“Excellent location & super friendly staff!”

Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Excellent location & super friendly staff!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I've stayed here multiple times & will continue to. The staff is so welcoming & friendly, and extremely helpful with any questions, requests, directions, whatever you need. The location is great, centrally located amongst shopping, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed January 2012
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much taking time to provide feedback on your experience with our hotel. We appreciate your business and your time.

We know there are lots of choices out there and our staff understands the imporance of standing out when it comes to service and willingness to help.

Thanks again for the business and the feedback and we'll pass on your comments immediately to our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago
Reviewed December 1, 2012

If you are feeling tired and worn out, this is your hotel. It is tired and worn out too. I stayed here in late November, 2012 and found the room to be really worn down. It is also very load and you could hear every car passing by. I was on my cell phone and a fire truck drove by with its sirens blaring. The person on the other end of the phone asked if everything was OK - he heard the firetruck too. I paid $130 for night. I would not return unless it was the price of Motel 6. Go elsewhere. However, in all fairness the front desk staff was very friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask if they have any renovated rooms.
1 Thank penpalpenpal
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear PenPal,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. We know how busy our guests are and appreciate this time and effort.

We really enjoy hearing that our staff was friendly and efficient during your visit and will certainly share those comments with the team. That's so important to our success.

But, of course, we are disappointed that you were not pleased with your accommodations in general as far as condition of the room feeling tired and worn. Those are not comments we typically hear because of recent renovations. Hopefully, you enjoyed our beautiful new Perfect Mix Lobby and breakfast area. We're also sorry about any outside noise and hope it didn't keep you from getting the sleep you needed.

We'll pass on your valuable comments to both maintainence & housekeeping crew and our corporate office as well.

Once again thank you for taking time to share this so we can continue to improve.
Lima, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've stayed here for a few nights now and there is definately something that I have noticed. There is a girl here, she's a bigger girl I believe she may be the manager, but she is very unfriendly. She just seems to unnerve me. Also something else is that when I come down to get some tea so I can sleep a lot of time there isn't any hot water for me to use.

But there is a guy at the front desk, Jeff I believe his name was, and he was just delightful. He gave me a smile and just improved my whole day he just let me talk to him and made my day so much better. There's always hot coffee and tea when he's there and he always makes sure that my favorite pomegrante tea is there so I can have some. He is such a doll and made my whole stay so much better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear “Brittany B.”

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent visit. I'm sorry and a also a bit surprised that you did not feel a warm impression from one of our team members. That is absolutely crucial and we will discuss your specific comments with our Guest Services Team, including the wonderful impression that Jeffrey left with you.

Every encounter counts, doesn't it? Please come back and see us again soon and we'll make certain that there's always hot coffee and pomegrante tea for you.

Thanks for staying with us.
Decatur, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here on a recent visit to Cincinnati found the staff friendly and the rooms newly renovated. Convenient to the mall but also to several decent restaurants. Will definitely put this on my list when visiting the Cincinnati area as the place to stay for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Joel A.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on your recent stay. We understand how busy our customers are and appreciate this feedback. It's vital to our success.

It's really enjoyable for our staff to have someone back with us who is experiencing these extensive renovations for the first time. Everyone is so proud of our beautiful hotel. But we strive every day for positive comments about friendly service and consistency in our product.

Thanks again for your time and comments.
Salem, Indiana
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have went to Cincy twice in the last month and stayed for Red's games. Both times we stayed at the Hampton. Rooms were clean, staff was great! They provide breakfast. But we did not have the opportunity to eat there. We will definitely stay there again next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandyctown
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Hello Charleston,

Thank you so much for taking time to comment about your recent stays with us while in town for recent Reds Games. We appreciate your positive comments about our room cleanliness and great staff. We've passed on your comments to everyone, which makes them very proud. When you come back please make sure you take time to also enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast and this great outdoor pool.

Thank you for your business.
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently had to stay at this location while they were fixing my home. I was always greeted "home away from home" with a smile from you wonderful staff. One day in particular I was having a bad day and Jeff made sure that I had coffee and a cookie. This location does not only run a efficient business, but a wonderful Homestead. If I must ever stay at a Hampton again for any purpose I am going to pick the Hampton/Hilton brand. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John F
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us during your home repairs. We're really pleased that we succeeded in giving you a "home away from home" feeling during a likely difficult time. We will make certain that Jeffrey and the rest of our staff know of your compliments and kind words.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This Hampton is an older building. Interior room walls are concrete. It was clean, and breakfast was fine. Everything worked. Staff was nice.

It was a bit annoying finding a note in my room to the tune of "Dear (generic) Friend: You are so special to us and we are so glad you are here...blah blah blah." That is insincere and unnecessary. Then they emphasized it with a shorter but similar message on the mirror written in (I assume) fake lipstick. I don't know if that is management strategy, or housekeeping hinting for more tips, but it is overdone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael M
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Good afternoon,

We really appreciate you taking time to submit a review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry if you felt in any way patronized by our personalized notes. Every guest is very important to us, and our General Manager will discuss this impression with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what we are known for: truly award-winning hospitality. Thank you once again for your constructive comments. It's so important that we hear how our actions impact a guest's stay so we can share and train.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.