“Filthy Florence KY @ Quality Inn and Suites”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
“Filthy Florence KY @ Quality Inn and Suites”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

While on the interstate, in the midst of a hail storm we used Hotwire to locate a hotel. We chose the closest 2 1/2 star hotel, which happen to be this one hotel. The hotel was absolutely fithly and in poor repair. Body fluids stains were on three beds in two different rooms, the tubs were gray, spider webs, peeling wallpaper, exposed drywall. It was hideous.

Because I booked through Hotwire, I was obligated to review another room. It was just as bad. I left, without resolving with Hotwire and spent over 45 minutes on hold with them, another 40 to 60 minutes talking about the situation and was told I would be contacted to process my refund. It has been three days and I haven't heard from them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Gail H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
clearwater
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I felt very comfortable here, the staff was very friendly, and most helpful, the room was clean, and I got a great nights sleep. I was very impressed with the breakfast, I didn't want to leave, I will come back and stay longer the next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chad r
Corbin, Kentucky
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Aside from the very convienient location, this hotel is just plain awful.
Stayed one night, which was more than enough time spent in this place.
Hotel is very large, and lobby fairly attractive, but rooms and hallways are dark, dingy, dirty and musty.
We were assigned a room in rear of hotel, and instructed to drive to back parking lot. Parking lot full of holes, tractor trailers and unlit. Felt very unsafe in parking lot. When tried to enter, key card would not open entrance door. Drove back to front desk and informed clerk, who was uninterested. Just stayed parked in front and walked through three long corridors to our room.
Room was not very clean - carpet/ furniture surfaces/ alatm clock, etc.
bathroom ceiling covered in mold above shower. Deadbolt on door difficult to lock.

Breakfast buffet was kind of icky as well - food/ crumbs in floor, on counters, trash cans overflowing.

Stayed here as was convenient to airport, and toughed it out as was only one night- but will never, ever stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank jeqrn26
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The hotel is situated in a big lot with no fence or landscaping in a rundown neighborhood. It is an older property that is not well maintained. The side doors did not lock properly even at night so anybody could wander inside the hotel. The building is the shape of a U with the pool in the middle. Getting a room facing the pool and see people with family playing around makes it feel a little safer but not by much. All it all, this place does not deserve a Quality Inn name.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, ask for a room that open to the pool. Definitely avoid any room facing ou...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Just before I wrote this piece, I spotted a review with the word MURDER in the title. To me right off the bat tells me that this individual is a little off. Why would anyone even thing to use a word like that in the title or in the review at all? It is completely illogical, not applicable and just down right foolish. Judging by her lack of writing ability and lack of fore thought, one just cant take her nor her review seriously at all.
Moving on, I stayed here for 10 consecutive days while on business and have all positive opinions as to the accommodations, cleanliness and staffing.
Quality Inn is very well positioned in the pricing structure as compared to the other 4-5 local Inn's, I do have a large dog that only cost a few additional dollars per day, the staff was so affectionate to my pet, who benefits from attention.
The staff was attentive to the tune of moving microwaves and chairs to my liking, when I wanted to change rooms after a few nights. Price is an important to me, but I feel the quality of the service supersedes that and that is what you will receive at this Quality Inn location.
The WiFi is segmented into 6 zones and is lightning fast and no additional log in info like many other hotel networks require.
The continental breakfast is super, plus you get a free Wall Street Journal ($2.00 value) Eggs-biscuits-sausage and make your own waffles, cereal bagels and more from 6:30 to 11:00, very clean, which is replenished regularly. When I ate out, the front desk attendants printed up directions. Clean and well maintained rooms with quality beds.
Overall a fantastic value and

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank glen v
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We arrived at 2:30 am and were pretty tired. Danny the night auditor couldn't have been nicer to us. The room was very comfortable and we had a pleasant nights rest. So pleasant that we again stopped at this Quality Inn on our way home only arriving at 12:30 am this time. Danny again smiled and greeted us as if we were family. The morning General Manger Sonja is a sweetheart as is the Housekeeping Supervisor Aundrea. They are friendly, considerate people who you are glad to have met when you are traveling away from home.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank marian k
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I planned to stay in the Florence area on our way to Louisville, Kentucky. So of course I didn't book any rooms before hand, did not search reviews, pretty much took a flying leap. The front of the hotel looked very nice & convenient right off the highway, the room was $60 a night. Figured why not, the staff was pleasant and since it was almost midnight, no sense looking for another place. As we drove around to the back of the hotel to our room, there were truckers everywhere & no lights in the parking lot. Our room smelled like someone died in it, the wallpapaer was falling off the walls, the towels were stained yellow and had chunks on it. Very nasty! Both of us slept on top on the covers do to the yellow stained pillows. It was a very strange hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple