New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Not very pleased. Terrible smell in hallway. Needs to be updated.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cincinnati Airport

Hilton Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not very pleased. Terrible smell in hallway. Needs to be updated.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Rooms were large, once you made it past the terrible smell it the hallway on the first floor. Clean rooms but outdated. Family stayed in the room but only 2 towels were in each room. Had to get room service to bring up more. Location was nice area, close to shops and food. They allow pets to stay in this hotel and I believe the smell was from the animals that stayed on the first floor. Carpet on first floor hallway was stained. We stayed on the 3rd floor and no smell was present, otherwise we would have left. We used another entrance to get to our room to avoid the smell. I have stayed at this hotel in the past, but it has dissappointed our stay this time.

Room Tip: Higher rooms keep you away from getting rooms that had pets in them.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was disappointed that you had some inconveniences while staying with us. I understand that you found our property to be somewhat dated and that there was a bad odor in the hallway. I truly regret if you were disappointed in any way and sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and I apologize if we did not deliver this for you. We are always listening to our guests and I assure you that your feedback will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed two nights at this Hilton and, in that time, had a broken phone that was never fixed, a room that was not cleaned when I asked, no new linens provided and was next door to a conference room that was being used for an after prom party. The prom kids were so loud that I was awake from 4:30 until 7:30, at which time I just checked out. I emailed and called the manager and they refuse to call or email back. Just a horrible hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Katie N
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I was reading the other reviews so I knew the hotel was not renovated and braced myself to expect the worst.

The hotel itself needs to be renovated, specially the bathroom. It wasn't like it was totally dirty but you can tell the bathroom specially the tub has seen better days. Too much re cauking .

One plus in the bathroom wa the make up mirror. Thank you but all the lights were not working.

The entire furniture and decor was worned out. The air conditioner was very loud. I turned it on and immaculate turned it off due to the noise. I grabbed the blanket which wa cleaned and sleep very well.

Overall for one or two nights, the hotel is good. For a weekend getaway, I don't think so.

• Stayed February 2013
      Cleanliness
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you found our property to be somewhat dated in need of renovations. I am so sorry if you found your bathroom to need some updating as well as the furniture decor. I was especially disappointed that you’re A/C unit was not working properly. I thank you for bringing-up these issues to my attention so that I can follow up with our maintenance crew. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Pedro, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The titlle says it all. Staff was very friendly (even in the restaurant) and helpful, room was great. An hour and a half spent waiting for food in the restaurant because we were to lazy (and because I was afraid of getting lost, which is one of my talents) to go to a restaurant nearby (and there are plenty).

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

...reading some of the other reviews of this hotel after staying there has me wondering.

We had to find an hotel near Cincinnati airport after our flight from Cancun to Boston was rebooked via this airport due to the snow storm. We wanted an hotel with a shuttle and the price was great.

The shuttle was waiting for us outside the terminal building and ten minutes later we were in the lobby and checked in within perhaps two minutes.

Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable and we would have been hard pushed to find fault with anything. We then turned our attention to food.

The hotel restaurant was extremely pleasant, airy and well decorated. service was prompt, food very good and prices extremely reasonable. Breakfast the following morning was decent and well worth the $12.95 for the elaborate buffet.

Granted this does not rival a city center Hilton or even one close to a larger airport, but this is Cincinnati, not JFK or even Boston Logan. There was no musty smell as previous reviewers indicated and I tried my best to detect one! Perhaps my standards are low, but having stayed at beautiful hotels in Canada, Europe and Canada, I hardly think so.

Did I mention the friendly staff? Perhaps the hotel's best feature.

Come on people, get real!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Corinth, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Was a great place for a couple get away for just a weekend! Nice and clean and trust me I look!!! I live about 1 hour away and just needed a weekend to just us. Once we got there the hotel made it feel like a world away from home!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here one night on my way to visit relatives. I booked in advance and prepaid which gave me a pretty good rate. I travel often and usually stay at the Hilton chain of hotels and have been satisfied with them. This Hilton is old and needs to be remodeled. My room had a musty smell and the bathroom had mold on the grout in the bathtub. There was no vent or fan in the bathroom and the toilet was too close to the door and tub. The layout of the bathroom was horrible and there was no full length mirror in my room. If I stay in this area again, I would pick a different hotel.

Room Tip: If you do stay at this hotel, I would recommend a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am so sorry that your room had a musty smell and that there was mold in your bathroom. Your feedback is very important to us and I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention so that I can personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. I assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to make sure we provide our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
4.0 of 5 stars 544 reviews
Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence

Been to Hilton Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!