“A very good stop.”

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Florence
Waupaca
“A very good stop.”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This was a good choice and easy on and off the interstate and easy to get to the place we were going to visit. Not any restaurants next to the motel, but there was a grocery store near by with a deli, which was sufficient. Our room was clean and well appointed. The linens were white and soft. But--once again a loose toilet seat. Our breakfast was very good and more than enough choices. We would recommend this motel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Rural GA
Reviewed March 17, 2012

On a trip north for a funeral I picked this hotel due to price. On the way home, we stayed for the amenities and the mattress. (A coupon in one of those I-75 travel books picked up at the rest area saved us another $20 so don't forget to look!)

The king size bed we slept in both nights were absolutely comfortable. Despite some road noise (yes, it is right by the 75), the mattress lulled me to sleep. We loved having a refrigerator to keep soda and snacks cool. TV has a good variety of channels. The place was clean and well kept with lots of hot water.

Don't get me wrong.. you can't confuse this hotel with a 5 star. The bathrooms are tiny, the continental breakfast needs some type of protein (lots of starch!). But you can't beat this place for the price, the service and the accommodations. Highly recommended for overnight.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Someone_special_GA
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I had stayed at other hotels in this area in this price range and I was expecting a well worn room and less than polite staff. But, I needed a place to stay after a late arrival at CVG.

Boy, was I surprised.

The parking lot was well lit, the lobby was clean, the hallways were bright, and the room was fantastic. New carpeting, furniture, and a great, firm bed. The bath was redone and was in good condition. Plenty of coffee and other supplies were in the room. My only problem was the heater worked a bit too well.

The breakfast was still a carb-fest, but it was good, and had a lot of alternatives. A Frisch's is very close by if a protein breakfast is desired.

I usually don't fly from CVG because DAY and CMH are usually less expensive, but if I fly out early or arrive back late again, this will be my home. I'll have to see if there is transit service to Great American Ballpark. If there is, this would be a place I'd stay. Also, if I want to watch the ponies at Turfway.

Room Tip: Upper floors have interior halls (this is an ex-Fairfield property).
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Indian River, Michigan
Reviewed March 2, 2012

After reading Travel Advisor reviews, I selected the Florence Days Inn, for an overnight stay February 26. The motel itself was clean and appeared to be well cared for including the breakfast buffet and eating area. The room, which is my main concern, didn't dissappoint. It was clean, fresh, the water was hot, the bed comfortable, the WIFI conection was excellent (1st floor), the TV worked, as did the heating/air conditioning unit. There was also an microwave, mini fridge, ironing board and iron,

I am not going to try and find faults as it is a motel along the expressway and you have to expect road and guest noise. Maybe a upper floor away from the expressway might be a consideration if you are a lite sleeper. For a value priced overnight stay, I don't think you could find better and yes I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Although it is close to exit 182 and the expressway, it takes some seeking out to find.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank jctusa
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stayed 3 nights and the room was clean and well kept. It's in a good location. Just across the freeway are a lot of different restaurants. The staff there are extremely friendly and helpful. As I said, it's an excellent choice for the money.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank iame2
South Dakota
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We unexpectedly needed to stay the night in the Florence area and booked here based on reasonable reviews and low price. Our expectations weren't high, and we were only there to sleep, but It was a surprisingly decent choice.

The parking and front walk areas were cleaned of ice and snow. Front desk staff were pleasant. Our room was clean and smelled nice, including all bedding and carpeting (obviously newer); the bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. Wifi was fast; tv was older but offered an abundance of cable channels. Bathroom was on the small side; the shower had hot water with okay pressure; toiletries were mediocre (but we always bring our own).

Our room was on the third floor (yes, there is an elevator) with an interior entrance (it appears that rooms on the first and second floors have only exterior entrances). We could hear some voices from the hallway and some traffic from the highway, but we slept well. The alarm clock worked, the sleep timer on the tv remote did not. We noted that the laundry room was accessible from outside and only with a room key; the snack machine within was stocked and worked. There is also an outdoor pool (covered for winter).

Breakfast was adequate; we did not anticipate a cooked-to-order meal as, after all, this is Days Inn, not Embassy Suites, but it was just fine to get us ont the road, consisting of coffee, juice, milk; oatmeal and hot chocolate in packets; apples; bread for toasting; small muffins; three types of fresh pastries; two types of cereal; and batter for the waffle iron (quite possibly the cleanest waffle press I've seen in any hotel). The breakfast counters, tables, and general area were clean (as was the lobby and small office area), with a flat screen featuring a news channel.

This Days Inn is showing bits of wear here and there; the wall pictures are generic and odd; the furniture is not top of the line; and the decorative flowers are plastic not real. But for the price (half of what other hotels were charging), I'd give it a thumbs up in its economy class and is a bargain if you need to crash for the night.

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd floor if you want interior door and the west end of the hotel if you dislike highway noi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank goseedo
Galena, IL
Reviewed November 20, 2011

After a 12 hour drive with a 9 month old we decided to stop at a hotel and sleep. I did a small amount of research on hotels.com and found this diamond. It was 2 am when we arrived, the clerk was super accommodating to the price I quoted him, and he was kind enough to give us the first room outside the front desk door on the ground level. And our room had a fridge to store formula for baby!!! I was a very clean room, with what could of only been brand new carpet. We did not fret about our baby crawling around on the floor in the morning to stretch his legs before getting back in the car. We would recommend this place as 5 star and will stay again on our travels to Knoxville!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family