“Dated Hilton in need of renovation”

Hilton Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Humble, Texas
“Dated Hilton in need of renovation”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The CVG Hilton Property is one of the most dated Hilton's I've stayed at. Staff was always professional and helpful, though--no complaints with them. I didn't understand why all the dirty linens were placed in the hallway for extended periods of times--throughout every floor, including the 1st Floor after cleaning--even at 4pm on Friday afternoon? Room 505 could use some TLC. Bathtub didn't drain properly--great water pressure, though; missing door on closet; phone on desk was unplugged, however, when I plugged in to check out--still no dial tone; Elevators contained expired Inspection notices. Property could definitely use a renovation as it's not up to the Hilton Brand/Standard. Obviously, the rate was the determining factor when selecting a hotel for our four night stay. The CVG Marriott rate was essentially the same, thus I would more than likely chose that property next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay and appreciate your kind words on our service and staff. We apologize for the issues you encountered with comfort and atmosphere and assure you we have addressed the issues with our housekeepers. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The location was perfectly located closely to the CVG airport, yet no airport noise was noticed in the room. The staff was great, though there weren't enough to check in the crowd in to their rooms (only 2 staff members for 10 or so people in line). The room as roomy and clean. The pool was large and a indoor pool. Great lobby that had plenty of tables and chair to hangout outside the room. I would stay again if need before an early flight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Florence, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stay in the area at least twice a month for work, and usually stay at a different hotel. I figured I would change it up and try the Hilton. Unfortunately the room smelled and they gave my room away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Marysville, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We decided to take a mini-vacation, so we decided to travel to New Port Aquarium and looked for hotels in the area. The Hilton Airport came up on the list and exceeded what we needed for a hotel. Our stay there was great and what our 5 year old needed to have fun.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The front desk people where very friendly. However, I requested a non-smoking room and received a non-smoking room. However, the hallway smelled like smoke. By the time I walked from the elevator to my room, my clothes smelled like smoke.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were attending a family birthday party. The room where the party was held was great and the staff had done an excellent job decorating, etc. The food was outstanding. Since we were from out of town we had reserved a room for the night. The first room we were given smelled terribly like mold. We immediately went to the desk and were given another room. The attendant was very professional and nice about this. The second room did not smell and was okay. Not up to typical Hilton standards. The bathroom was very old. There were no rails for getting into the tub. No safety strips in the bottom of the tub, most had worn off. Doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that when you first arrived to our hotel you found an unpleasant odor of mold in the first room you checked in. I can assure you that this is this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain and sincerely apologize for this. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Pembroke Pines, Fl.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just completed a stay of 4 nights. Hotel was Ok, typcial corporate hotel. Good location not far from the airport (15 minute drive). The excercise room was not very large 2 treadmiils, 1 eliptical machine one stationary bike. There were no other machine, just free weights. I the morning to crowded to workout.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground floor rooms and front of the building ( the hotel spot lights shine into the r...