“A great stay.”

Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“A great stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

A great stay. The staff made me feel like family. The location makes for easy return to the interstate without the noise. No shortage of options for eating out.The free breakfast was tasty and the hostess was wonderful. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We are thrilled that you had a great stay at the Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport South! Our staff put extra effort into making sure all guests feel welcome and at home, and we are so happy you appreciate their attention to service and guest satisfaction. Please visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is one of the older Hampton properties. My stay was OK except for my room. It was a really drafty room and the windows leaked. Honestly, I didn't notice this issue until I was in already in bed and was not in the mood to change rooms. I was at the point of no return. My bags were unpacked, clothes ironed, and I wasn't in the mood to change rooms. So in many ways, it was my my fault for not changing rooms.

The people working there were fine. My room was clean and my room had an old bathroom.

Would I stay here again? That's a great question. I probably would if the rate was right.

Do yourself a favor and have dinner at Miyoshi on Bankers Street. That was the best part of staying at the hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent visit at our property. We strive to be excellent in our accommodations and service, not average. We are sorry that you experienced a draft in your room. Certainly, we want our guests to be comfortable at all times. We do hope we have the opportunity to see you again, and can make your experience memorable for all of the right reasons!
Lititz, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

On multiple occasions it was made clear to me that airline staff was a higher priority than regular guests. This applied to breakfast availability, shuttle service, and wait times. The rooms were decent, and location was ok if you had to walk around town. I'm just used to feeling like a true guest at Hilton locations, vs. an inconvenience compared to others. No mention of my silver status with Hilton...I understand that's not near the highest level, but I always assumed my 2-3 weeks worth of stays at a Hilton a year amounted to something. Not at this location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
On behalf of the Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport South staff, we wish to extend our sincerest apologies for the service you experienced at our hotel. We always take great pride in showing our appreciation and loyalty to all of our guests, and unfortunately your experience was less than perfect. That is not acceptable to us. We do appreciate being able to speak with you in person regarding this matter, and thank you for taking the time to explain your concerns. We also thank you for subsequent compliments you provided in regards to our staff following additional nights at this property.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff at this hotel is one of the best I have ever seen; from the General Manager, the Front Office manager, the breakfast hostess and everyone else we encountered while there. This has been an amazingly friendly hotel to stay at. Also, the location is close to about everything one needs when traveling.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
The staff of the Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport sends a big thank you for your compliments. It is always our pleasure to provide the best possible service for our guests, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you again very soon!
livonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was given a room by the stairs and I should have requested a change but it was too late. I was tired and ready for bed when I started to hear steps and voices from the stairs when someone is using it going up and down the stairs. Very thin wall and voice is very clear. Avoid this room location. Other than that service and room are very good. Breakfast has a good variety. Will come back to the hotel again but request room away from the stairs and maybe elevator.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments regarding your experience at the Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport South. We appreciate that you, like many of our other guests, are pleased with the variety and quality of our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We apologize that you could hear other guests during your stay. If your travels bring you back to the Northern Kentucky area, we would love to host you again and would ensure you a room in a different location. Thanks again for your kind words regarding our staff and rooms!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a one night stay at this hotel and I was not impressed. It is in a very convenient location if you need to be by the airport. Just off the freeway and located next to a lot of restaurants and shopping centers, Target, Walmart, etc.

While it looks like its been renovated fairly recently, it seems mostly superficial or cosmetic. Looking at the doors, locks, paint, etc. You can see the underlyings of a very old hotel.

Upon check in I called and asked for some extra sheets and towels and was told that they do not have Housekeeping at the hotel or at least not full time. I was told someone would bring it up in a few minutes. I was on my way out but decided to wait until they came. Some time went by and no one showed up. I had to call back and request that they just leave it in the room as I was now running late.

When I got back to my room, which was very late, past midnight, I found some problems with my room. The mini blinds were old, and looked like they either had a heavy layer of dust or some sort of grime. I also found the stopper in my sink was broken and water wouldnt drain properly. I was only going to be there until morning so I didnt bother to call and switch rooms.

Breakfast downstairs seemed below standard Hampton Inn fare. The eggs offered were extremely dry. I know all Hampton Inns use some sort of powdered egg, but these were completely not edible. The sausage patties was also really greasy and the fruit had a strange consistency. They didnt seem to have many options.

The fitness room is nicely equipped with 2 treadmills an elliptical and a bike as well as free weights and a balance ball.

Also, one thing I found strange was that the doors to the rooms, at least mine, do not shut behind you automatically. It drags on the carpet and get stuck wide open unless you make sure to pull it close. This can be problematic if youre a frequent traveller and are used to the door closing automatically. While my guess is that this is to decrease noise of doors slamming, I personally found this a little unsafe.

One of the reasons I love the Hampton Inn is that they generally are about their guests and will try to fix problems with their guarantee. Upon check out I was not asked how my stay was or if there were any problems. I didnt see the standard guarantee plaque that all other Hamptons have, so wasnt sure if they offer the same so I didnt bother saying anything. Perhaps Ill call the corporate office to let them know of the problems. I can only give this hotel a limited recommendation. Its convenient and good for a one night stay if youre not going to be in your room much but Id say only worth it if your rate is less than 80/night.

• Stayed February 2013
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this constructive feedback. The Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport South does take all guest comments very seriously, and it is clear that your stay did not meet the expectations you had for the Hampton Inn brand. We apologize that you did not receive service in a timely manner and that you did not find quality in our breakfast selection. We appreciate that you recognized our recent upgrades to our Fitness Center and convenient location to various restaurants and stores. However, we failed to provide an exemplary guest experience. We would like to offer you a 100% guarantee if you could please contact us directly so that we can further address your concerns and obtain your specific stay information.
Morgantown, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have not even stayed at this hotel, but already the service has been outstanding! Jeff was the one to answer my call when I was looking for a deal on a Perfect North Slopes weekend. He went above and beyond to make sure we had exactly what we needed and had a great personality! A few days later when I realized our route was going to cause us to go an hour out of our way to go to the hotel first (to get our tickets), Jeff again was the one to bend over backwards to ensure this didn't happen! Not once did I feel like he was bothered by my request(s), it is truly refreshing to know that great customer service exists! Thank You Jeff!! You Rock!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your compliments and recognizing that excellent customer service should start the moment you contact a hotel! Our Perfect North ticket and room packages are quite popular, and we are thrilled that our Front Desk staff took such wonderful care of you before and during your visit! We want all of our guests to be able to relax and enjoy themselves during their leisure stays. Our Front Desk staff is always eager to go above and beyond to help our guests have a pleasant experience in the area. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South? Share your experiences!