“Nice hotel”

Hilton Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Nice comfortable hotel right by the airport. When you arrive at Cincinnati airport look for the hotel phone, give them a ring and they will pick you up free of charge.
At the hotel they are freindly enough with a good breakfast to start the day and a reasonably good gym.
Small indoor swimming pool too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank topbluebird77

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The pure Hilton (not Embassy, Garden etc) are usually the nicest of the Hilton properties. Not this one. It's an older property and the maintenance has not been the best. The AC in my room never really cooled it off and it was a very humid in my room. It was almost like using a swamp cooler! The bed was an older spring mattress that is overdue for replacement. The gym is the absolute worst I have ever seen at any Hilton property. Only two treadmills and two ellipticals and only one of each worked at all. Of the one each that did work, both were damaged and not fully functional. They have an average barbell set but the 7 foot ceiling makes it hard to do any lifting over your head unless you're seated. If you're Gold or Platinum, they do have a nice buffet breakfast. I'd still recommend any other Hilton property in the area over this one. The pool looked clean but there was no spa. Great location. Close to food and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your room and our amenities. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we continually work to improve our on-property experience. Our maintenance team has addressed the malfunctioning air conditioner in your room and we are working on replacing the cardio equipment in our fitness center. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This Hilton may well be the last hotel on earth that doesn't offer free wi-fi. When you can get free wi-fi at every place from a Motel 6 to a McDonald's that's inexcusable. Worse, the cost isn't for your room, it's PER ITEM, so if you're a family with a couple of kids wanting to get online to play Words With Friends while you check your mail on the iPad, you're going to have to sign up for THREE payments.

Also in the overpriced department is breakfast. Again, this is a free item at nearly every other hotel chain around (even the ones that have a price one-third of the rate to stay here [I booked through Priceline so I didn't have to pay the full price]). NINE DOLLARS for a bowl of oatmeal? George Clooney had better come with the oatmeal at that price! The Cracker Barrel right across the parking lot is no doubt thankful the prices are so exorbitant: since two can eat there for the price of the aforementioned bowl of oatmeal Cracker Barrel probably does a bang-up business at breakfast.

As for the room itself, it was comfortable and generally clean. There was a minor leaking problem at the base of the toilet but not serious enough to contact the maintenance department. I didn't visit the pool so I can't comment on it.

Overall I would not recommend the hotel based on the fact that things that are free right across the parking lot in other hotels cost at the Hilton -- and cost considerably.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

I appreciate your review of your recent stay with us in Cincinnati. I understand that WiFi and breakfast costs were of concern and I am sharing your feedback with the appropriate members of our team. Your review provides valuable feedback our hotel team needs to re-evaluate guest needs and meet guest expectations. Thank you and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Location chosen through Hotwire. Stayed here 3 years ago. Someone gave it 3 1/2 stars. Time has affected hotel. Needs cleaning and remodeling. Old cigarette smoke throughout building. Cable TV not kid friendly. Parental control on TV didn't work. Couldn't watch Reds Baseball; hotel doesn't subscribe to Fox Ohio in rooms, only in bar. Didn't want to take daughter in bar to watch game.

This facility is OK for conventions, adults or a steep discount without kids. You may to reconsider if you are traveling with children and staying in area for more than one night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank taylorcoots
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience of your past stay at our hotel. I appreciate your input. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms and in room amenities are areas we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel is conveniently situated on Interstate 71, with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. It also made it easy commute for my friends and I to drive into Downtown Cincinnati for 3 baseball games. However, the room had no fridge and a toilet that didn't flush until the front desk brought a plunger. Housekeeping allowed room service carts with half-eaten food to sit out in the hall for over 12 hours. The beds were comfortable, but the room temperature made it that if you were covered, you would eventually start sweating. One of the elevators gave us a bumpy ride going up to the 4th floor. Fortunately, when we arrived back hours later, the elevator was shut down. Ultimately, I've had worse but I've had much better. If you are expecting a lot from the Hilton brand, this hotel is likely to disappoint.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us in Cincinnati. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of your accommodations and amenities. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we continually work to improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

First, and most frustrating, while the sign is clearly visable from the highway, the enterence is confusing and not clearly marked. Way to impress a guest. Make it difficult to find the enterence to the property! Once your in, finding the actual enterence to the hotel is not that easy either. There is no obvious "front door" reception area. I thought I was going in the front door, only to find my self in the banquet area looking for the check-in desk. Two VERY seperate banks of elevators and an oddly located restuarant and bar (hidden in the back of the property) ensure that this VERY poorly laid out property gets my "who did this make sense to" design award. Not intuitive or predectible at all. Odd room amenities also. mini fridge sitting on the floor---no furniture or structure to house the unit--was functioning as a shelf for a microwave. I could write my name n-in the dust on both---so much for the housekeeping job! High speed intenet plug had been ripped out of the wall and the tub in my room dripped all evening--couldn't be turned off.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravlinMan_12
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. Although the building has a very unique design, I understand that navigating your way through the hotel can be a bit challenging. We will research possible ways of adding informational and directional signage to the exterior and interior areas of the hotel. In regards to the sleeping room, I will review your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.

Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Overall we had a very good one night stay at this hotel, as the halfway point on a long road trip. Location was very close to I77/I71 though we had to be a bit careful in locating the entrance driveway. The room was very comfortable and we enjoyed the bar and restaurant during dinner, as well as the buffet for breakfast. But the bathroom was a bit challenging. We reported that the tub faucet was leaking, but maintenance was unable to fit it during our two hour absence. The bathroom tissue dispenser was way to far from the toilet, and the lack of two sinks was disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gbraze
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback as we can use this information is improve our guests stays in the future. I completely understand your frustration regarding the bathroom, unfortunately we cannot solve that issue right now. But as we look into the future regarding renovations, this is something that we can review prior to the work being completed.

Regards,