cleaner and nicer for the price.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family