“Great value”

GreenLeadersGold level
Rustburg, VA, United States
“Great value”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel was very clean, got a good reception and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast offering was okay, but for the price, it is just a bonus. The room was very clean and beds and pillows were very comfortable. I will surely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and writing such a wonderful review.
We love to see that you overall enjoyed your stay and value. We hope that as you stated when you return to the area we have a pleasure of having you again

Brett Rouse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Roanoke, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was not disappointed, the reviews were very positive and were correct. The room was spotless, smelled nice. I had a dog with me and this hotel had a pet area to walk my dog. Bed was comfortable, bathroom very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time and mentioning our wonderful housekeeping staff. It is rare that they get such a focused review on their hard work; we truly couldnt function without them and without reviews such as yours.

We thank you again for the great review and we look forward to having you and your furry family member again

Montgomery
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went to Kentucky for a funeral Sept. 26-28 and stayed at the Best Western. WOW what a pleasant stay. From the check in to the departure EVERY thing went great. The check in clerk was a joy to meet--the breakfast lady was very kind and helpful--the room cleanup lady was cheerful and very helpful. The room was clean and the beds caused us to sleep like a baby. No noise at night and every thing was perfect!! They gave us an unexpected discount since we were attending a local funeral. I would stay there again when in the area. Would recommend that anyone going near there stay at the Best Western. Could not get over how everyone made you fell comfortable and at Home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Wow what a great review! We appreciate your opinion.
On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for your great compliment. We do try hard to make guests feel at home specially in time of need such as yours.

We thank you for being our guest and we look forward to having you again in the near future

Otway
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Front desk clerk was very nice and helpful at checkin. Room was very clean and quite. Breakfast had something for everybody including my favorite biscuits and gravy. Nothing negative about this hotel. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the fantastic review. We love to see when we please our guests in every way.
We hope to have the pleasure of having you again

Sincerely
Waterloo, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We booked this ahead of time for our return on the way home from AR. Although we asked for a first floor room, we were given a third floor room but the desk clerk apologized and reduced our rate a little bit to compensate for the mix up. The room was great, the bed was really great (firm with great pillows) and the AC was reasonably quiet. I did hear other guests in the hallways the next morning as they were leaving (kids running around) but it was brief and we needed to head out early anyway. The maid asked us if everything was okay on our way out, even, which is really great. It showed she really cared and wasn't just pushing her cart around mindlessly until the end of her shift. I will definately book/stay here again in our NY to AR and back travels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We love knowing when we have made a lasting great impression upon our guests. The staff here loves to know when they are on the right track to success and so we thank you as a team for all your kind words

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon

Alvin, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed two nights at this property; The Staff is helpful and courteous - female owner is not. I felt that the property was clean and reasonably comfortable. Parking was adequate and well lighted. It is a bit dated although most everything in good working order. I did notice that the lamps that normally have two bulbs only had one. I am uncertain if they can't afford both bulbs or the electricity. The lady manager is not very polite nor pleasant with her employee's or the guests.
I noticed that the online price of the hotel was lower than my rate; I inquired with the staff and the owners wife regarding the reason for my rate being higher - The answer made me move to Microtel a block away!

Room Tip: Make certain the priced You booked at is what you pay! Be certain that if the price online goes down...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rollinschuck
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review on your stay.
I wanted to ask you a few things about your review because as an elite member with best western we want to make sure your concerns are addressed.
You had mentioned that you spoke with the owner and management. Although we have a rounded staff, the owner has not been here for sometime and our manager Brett has been out on medical leave; I am sorry that you felt as if management was not properly taking care of you but I as the front desk manager I can address any rate issues.
Best Western has 100% satisfaction and so I would love the opportunity to fix any of your concerns with your rate.
Secondly, you had mentioned your concern with the light bulb. We have replaced your missing light bulb and so we thank you for your feedback so that the next guest has a better experience.

I would like to thank you for the compliment on the lighting as well as the staff. As a team we strive to make sure that our customers are happy, and I am glad that reflected on your stay.

I hope you allow us the chance to show you why we are ranked 2 on Trip Advisor and give you the opportunity to have a true experience at our location.

Thank you and if you need anything or have questions please call me directly at 8595250090

Ashley
Wadesville, Indiana
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by friendly American staff, they had large rooms with about anything you would need for your stay. Pool and hot tub were clean with easy access. They even allowed late entry to the hot tub after the game! The only drawback was that the lights were on motion sensors that you could not turn off so when you get up in the middle of the night to use the toilet the lights came on! But overall excellent stay and great breakfast!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review. Reading, I found that you left us such an amazing compliment and we truly could not ask for more. I am glad to see you enjoyed part of our culturally rounded staff all the way to our free hot breakfast.
We appreciate the wonderful feedback and it was our pleasure having you as our guest.

Ashley

PS
I do apologize about the light switches. We recently got our eco friendly switches installed and are trying to figure out the perfect settings. I do hope on your next stay you will see an improvement

Thank you for your feedback; it is very helpful