“Not what it used to be.”
Review of Z's Cafe - CLOSED

Z's Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Comfort food reigns supreme at Z's Cafe. Breakfast is served all day every day. Homemade soups, chicken and dumplings, and meatloaf headline the menu. Burgers, wraps, and the biggest double-deckers in town are also available.
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This place had a solid reputation in the community when it was Double Decker. Man that thing is HUGE! Unfortunately it will take some work to regain that reputation as Country Cafe. The sandwiches were just okay. Not much more than what you would expect in a lunchbox. The service was annoying. Food servers just standing around in the dining room having personal conversations as if the customers weren't there. Had the impression we were somehow interrupting them by being in the restaurant. I hope it can be turned around.

5  Thank caymansilvas

Reviewed April 11, 2011

Let me just preface this by saying that I am not a picky person. It takes a lot to make me angry or unsatisfied. I am very much the type of person to "go with the flow." I've never been angry enough at a restaurant to go out of my way to warn people about it. However, my experience at the County Cafe was terrible. My family and I used to love to go to the Double Decker Cafe before it closed. When it reopened as the County Cafe about 3 months ago, we couldn't wait to try it. Last week was our first trip back. It was terrible. The service was terrible, food was terrible and the waitress was clueless. This week, we thought we'd give it the benefit of the doubt and try it again. Big mistake. When we walked in, a waitress with three very noticeable facial piercings took our drink order. I am a very open-minded person, but give me a break. Take the nasty eyebrow ring out and at least TRY to look like you don't come from a trailer park. She told us our waitress would be right over. Ten minutes later, our waitress arrives and takes our order. She is yet to give us silverware. She brings out my salad and still is yet to bring us silverware. It took her 15 minutes after we got our food to bring us silverware. This would be excusable if the place was slammed. We were one of four tables that were there and the waitress was in panic mode. She had no idea what she was doing. I asked for fries, I got chips. I asked for mayo and a toasted bun and got neither. The people behind us got their order wrong as well. I waited 15 minutes for a refill. The waitresses have no personality whatsoever. It's almost like the owner of the place waited outside of the Jerry Springer show and offered people jobs. They all have no idea what they are doing. It took our waitress 20 minutes to get our check and take our payment because she couldn't figure out the register. On top of all that, she charged us $1.00 for an extra side of ranch dressing. Not even McDonalds does that. My advice to prospective customers: DON'T GO. My advice to the owner: If you have any hope of staying in business, you'll fire your current staff and hire people with personality and experience.

7  Thank Breeba123
Union, Kentucky
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I have eaten here 6 times since we moved back to KY. The service has been okay but the food has been great and worth the money. I haven't had 1 thing I didn't like. I have to warn you about those double decker sandwiches.. they are BIG.

Reviewed November 27, 2008

If you like bacon, you'll love their double deckers!

Reviewed July 19, 2008

One of the best places to eat! Great value for the amount of food you get.