“Great service, great food”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #13 of 229 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Crothersville, Indiana
“Great service, great food”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our server was professional and very good at what she does. The food was very good and the burnt tips were far better than I expected. My only complaint about the restaurant has to do with the building maintenance itself. When entering the restroom area there is a strong sewage odor that isn't noticable in the actual restrooms, however I must've become sensitized to it because I noticed it in the restaurant area for the rest of our meal. We were seated very close to the restrooms so I would request a table far from this area if possible. Otherwise it was a pleasant experience.

Independence, KY
“Service was HORRIBLE”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our server complained the whole time about employees that she worked with. She was very snobby and had an attitude. When it came to the end of the meal instead of asking if we wanted dessert she said "You don't want some bread pudding or brownie, do you" WOW What a way to sell the dessert.
Food was good and tasty. Service was bad.

Covington, KY
“Yeah, it's a chain. But I'm sorry I hadn't visited before now.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Ok, I can be a bit of a snob when it comes to chains. When I travel I tend to avoid them unless it's for something very specific (Denny's for breakfast, for example). I like to try locally-owned restaurants when I travel. Well, I live in this area (been here for 7 years) but had never tried Famous Dave's. I pass it every time I come to this part of Florence to shop. This time I wanted to try something different for lunch. I'm glad I stopped in. The BBQ was delicious. The menu is pretty big and they serve several different styles of BBQ. We each got the lunch platter with 2 meats, a side and cornbread. I had St Louis ribs and Hot Link Sausage. My friend had the sausage and boneless wings. We shared an appetizer of Burnt Ends (comes with some onion fries, pickled onions and a skimpy serving of Famous Dave's great, spicy pickles). The burnt ends were really good. The brisket was tasty and the edges were crispy. But the star of this meal was the sausage. The ribs were really good but the sausage was great. On the table there's a selection of 6 different BBQ sauces. We tried them but they weren't needed for our meal since everything had a tasty sauce on it. Service was friendly and the food arrived in good order. So don't be a chain snob - check out Famous Dave's some time.

Kentucky
“what? Huh?”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

It is NOT the best restaurant in the area. IF you are traveling here or will be staying here then please do not buy into this. go to yelp and check there - it too is distorted by the horrible taste most people around here have (e.g. olive garden is considered quality cuisine for many of these folks) but it is more accurate than tripadvisor I'm afraid. This place is fine for BBQ but it isn't even the best for that....

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank newellgster
Union, Kentucky
“love the BBQ, would die for the sausages”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

a kick back atmosphere, yet I have no problem bring the family or business associates for lunch or dinner. I the title says the BBQ is good to very good, the sausages are to die for. I haven't have any of the BBQ meats that I was disappointed with. Baked beans are a tad soupy, but very tasty. Like the cornbread, but nothing special. Good salads if you are in the mood for one.

• Visited September 2013