“just ok”

Hilton Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've stayed here a few times while traveling thru the area for business. The hotel has a great location and is close to dining, however the hotel doesn't feel like a hilton. The rooms are small and the hotel isn't updated. But for the vaule and for someone who just wants a place to sleep that has great access this is an acceptable hotel.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I just finished up a two night stay at this Hilton...and wow, the recent reviews are dead on! I was shocked at the lack of any attention to detail at this property.

I booked at a very low rate on Hotwire...$50/night. I use Hotwire all the time and love it, but even for Hotwire the price is extremely low, now I know why.

The hotel itself was fine...lobby was inviting, many computers, fire place, great staff etc. On the way to my room the halls were scattered with cups and trays, those same cups and trays were never removed. I saw the same cups and trays when I checked in, and when I checked out 2 days later.

This leads me to the bigger issue...the sewer gas smell!!! When I walked off the elevator onto the 4th floor, you are hit in the face with sewer gas, the smell is very strong and it lingered throughout my stay. I reported this to the front desk, and they were very aware of the issue. They claimed they are having a big problem with the city, and can not control the smell. I was moved to the other wing of the hotel and right away I noticed the smell did not exist. If you have a problem in one wing of the building, I find it unacceptable to allow people to book rooms in that wing until the problem is fixed.

I travel many nights per year, and have never stayed at a Hilton property where I have observed neglect to this caliber. Many other hotels are available in this area, I certainly will be passing up this Hilton for another choice!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AndyR19822
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand the freshness of your room on the 4th floor was of concern during your stay. Our guest satisfaction is my highest priority so I have brought your comments to our hotel team to resolve this issue. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel to the area.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The worst hotel stay that I have ever had and I estimate that I have stayed 4000 nights over the past 25 years. When I walked in, the lobby area is very nice and the front desk staff extremely friendly. I was sure this was going to be a great stay. However, the goodness stopped there. When I got off of the elevator for my 3rd floor room, I found several food trays outside of rooms to be picked up and many empty Busch beer cans on the floor along the wall up and down the hallway (there was an NFL football game the next day, so I put that off as something that happens on football Saturday). However, when I left the next day (20 hours later), they were all still on the floor with some additional discarded trays and cans.

If you choose this property be aware that they accept pets (that's fine with me), however, you also need to know that they have no policies or procedures that will deal with pets that bark or howl all evening.....apparently the dog owners went out to party for the evening and "there are laws that prevent us from entering the room if the guest is not there" is what the front desk told me ----- really???? This must present quite a challenge for housekeeping, which might help explain some of the cleanliness issues of my room. I went to bed at 11:00 to the sound of a dog barking and howling. After 3 hours of noise so loud that it prevented sleeping and 3 calls to the front desk, I went to the front desk at 2:00 and demanded a new room without having to pack up my belongings in my current room. I NEEDED SOME SLEEP! Also, a dog does not normall do this....I requested that someone check to see that there was not a problem with the dog....did he injure himself? They did not care!

They did give me a new room (at 2:00) and I was able to get 4 hours of sleep before starting my day the next morning. When I went to check out, the same friendly front desk was there and they addressed the noise issue before I even brought it up. They were quite apologetic and offered to comp the room (which I am sure that my company appreciated --- this was a business expense so it did not cost me a nickel if they offered compensation or not). If I wanted a cheap room, I would have stayed at Motel 6. I wanted a decent room where I could get a good night sleep......the Cincinnati Hilton did not deliver. I am a Diamond in the Hilton Honors program......if they treat Diamonds this way, I can only shutter to think how they treat those who are occasional travelers. I do not go to Cincinnati often, so I don't have any other hotel recommendations, however, I can tell you that it is hard to imagine a worse place if you want a restful nights sleep.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank go4profit
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel is really not up to Hilton standards. I felt bad for the hotel staff as they really try to accommodate for the physical shortcomings of this hotel. Very poor room quality with peeling pant and mold throughout the bathroom. Hotel was sold out so they were unable to change my room until the next day (would have thought that as a Diamond member this would have been otherwise but apparently not). Also the lack of a lounge and the inability to take breakfast from the buffet back to your room make the property further undesirable.

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I have been a Hilton customer for years and a Hilton diamond member for the past two years. I have to say this is the worst Hilton ever. I must have been too tired to complaint. Maybe it's because my room was all the way at the end of the hallway. We were looking for an overnight stay to break up the long drive from a fantastic vacation . Called the Hilton reservation desk and wanted a room with jacuzzi. Thy found one for us and conveniently located off I i-75 in Kentucky.

Unless your looking for a room with a jacuzzi that can fit 3 people, then my recommendation would be to look elsewhere. After check in, we left our bags in the room and set some beverages in the fridge before heading out for dinner. When we return into the room, there was this musky smell, smells just like the hallway. My wife with a cold also noticed it, we turned up the heat and hope it would get rid of it . i can't believe housekeeping or management didn't close down the section. They either have an issue with moisture somewhere. After unpacking, I looked at the bottom of my white socks an it was black. I quickly toss them into the laundry bag an pulled out my slippers. The jacuzzi tub is huge, the biggest I have ever seen in a Hilton hotel. That was the only good part I the stay. Outside the building, the hotel has flood lights to illuminate the building. The curtains in the room is just not sufficient to block out the light from entering the room. Had to use some of the pant hangers with the clamps in the closet to keep the curtains close.

Breakfast with Hilton is the typical buffet style with the normal offering. The decor is very modern with a nice view of the hey and parking lot. I have been eating omelette all week and thought I would get 2 fried eggs. I think they might have hired the chief from Danny's but I was not expecting my fried eggs to be greased slammed. I let the eggs drain for a while, I have at least two tea spoon full of grease. Today must have been a fruit and yogurt day.

When I checked out, I did tell the person behind the front desk of the issues. She apologize but I hope they fix the issues for the next guess. I will definitely avoid this hotel in the future. I go and stay in a holiday inn first before coming back.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Ken F
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place didn't seem very well kept. The staff was very friendly. The location is great because it's very close to the airport, the highway and lots of shopping and restaurants. The hotel had a really bad smell in the hallways and my colleague noticed it too. It smelled like sewage to me and it smelled like a dirty diaper to her. I also ordered room service for breakfast and the food was just ok, didn't seem very fresh. The walls seemed so thin, again, both myself and my colleague independently noticed that we can hear way too much next door. Would I stay here again? Probably not, there are many other options around that I would give them a try first before I decide to stay here again.

1  Thank CoptRWF
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. However, we would also like to apologize for the noise issues as well. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future as we would love another chance to provide a great stay.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have stayed at this Hilton several times. It was apparent this time that the hotel needs some maintenance attention. Check in went fairly smoothly, but when we got to the room the keys did not work and there were dirty cups in the hall outside the room. When I went down to get the new keys I was assured that the room was not occupied, which was accurate. However, the temperature control in the room did not work right. It would not get warm and the air kept going, even though it was on auto. They only give you two towels so we had to call for additional towels. The Kleenex box was almost empty, so we had to have a new one brought up. The items did come up, but it took over a half hour. The buffet for breakfast was OK, but certainly not worth what they charge for it. When we need to be in the area we will try someplace else next time. This was a disappointment.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debrah P
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.