“Truckers haven”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The truckers love this place because of the large parking lot and the very good breakfast. The rooms are old but updated. We had to change rooms because the room they gave us the bed spread was covered with dog hair. They were very apologetic and gave us a clean room right away. The only rooms for handi-cap are in the back of the motel and a long way from breakfast area. They are trying to improve the parking area with new blacktop in the front and for a little more security, thats were I parked.

Room Tip: very large inn,
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife's family were heading to Northern Kentucky for a family reunion, and we needed a hotel room close to the reunion site. Since I have been building up points through Choice Hotels, they were my first option. The Quality Inn in Florence met the criteria for location and price. And in fact, it worked out very well in those respects. The hotel is just off I-75 in Florence and right on US 42/Dixie Highway. It was convenient for our purposes and was close to shopping and restaurants.
The Quality Inn looks good from the street, but the inside is a different story. The common areas in the hotel are pretty tired and worn. My mother-in-law had a smoking room on the second floor. There's no elevator and she had to navigate a number of steps to get to her room. The hallways aren't well lit or marked, and there are a lot of missing numbers on the doors. In addition, the carpets in the hallways are rather dirty. There is an outdoor pool, which I didn't get a chance to use. But when I walked out to look at the pool, I discovered that the card readers on the doors were broken, so I had to go around to the front to get back in. The Breakfast area was clean and well-kept, and the breakfast offerings were the standard Choice Hotels offerings – not stellar, but good and reliable. I would also add that the front-desk staff was very courteous and professional.
Our rooms were better, but still showed signs of wear and tear. The rooms were at least clean, the beds were comfortable, and the TVs worked fine. Both rooms had a mini refrigerator, and my mother-in-law's room had a microwave. There were lots of signs of unattended wear and tear around the edges, however – A torn screen on the window, water-stained ceiling tiles, a leaky faucet on the tub, a toilet-paper holder that had pulled off the wall, and sink faucets in both bathrooms which were very hard to turn on. None of these items rendered the rooms unacceptable, but along with everything else these issues indicate a lack of maintenance.
In short, the Quality Inn Florence worked out fine for one night, but I wouldn't make a point of staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank appellatereview
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We recently completed a weekend stay to attend the Macy's Music Festival. Despite all the negative reviews, we decided to give this hotel a try because not even 2 weeks ago, we stayed in a Quality Inn in Virginia. There was ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON!

BELIEVE what you read in the reviews! The hotel is in need of major renovations. The rooms are filthy, bathrooms molded, stains on both towels and sheets (and where they are supposed to be white sheets, they appear tan). Upon check-in we had to request the sheets to be changed. The sheets that were put on the bed were worse off than the sheets that were on the bed to begin with!!

Our key card did not work! A housekeeping staff saw us trying to access our room. Her advice, "jiggle the card up and down and it should work". Really? We tried it, it worked, but should a guest really have to do that. The access doors are always proped open because according to staff, when the sun shines on the key pad, it prevents it from working. Problem is, the sun was not shining on this part of the building.

Continental breakfast...do NOT even get me started on that!!! I do not think I have EVER been in a hotel that utilized PLASTIC PLATES for breakfast! They even had the audacity to leave the store bought donuts in the original package that they came in!!

We traveled with another couple. Their room was a little better than ours. It appeared cleaner and they even had a microwave. When we went to the front desk to request a microwave in our room, we were told that not all rooms are required to have one. Either you get one or you don't. It's that simple.

I could go on and on but really there is no need. BELIEVE THE REVIEWS and save yourself the frustration!

Signed Room 135

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LaTonga
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I booked this room because of a few good online reviews. The room we had was certainly not equal to the positive comments I read. My 3 granddaughters and I stayed here. Teens usually don't care about the state of their surroundings, but we all agreed this was the worst place we could have stayed. The entrance we were directed to was covered with rust, and the exterior security system did not work. Anyone could access rooms in that area. The mat at the entrance was filthy and curled in such a way we had to step over it. We found mold on the ceiling of the bathroom, a mildewed shower curtain, cobwebs in place of bulbs in some light fixtures, corroded bath fittings, dirty floors, grimey air conditioner, molding separating from the wall, and the like. Only two towels were provided. The breakfast was extensive, but we didn't try most of the food. My shoes stuck to the carpet from all the spilled juice. At checkout the staff person apologized when I voiced my displeasure, and she asked us to return. I told her that was not likely to happen. As my 14-year-old granddaughter commented, " 'Quality' should not be part of this hotel's name."

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Donna G
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel since it was under the Choice Hotels name. This place was a DUMP! The first room we were in had peeling of the wallpaper, stained sheets, mold in bathroom, holes in carpet and just nasty in general. We moved to another room that was a little better, but not much. We still had the holes in the carpet and mold in the restroom along with a toilet seat that was pretty gross. As a female I refused to even sit on the toilet seat the entire time we were there. The whole hotel just was dirty and very much needed repairs done. You will see places needing painting, broken windows, and vents not secured to the building where the air conditioning units are. I don't think this place has had any money spent on it in about 20 years! I did not want to spend time in this room at all and was very happy when we checked out. My husband also found a large millipede in our bathroom. ICK!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SHAWN D
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My first visit to this hotel was about 4 months ago. The staff her are amazing and my room has become my 2nd home. The staff go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect. I have not had any issues the entire time. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who comes to visit the florence area. I have been here for 4 months on a weekly basis and would never think about going anywhere else. I am going to miss all the staff when I am done with work. But I will always atop by just to say Hi.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Liz B
Reviewed May 7, 2012

While on the interstate, in the midst of a hail storm we used Hotwire to locate a hotel. We chose the closest 2 1/2 star hotel, which happen to be this one hotel. The hotel was absolutely fithly and in poor repair. Body fluids stains were on three beds in two different rooms, the tubs were gray, spider webs, peeling wallpaper, exposed drywall. It was hideous.

Because I booked through Hotwire, I was obligated to review another room. It was just as bad. I left, without resolving with Hotwire and spent over 45 minutes on hold with them, another 40 to 60 minutes talking about the situation and was told I would be contacted to process my refund. It has been three days and I haven't heard from them.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family