“Strange bathroom”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Yorktown, Virginia
“Strange bathroom”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Overall we had a very good one night stay at this hotel, as the halfway point on a long road trip. Location was very close to I77/I71 though we had to be a bit careful in locating the entrance driveway. The room was very comfortable and we enjoyed the bar and restaurant during dinner, as well as the buffet for breakfast. But the bathroom was a bit challenging. We reported that the tub faucet was leaking, but maintenance was unable to fit it during our two hour absence. The bathroom tissue dispenser was way to far from the toilet, and the lack of two sinks was disappointing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gbraze
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback as we can use this information is improve our guests stays in the future. I completely understand your frustration regarding the bathroom, unfortunately we cannot solve that issue right now. But as we look into the future regarding renovations, this is something that we can review prior to the work being completed.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The hotel is newer and has good rooms and comfortable beds. But house keeping and the management has gone down hill.

I checked in late at the weekend and found a large stack on used dirty plates outside my room. I thought maybe the room was occupied and they had simply pushed the plates outside the door? No is was empty but I had to move the tray and other plates and glasses so I could get in.

In the morning I used the shower and when I came to dry my hair I found a used sanitary towel in the bag where the hair drier is on the back of the bathroom door. It was disgusting.

The pile of plates two days later was smaller but still there. I emailed the manager directly and then went to see the reception staff. They were very apologetic but it still took 4 hours to clear the plates. I'm not sure why the house keeping staff walked past the plates for two days without clearing them up, or at least call the restaurant. That showed a complete lack of interest by the staff. The receptionist said she wrote to the manager and he would email or call me back. He never did.

So I have to conclude the manager is simply not managing his staff, and they have some serious problems with lack of motivation. Housekeeping really needs to get it's act together, and the manager needs to pay attention to guest complaints.

Room Tip: Get a clean one and check it carefully.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are currently reviewing our room service tray retrieval process so that we can avoid dirty trays in the hallways. I have also discussed your concerns with our executive housekeeper so we can avoid these issues in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Bathroom floor dirty, found hair all over bathroom, mold growing all over shower, beds were crap to sleep in, the pop machines do not accept dollar bills, the restaurant smelled to bad like smoke so we left, the pool area had many inches of water standing on floor. I complained but they did not care. Complained about mold issue and took many pics but they were not interesting in scouring the area to remove mold. They played it off like it was nothing. Black mold leads to all kind of health problems. Would not suggest anyone stay here ever. Not worth it.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
I would like to appologize for your most recent stay with us while visiting the area, this is definately not the standard that we hold our staff to. We will definately review our cleaniliness checklist for your specific room and make any applicable changes that would prevent this in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

Mountain Iron, Minnesota
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights for 62.99/night (booked on Expedia) and it was like staying at a very expensive high-end place. The rooms were completely spotless with great features including flat screen TVs and complimentary bottles of water. It was a very quiet place to stay which we appreciated after driving all the way from Minnesota. Even though the hotel was completely full for the night, we felt like we were treated great by the staff. The bistro restaurant offers a great buffet with every breakfast food you can think of from eggs and potatoes to a wide variety of cold cereal and fruit all for $12.95, which is a good price. Our only complain would be having to pay $10.95 for 24 hours of wireless Internet. Usually Internet is complimentary, even at economy type motels, so that would of been appreciated. Other than that, highly recommended stay near Cincinnati!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CaSaundraLeigh
Thank you for your kind words regarding the Hilton Cincinnati Airport, it is greatly appreciated! We look forward to your next stay while visiting the Greater Cincinnati area!

Nashville, TN
Reviewed June 10, 2012

A buddy and I stayed here after a Reds game. It was about a 10 minutes south of Cincinnati. I got a great prepay rate from hilton.com. Check in was great and the attendant was super friendly. She even asked me what floor I wanted and warned me that the upper floors had a lot of kids on them. So I requested a first floor room. The room itself is nothing special. I did find a few stains on my comforter as well as the shower. Just like my last review on a Hilton property, I sure do wish they would get better pillows. I HATE feather pillows. I never could get comfortable. The room would get hot and the air would kick on. Then the room was too cold. I had a horrible nights sleep. The pool looked nice but I never had an opportunity to use it. Also being a Hilton Honors member I got free wifi, and it did work much better than the last Hilton I stayed at.

The hotel probably needs a freshening up, but I would probably stay here again if I could get the same rate that I got this time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate the feedback as we strive to make sure our guests have a relaxing stay. You will be glad to hear that Hilton is looking at updating the bedding package and possibly change the pillow types. Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward your stay with us in the future!
Milan, Illinois
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Upon arrival we were told the hotel was "overbooked" and that our king, non-smoking room was not available. All they had was a smoking room. Do all hotels overbook? To me, if you call and reserve a "non-smoking" room, that is what you should get. We called on the day of arrival, called the hotel directly, but were still given a dirty, smelly room. They did offer to call around and see if any other hotels had openings, but we had driven 8 hours and were exhausted. I called several hotels I could see in the area, and they were also full. We stayed in the disgusting room, all night my eyes itched and I was nauseous from the smell, even with the window open. We left before 7 am the next morning - spending less than 8 hours in the hotel. We received a weak apology at check-in, no compensation - only an offer to send somebody up to "spray the room down." Really? We travel through this area at least once a year, have stayed at this hotel in the past, but will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel based on your most recent stay. Although all comments are not positive ones, we definately respect the negative comments so we can try to taylor our services to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. I do apologize for your negative experience, and invite you to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to further discuss.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels ever. It's clean, quiet and within walking distance to stores and restaurants. Their fitness center with new equipment and indoor pool is incredible!

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong with any of their rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business